Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Load Data
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything

Thread: Any USPSA shooters here?

Boolit Buddy

Any USPSA shooters here?

Just looking to see if any USPSA shooter are here. Any one cast and shoot in pistol matches? Just wanting to see what works or yall.

Boolit Master
    A little bit, I use a glock 35 with a KKM barrel in production. My load is a Lee 175 gr TC with a light charge of bullseye since I only have to run Minor. I use the same gun in 3 Gun with a 9mm conversion barrel. Some times i run my 300 blackout with a cast 155gr boolit.
    Quote Originally Posted by multigunner76 View Post
    Just looking to see if any USPSA shooter are here. Any one cast and shoot in pistol matches? Just wanting to see what works or yall.

Boolit Grand Master

I shoot USPSA Revolver and ICORE using my own castings. Lee 358-150-1R as cast lubed with LLA/JPW. A whole mess of boolits in not much time.

I've also shot Lee 452-228-1R in L10 and on steel.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Boolit Buddy
    Ive got so much respect for the revolver guys. I walk the stage and plan my one mag change and just dont see how the revolver guys do it. Id rather watch them run a stage than the open guys. I never was a fan of a wheel gun. But after watching them in compoetiton it has peeked my interest. Im currently using 124 grain Bayou Bullets with 4 grains of Red Dot in a Tanfoglio 9mm. Its shoots nice and flat, makes the gun quick and snappy with very little recoil.

Boolit Grand Master

Well, I'm more of a garbage truck than a Ferrari. 6 and reload suited that very well. I also really enjoyed the stage breakdown that went with only 6 in the gun. With this year's rule change, I'm shooting 8 in my 627. Definitely makes planning a stage easier. There won't be any six shooters left amongst serious revolver competitors in very short order. Can't say as I'm completely happy about that. I miss my old 625.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

Vendor Sponsor
    Heck yes!! I run 2 USPSA matches per month at 2 ranges in North Carolina (NC29 is our Club). Also shoot REVO in ZSA. I use the Lee 230 LRN over 4.1 Clays to make Major in my 625. When not shooting REVO, I play in Production sometimes with the Lyman 147 LTC over 3.6 Grs SR4756

Boolit Master
    I'm a C class USPSA shooter in Single Stack. I shoot "Outlaw" uspsa styte matches locally and came in overall second using my 625 and cast boolits this past weekend. I was trying to match Jerry Miculek for speed on the last stage, but unfortunately lost enough accuracy to drop into second. My strong suit is accuracy and minimal rounds fired to complete a stage. I need to remember to stick with that.
    You have the right to force me to pay for the feeding, housing, clothing, education, and medical treatment of yourself and your children when I have THE RIGHT TO FORCE YOU TO PICK MY COTTON!

Section 1 13th Amendment to the Constitution:
    "Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for a crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Boolit Master
    I shoot several matches a year at Hodag Sportsmans Club in Rhinelander, WI. Usually do single stack. My problem is that I am way too slow and methodical. But it is such a great time to be there with my friends and talk about how we are going to shoot a stage and how we screwed up after we shot that stage.

Shot at Hodag again. Shot in Limited this time. Don't know why they call it limited, they allow me to use all the boolits I can stuff in a mag. I like this Limited class. Only have to do one mag change per stage.
    Last edited by upnorthwis; 10-26-2014 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Shot at Hodag again.
    The only amendment the Democrats support is the 5th.

Boolit Master

Yep USPSA ICORE GSSF and any other worthy competition. Even did IDPA ONCE not so fun.

Boolit Mold
    I shoot USPSA Limited class all over Ohio and the surrounding states. It is why I joined this forum. Casting my own bullets saves me so much money. I just bought a Master Caster last week to keep up with the demand. Last year I shot upwards of 20,000 rounds in practice and matches combined. I shoot primarily .40 S&W 180 grain RNFP coated with Hi-Tek coating over 4.7 grains of N320 to make major PF. My gun is a STI 2011 Legend model.