Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee Precision
WidenersTitan ReloadingRepackboxSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Load Data

Thread: Marbles Tang sight repairs

Boolit Buddy

Marbles Tang sight repairs

I have a Marbles tang sight on my Lever Action Silhouette rifle. It developed a problem - the clicks are uneven - 15 clicks up doesn't always put me in the same place. So, I contacted Marbles and the immediately responded. I'm sending the sight back for repair or replacement...now that's customer service!

Thanks Marbles - I'll tell everyone how you help me get it back on target. I've gotten used to our "throwaway" society - its nice to find a company who stands behind their products.

M

Boolit Grand Master

There's a reason why Marbles has been around longer than most of us, hope they outlast us all. Tomorrow's shooters deserve good equipment, even if it's a bit "old school".
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Bub
    Yes, had a problem with my Win 1885 traditional hunter...they sorted out.

But for adjustment also take a vernier caliper to range to double check (vertical) movement of sight. It took several up and down adjustments for "clicks" to settle down. 10 clicks work out at 4" at 100yds approx.

Another thought is not to use any super slippery lube on spring plate, which locks into indent "cut" on tang base. Under recoil the tang may slip forward and damage item.

I just use some STOS "vaseline" to lube and prevent galling...has worked so far!

Boolit Buddy

On the topic of Marble's tang sights....anybody have an opinion on a comparison with a Lyman tag sight? Considering a tang sight for my Marlin.

The reason I went with the Marble was their improved sight bases have windage adjustment and Lyman does not.Unfortunately my standard height upright does not adjust as low as the picture in their website says it should. It is on it's way back to Marble to find out why.