MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Repackbox Load Data
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally the 300 blackout is working

Boolit Mold
    I've not had much luck with 5744 in any application, really. But since its the most expensive powder I've used, I'm not terribly upset.

as far as I can tell the .30cal NEA is just plain old normal rifling. It certainly looks nothing like a Glock barrel does on the inside. I wonder if just the .22 is polygonal.

if this next batch gives me no joy I'm trying the frontier plated 110 bullets. Hopefully they don't have feeding issues.

if THAT doesn't work, then I'm selling the upper.

Boolit Master
    If you follow Larry Gibson Rule of barrel twist/rpm with the 1/7 barrel you would get Varied /wonky results over
    7”…………1166…………..1361Fps

Maybe thats why the 300 Black works better with the heavies at a lower velocity

Quote Originally Posted by Mark-II View Post
    I've not had much luck with 5744 in any application, really. But since its the most expensive powder I've used, I'm not terribly upset.

as far as I can tell the .30cal NEA is just plain old normal rifling. It certainly looks nothing like a Glock barrel does on the inside. I wonder if just the .22 is polygonal.

if this next batch gives me no joy I'm trying the frontier plated 110 bullets. Hopefully they don't have feeding issues.

if THAT doesn't work, then I'm selling the upper.

Banned

yeah my 165's apparently do not hit paper at 1350 from the 1-7. [okay I guess one does then the other 2 shots keep going elsewhere]
    now that I know I'm waay over the rpm thingy, i'll just have to sell the rifle and buy another one or sumthin.
    [kicking dirt as I leave]

Boolit Mold
    The NEA is supposed to be 1 in 8.

If I get no joy tomorrow I'll make notes on how the action functions and see if reducing the starting load further might help. I never chase maximums. I just go for the most accurate load that operates the action.

It seems like we have a number of 300 BLK folks on this thread, and I wanted to see if any of you might have any input on a thread I just posted?

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...sion-Experts!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12