Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationWidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RCBS mold handles $3.62 each!

Boolit Man
    They are now $31.55.

Boolit Man
    Kind of like when I went trough the drive through bank a few years back and took out $1500. for a road trip to Texas to buy a car. The young guy at the window actually gave me $1600.00 and I went back through the drive up window and sent the whole envelope back and asked him to recount. He thanked me and said I likely saved his job. I had another incident where I got a DUI about 15 years ago. They sent me to take some tests at a place called Diversion Services, it asked a bunch of questions about honesty, one being if I found a wallet on a street corner, would I turn it into the police, take the money and turn it in, or take the money and throw it away. I answered honestly, I would turn it in with everything intact. The Psycho-pathagest running the show went through my test and commented that I'm a darn saint and a liar. I told him to go F-himself and walked out the door.

Ain't right!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwrkr View Post
    They honored the orders just fine until they caught the mistake and corrected the price. I don't know how many they sold at the incorret price, I only bought one, that's all I needed.
    One or ten, it still is taking advantage of a good supplier. Hope you're proud.

Banned

Pride ain't got nuthin to do with someone elses mistake.

Boolit Master
    I'm pleased to see that there are some honest people left. No matter what the legal stance is I am a better man than to take advantage of someone's mistake. The people who write the laws are honest?? You gotta be kiddin'. I like to think about it like... what would I want someone to do if I made a mistake? I'd appreciate someone pointing it out and being honest enough to not take advantage of my mistake. And I bet all of you would like someone to be honest with you instead of taking advantage if you were the one who made the mistake. I would rather lose money than be the one taking advantage of someone else. It's just who I am. I sleep better and make fewer enemies that way. It feels better when someone applauds your honesty than if they call you a thief.

In Remembrance

I once found a camaflage shirt on the after season sale rack at Wal Mart marked 3.98. I took it to the cashier and asked if the price was correct, as the others like it were 16.95 on sale. The clerk called a manager who adjusted the price to .98. I asked what was she doing? She explained that their policy was to knock 3.00 of mismarked merchendise. I still have and use the shirt. DALE

Boolit Master
    For me it depends. If the store has dealt fairly with me in the past or it is my first time there and there is a mistake in pricing, I will tell them. BUT if that store has refused to make right a problem that I think they should have---the gloves come off! Case in point: several years ago wifey bought an electric kettle from a large chain store. WE did not need to use it for several months. The box had never been opened. When we opened it up the body of the kettle was cracked. After that amount of time we did not have the sales slip but the box and the kettle both had the store's distinctive stickers on and the kettle was obviously new and had not been used. The store refused to do anything about it so I was out 15 dollars. Several months later I was in the same store and I noticed they had 500 round bricks of .22 long rifle ammo marked 2.75---I bought 5. The store don't owe me 15 dollars any more.
    R.D.M.

Just a few days ago I sole my copy of "The Paper Jacket" book to a fellow on this site. I shiped the book before I got the money. Just today a got a PM saying the check is in the mail. I trust other shooters, least I did till I read this Post. Thank you WonderWolf. Your a honest man !!

Boolit Master on Heavens Range
    I contracted with a bank to help build a loan processing system for them. I noticed that one of the bank's offerings was a private participation in a portfolio of long term govt notes. I joined the group. When my expertise was delivered and I was about to leave, I cashed in my participation. The interest received was way out of line because I knew of the govt note yields. I went to the computer programmer who wrote the code for that particular portfolio and other's like it and showed him my "check". He immediately got extremely nervous. We went to the bank pres and explained it all. The pres said the check I had was golden cash and that it was mine entirely. State banking law. I helped the guy fix his program, and the pres offered to extend my contract salary for the heads up. I refused the additional payment, and instead repaid the entire overage by paying cash into their Christmas party fund. I felt good about the whole thing, and have had several outstanding work references from them that paid many, many, many times over that returned amount. ... felix
    felix

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Quote Originally Posted by pdawg_shooter View Post
    I trust other shooters, least I did till I read this Post.
    My sentiment.

