Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationReloading Everything
Titan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners

Thread: Duck stamp increase

Life Member of NRA,NTA,DAV ,ITA. Also member of FTA,CBA

I'm fine with it... We are losing wildlife habitat at an alarming rate. Given that and the rising costs in land it's really a pretty cheap price to pay. Yes it is making hunting licenses more expensive but between that and my state licenses it is still less than a dollar a (hunting) day. Most of us spend two or three times that on our phone and/or TV service.

I always buy 2 just for the extra contribution.

Banned
    The only people who are truly trying to conserve wetlands are the sportsmen I have watched gov scott in fl redistrict wetlands here and then sell em off to developers. There was one lady here who blew the whistle on him and they tried to fire her for speaking out she still has a job but not advising on the board for preservation of the wetlands.

Moderator Emeritus

A long time ago almost every one I knew hunted ducks and geese. With the requirement of Steel Shot and duck stamp increases in Fed and State almost no one I know that hunts, hunts waterfowl. It is a shame because the seasons are long and it is fun but out of one hundred hunters I know less than 5 hunt ducks. This will not help the overall funds, IMO. The more it costs the more are excluded.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master

Last year
    I was ask to fill out a questionare about the Fed Duck Stamp

I voted for a increase to $30
    Also I voted that EVERYONE that uses the Fed marsh's need to have a Fed Duck Stamp
    That includes the bird watchers and fishermen
    I was told they are working on other fees for non hunters

I live less than 10 miles from Ottawa National Refuge
    Love the place and I helped in a small part to pay for it
    But it frosts my cookies to see all the anti hunting bumperstickers on the bird watchers cars

Oh well at least we got a small increase

John
    Yea, thou I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for thou art with me; Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me.
    And I carry a LOADED Hell Cat

120 miles North of Texarkana 9 miles from OK in the green hell
    Nv added an extra stamp about 3 yr ago so it takes $35 license,$10 for the upland game stamp (that includes pheasent quail and rabbits?) $10 state duckstamp, and now a $20 Federal Duck stamp . It costs $10 ea to put in for elk ,deer ,antelope , 3 species of big horn or mtn goat w/tag fees of 25 for deer and 100 for the others. Lemme see now if i want to hunt duck & geese and shoot some incedental quail or rabbits and happen to draw a deer tag I'm up to $110 on or about the 10th of June and another $110 more if I happen to draw any of the others that I only put in for every other yr. Then I still have to put out for steel shot at $15-18/box or $8 or so to load them. Plus I have to drive 110-160 mile due to draught and LA thieving the water that feeds the now basicly dead lake a half mile out my back door. Its a terminus that I can show you blinds I personaly used that are now 200yd for the water there are a couple over a mile from it ,thats just me having been here 17yrs.
    Please forgive me but the plan remove as many game/fowl hunters as possible to leave it as a rich mans game and remove another sporting use definition. It sure as hellp ain't helping anything in the west . 25 years ago I set a personal limit of 5 ducks per hunting day even though the daily was 7 It allowed me to hunt all 3 days of my weekends but it also was 5 minutes to the bilnd and 2 or 3 of my 4 kids hunted w/me. In the last 5 yr even the coot/mud hen/gallanul populations have dropped from 10,000s to 100s. By the way come hunt Nv because there's 1 warden per county.Mineral is roughly the size of Maryland . I can't see where the state money is going let alone the federal money because it shore ain't fixing my wet lands. More proof the wetlands of Churchill county have dwendled from conservitively from 150,000 acres30 yr ago to 10,000 maybe this yr. Walker Lake is down from 640,000 to maybe 300,000 and is higher in disolved solids than the ocean................. sorry I'm done now I'l go back to codgers corner now.
    In the time of darkest defeat,our victory may be nearest. Wm. McKinley.

I was young and stupid then I'm older now. Me 1992 .

Richard Lee Hart 6/29/39-7/25/18

Without trial we cannot learn and grow . It is through our stuggles that we become stronger .
    Brother I'm going to be Pythagerus , DiVinci , and Atlas all rolled into one soon .

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by dakotashooter2 View Post
    I'm fine with it... We are losing wildlife habitat at an alarming rate. Given that and the rising costs in land it's really a pretty cheap price to pay. Yes it is making hunting licenses more expensive but between that and my state licenses it is still less than a dollar a (hunting) day. Most of us spend two or three times that on our phone and/or TV service.

I always buy 2 just for the extra contribution.
    OK with me as well. Like more than a few hunters I buy duck stamps with no intention of actually hunting ducks. Wetlands habitat improvement benefits more than just ducks. I've been fortunate to spend a bit of time in a wetlands project near Richland Chambers lake S of Dallas, truly an awesome place. There are precious few government agencies that make a dollar work harder than wildlife agencies, I've seen that up close & personal with Texas P&WD. Besides, they're pretty!
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.