WidenersLee PrecisionTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataRotoMetals2Snyders JerkyRepackbox
Inline Fabrication Reloading Everything
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: (MiHec) What next for 10mm / 40sw?

Boolit Master
    I noticed. Mailbox cleared.

I think I'm going to ask Miha to do a rerun of the 200/190 with the option of no lube groove. I also think I'm going to reduce the spec caliber from .403" to .402" for lube groove version, .401" for non-lube groove version.

Boolit Man

A re-run of the 200 sounds great. I wouldn't turn my nose up at a 220 WFN, either

Boolit Master
    I think an ultra-heavy version of my design, 220gr is definitely in the cards somewhere.

Boolit Man

Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I think an ultra-heavy version of my design, 220gr is definitely in the cards somewhere.
    Excellent news, that's the one weight class I'm totally lacking for the 10mm, really curious to experiment with it.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Oreo View Post
    I noticed. Mailbox cleared. I think I'm going to ask Miha to do a rerun of the 200/190 with the option of no lube groove. I also think I'm going to reduce the spec caliber from .403" to .402" for lube groove version, .401" for non-lube groove version.
    Just threw the mail box out as a heads up. I know mine gets full at times as well.

I haven't checked the barrel on my 10mm as of yet but that sounds about right. I know his specs do sometimes run a bit proud.

This weight is about the perfect balance for my 7" Javelina. I usually run the 180gr Gold Dot in the mid 1300's as a hunting load and it does great. From what I saw of the original drawings this should work out very well for a good hunting bullet as well.

The reason I asked about the smaller pin is that I have found with some alloys this gest excellent expansion at the higher velocities where the cup might not quite get there and the large is a bit much. It really isn't necessary though since one can always order an extra set of the large pins and simply turn them down on a drill press with a file in little to no time.

I'll be watching for a rerun for sure, and am still sorry I missed out on the first one.
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Boolit Bub
    I would get the 220gr when it is available. this way I have 148 and 220 for the 10mm, covering the potential for this caliber.

Boolit Mold
    I am in the market for a 200 and 220 grner for my 10mm with lube grooves

Boolit Mold
    [QUOTE=41mag;2939178]I would be joyous if you simply did a rerun of the 200;195;180 version and then I would have what I need. I would even order an extra set of large pins and finish up my collection.

I also would be fine with a limited number run to get it done quicker if needed. Just make sure you shoot me a pm so I don't miss out entirely.
    What he said

Boolit Master
    Well, the way MiHec does things doesn't appear to me to be compatible with a quick limited run. Going there means going the whole distance.

The reward is a brass 4-cavity hollow point mold. I've posted the unabridged blueprints so that anyone can take the design over to Mountain Molds, or any other custom mold maker and get a one-off done in a matter of days. It just won't be hp, and for a lot of folks that's a feature not a bug.

I had out forth interest in a 220-230 grain hp with deep cavity sometime back but couldn't garner enough interest.
    Im down for a super heavy. With lube grooves.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Boolit Master
    I think the ultra-heavy will have to be a separate group buy. The length of the bullet body justifies re-centering the lube groove. That would be a lube-groove only production run. I think the 200gr/190gr makes good sense to run as a grooveless. The design can be tweaked a bit in minor ways for really optimal performance as a powder coated boolit, and still allow for the option of the original grooved spec. for those who prefer the traditional version.

Boolit Bub
    So when are we doing this 220 wfn mould?

Boolit Master
    I need to draw it up and send it to MiHec. I have two kids now so less time to futz with the computer then before. I'll see about getting it done here soon, now that I've decided on the direction I want to go with it.

Boolit Buddy
    I like your first idea of a 200/190 gr. at .402 with lube groves. The 190 with a nice wide hp.

Groo here
    I would suggest the Keith formula , meplat 64%-68%, weight to make SD about .160 to .170.
    Smooth side for PC and to reduce length. [your fighting powder space as the mag and barrel limit oal.]
    A boat tail of sorts to ensure that the base does not bulge the case at the taper [ like long 9mm]
    If you PC or HY-tec , no gascheck will be needed as speeds will not get close to the 1900+ limit.

Boolit Master

I would like to see something in 10mm, .403 that was very close to the LBT design WFN bullet. Almost a lead log, weighing in about 220-230 for N frame revolvers with a single wide lube groove. Do not think a GC is needed, but I do push the 10mm very hard in revolvers.

I have not embraced PC yet, have not even found any to try. It also seems to add a lot of work to casting, that I am not sure will make that big a difference yet. I have started visiting gun shows again, hoping to pick up some PC bullets in 10mm, 357 or 9mm to test.

I tried moly back in the day, in my 6mm-284 and really was not all that impressed. Before I jump on the PC band wagon I really need to test a few calibers.

Matt

Boolit Master
    It has been decided and (I think) approved by MiHec. I will be posting soon the sign-up thread for a rerun of the 190gr WFN with hollow point pins, 4 cavity, brass. The same will be available without a lube groove as an option. Instead of the 200gr version this time we will be doing a 220gr, same profile as 190gr but longer base band. Diameter spec has been reduced from .403" to .402" because MiHec cuts on the big side of the spec.

Boolit Buddy
    That sounds great Oreo. When you start this group buy count me in for the 190 gr. w/lube grooves.

Boolit Master

• 11-10-2014, 11:31 AM
      Oreo
      It has been decided and (I think) approved by MiHec. I will be posting soon the sign-up thread for a rerun of the 190gr WFN with hollow point pins, 4 cavity, brass. The same will be available without a lube groove as an option. Instead of the 200gr version this time we will be doing a 220gr, same profile as 190gr but longer base band. Diameter spec has been reduced from .403" to .402" because MiHec cuts on the big side of the spec.
    Any update on when this one will become active???
    Later,
    Mike / TX

Boolit Master
    Tonight. My fault for the delay. Kids, Christmas prep, a car wreck, procrastination, and some other stuff all conspired against me getting the active thread up for too long now. Give me a couple hours and I'll post the link here.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast