RotoMetals2Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision Titan Reloading

Thread: i went and did it

i went and did it

couldnt take it any longer. just placed an order for hf pc gun and 1 red and 1 black matte. hopefully get to try it out this weekend. should i still gc them or try without? how fast are you pushing the pc bullets in your rifles?

Boolit Master

I haven't shot any through my rifles yet but I will be GC'ing them first. I stopped using the HF gun once the dry tumble method started working so well. Although, for matte black you will need the HF gun or need to use the piglet method. It's some fun stuff.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    You will like the coat you get with the HF gun. It is so slick and perfect. I don't know how fast you can shoot them though, the only rifle boolits I coat (at present) are for my 30-30 and it's not a speedster with Red Dot. I'm going to be speed testing some soon though. I just got a .35 Whelen and in addition to the bigger boolits for it, I'm going to see how fast all of my many .35 cal pistol boolits will stand up to! Wooooooohooooo!!!11!!1!!!one one one one!!1
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    You will like the coat you get with the HF gun. It is so slick and perfect. I don't know how fast you can shoot them though, the only rifle boolits I coat (at present) are for my 30-30 and it's not a speedster with Red Dot. I'm going to be speed testing some soon though. I just got a .35 Whelen and in addition to the bigger boolits for it, I'm going to see how fast all of my many .35 cal pistol boolits will stand up to! Wooooooohooooo!!!11!!1!!!one one one one!!1

You can push them to the limit. I had a Contender Super 14 in 30/30 and I fired a case full of Varget using a pc'd Lee 100g plain base. Zero leading. Accuracy wasn't great but NO fouling of any kind after a dozen or better.

Boolit Buddy
    I GC after coating. You can drill a pice of Aluminum the size of the base of the boolit cover with foil and poke the base in the hole. This keeps them from tiping over when you move them. The flash on the base will come off when you put the GC on and size them. If you use a RCBS or Lyman sizer you have to be careful or you will bump up the nose if you do not let them set a while to harden again.

got to try the powder coater out today. first attempt was pretty successful. noe .460 405 grain with aluminum gas check. hope to try them out this weekend.

Attachment 112054

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Nice, jason f! And it only gets better.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.