Question:

How many of the member's here would have ordered handles from the Handle GB if the price was incorrectly listed at $2.20 instead of the correct $22.00.

Let see a show of hands.

RRR
    Last edited by Red River Rick; 02-15-2008 at 02:55 PM. Reason: typo
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

My sentiment.

Question:

Quote Originally Posted by Red River Rick View Post
    How many of the member's here would have ordered handles from the Handle GB if the price was incorrectly listed at $2.20 instead of the correct $22.00.

Let see a show of hands.

RRR
    Not a chance Rick. This would be theft from a hardworking individual. Sleep would not come easy if I pulled something like that.

That being said.....it can feel almost justified to take advantage of a huge Co. that makes it's money by scamming and ripping off 1000's of people as a daily practice.

Case in point.......just tried to order a Lee 2cav from Midway,...$20 this is $3 more than Lee factory sales,,Oh well....continue....$3 Special handling fee...What the %#@!!....
    Now the shipping...$12...any one knows that you can ship a box full of 70lbs. of crap anywhere for $9. Talk about a ripoff/scam. One can just about feel OK about getting some of your money back after being treated like this for too long.

Sorry for the rant. I'm no thief, but at times just a little discouraged. All of the good people here that I have dealt with have been very Honest and Generous. Thanks Gentlemen!

Moderator / Master Tool & Die Maker

Freedom475:

I've dealt with a lot of the members as well and have had nothing but "Excellent" dealings with all of them. Your right, they are a great bunch of people. And 99.9 % of them are all honest and generous. But that 0.1% are the one's that bother me.

RRR
    "I Make the part.............................that makes the parts"

Looking for Bullet Mould Handles, Heavy Duty Replacement Sprue Plates, Adjustable Paper Patch Bullet Moulds? Check here:http://www.kal.castpics.net/

My Feedback!

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...Red-River-Rick

Boolit Master at Heaven's Range 2010

?????

on anothe site there is quite a rant about midway and there shipping fees.
    I deal with midsouth/graf and natchez.also CDNN and center fire.never had a problem and good people to talk to.-----------
    WILDCATT

Banned

I woulda cause I wouldn't know if that was right or wrong price, sounded good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    I woulda cause I wouldn't know if that was right or wrong price, sounded good to me.
    Ahhh...., very profound Blammer, now we understand.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Backgear View Post
    One or ten, it still is taking advantage of a good supplier. Hope you're proud.
    Quote Originally Posted by Backgear View Post
    Ahhh...., very profound Blammer, now we understand.
    Hey- This isn't a major crime spree here. If you want to come aboard throwing stones, better prepare yourself and put on some heavy armor...

Boolit Master

Nicely put.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by PatMarlin View Post
    Hey- This isn't a major crime spree here. If you want to come aboard throwing stones, better prepare yourself and put on some heavy armor...

Pat,

With all due respect, you like many others that frequent a certain site or sites, and I assume you are here quite a bit based on your post count, all depend on others in the community for a number of things that make the site enjoyable to visit and share hobby intrests, etc.

Have you posted something for sale over in the swapin and sellin section? Have you purchased something that another member has posted there?
    We all depend on honesty!

Some guys here only have a small collection of molds.....and others have tons of them. If the mentality of some is followed, the guys with "tons" ...well its ok to take advantage of them.

To all,

Rest assured, at least someone here was "honest"......I was tempted to cut and paste a copy of the e-mail I recieved........a member here recieved a thank you from Midsouth for pointing out the typo after reading the post here that started this thread.....the mentality of some here makes me think of the looting that goes on during some black-outs and times of unrest.

if the shoe fits........

Boolit Master

I think it'd be a really cool idea if we all slowed down and read the other guy's post with an attempt at understanding before launching our keyboards over the horizon.

Mark

Boolit Master
    I am in Lovedogs corner on this one.
    Founder of the Single Shot section.

A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have.

8 in the 10 ring, then I get a PING. Love my Garand.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast