Load DataWidenersRotoMetals2Inline Fabrication
RepackboxSnyders JerkyLee PrecisionReloading Everything
Titan Reloading MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Looking for .32/40s in 165 gr.

Boolit Mold

Looking for .32/40s in 165 gr.

Any of you fellars know where to find .32/40s at a reasonable price. I need to find a source for my squirrel gun. I use it to shoot coyotes too.

Boolit Man
    1065 grains should be enough for elephants!

Boolit Mold
    Yep" most likely get about 3 elephants for that

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Single shot with a loooooooonnnnggggggg throat?
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

1065 gr ant a boolit its a arrow

A GUN IN THE HAND IS BETTER THAN A COP ON THE PHONE

crime dont pay as will as politics

Boolit Buddy
    its been a long day

a little overkill for squirrels

Was it something like this you had in mind?

Cap'n Morgan

According to the Greenhill Formula you should try a 4 bore for that boolit.

Boolit Master

you guys are a bit hard on the nebies today aren't you. I bet that thing would launch at the velocity of a spit wad out of the little old 38-40, maybe it would exit the bore.

Boolit Master

Man! Talk about a cruise missile!
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Master at Heavens Range Bob Krack's Avatar
    Ohio for a while Kalifornia then who knows where - Missouri?
    Quote Originally Posted by manleyjt View Post
    you guys are a bit hard on the nebies today aren't you. I bet that thing would launch at the velocity of a spit wad out of the little old 38-40, maybe it would exit the bore.
    They are being hard on him???

At even 150FPS that would be a potent load!

Seriously Paul, I guess you are looking for 165 (or 65) Grain? and I assume you are looking for ammo, not projectiles?
    Vic
    I was always taught to respect my elders, but it's getting harder and harder to find any!

Μολὼν λαβέ; approximate Classical Greek pronunciation [molɔ̀ːn labé], Modern Greek [moˈlon laˈve]), meaning "Come and take them" is a classical expression of defiance reportedly by King Leonidas in response to the Persian army's demand that the Spartans surrender their weapons at the Battle of Thermopylae.

Le Loup Solitaire

32-40

Hi, The 32-40 is a real old timer, but once upon a once a lot of folks did some good shootin with it. Two present day manufacturers of molds for it are Lyman and Saeco. The molds can be found in the midway catalog. Both are for the original style 32-40 bullet, around 160-165 grains. You can also hunt around on E-Bay under 'bullet mold" and there are the old Winchester molds that pop up regularly for the 32-40- 165 grains and they are single cavity. Maybe not as cheap as a new mold, but definitely original.
    In the brass department the only current manufacturer of brass being sold by Midway is Winchester and it ain't exactly cheap...around $50 a hundred, but at least its a start. There are 2 other choices to that if you're willing to put in the time. First you can fire-form (blow out) once fired, decapped 30-30 cases. You HAVE to start by annealing the cases.Set up a bucket of cold water and put a board across it. Heat the neck/shoulder area of each case with a propane torch-NOT HEATING BELOW THAT and then knock them into the cold water. This softens the brass so that the necks/shoulders don't split when you do the next step. Take the cold, DRYED cases, prime them, put in 10 grains of Red Dot powder and stuff them tightly with toilet tissue or kleenex and then fireform them in your rifle. The ejected cases should be a 32-40. They might then have to be trimmed to length. Second choice would be to get some once fired, decapped 38-55 cases, LUBE them and run them into a 32-40 sizing die....real slow!!! to give the brass a chance/time to flow. If you go too fast them you may/run the risk of collapsing the cases. The cases then have to be trimmed to the correct length. These 2 methods are slow and a pain in the butt, but probably cheaper than buying new straight run 32-40 cases. You have to do the math and decide which road you want to take. If you do a good job no one will ever know unless they look at the headstamp. In any case (no pun intended) good shootin. LLS

Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to the board.

I think OWS has what your after:

http://www.ows-ammo.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id/287
    Reloading Data Project - (in retirement)
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/reloadersrfrnce/

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Loup Solitaire View Post
    First you can fire-form (blow out) once fired, decapped 30-30 cases. You HAVE to start by annealing the cases.Set up a bucket of cold water and put a board across it. Heat the neck/shoulder area of each case with a propane torch-NOT HEATING BELOW THAT and then knock them into the cold water. This softens the brass so that the necks/shoulders don't split when you do the next step. Take the cold, DRYED cases, prime them, put in 10 grains of Red Dot powder and stuff them tightly with toilet tissue or kleenex and then fireform them in your rifle. The ejected cases should be a 32-40. LLS
    I think you better run those .30-30s through a .32-40 sizer die or you will not get them into the .32-40 chamber to fireform them. Cases made from .30-30 will end up shorter than spec .32-40 but will work ok with smokeless powder. I have a bag of them on my bench.