WidenersTitan ReloadingInline FabricationLoad Data
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRepackboxRotoMetals2
Lee Precision MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Question about 870 stocks

Boolit Buddy

Question about 870 stocks

I just received 20 stock sets that are 870P take offs. I have no idea what tondo with them. I noticed that two of the fore ends are about an inch and a half longer than the rest. They are checkered instead of ribbed. Any one know what they are?

Boolit Buddy
    I think I figured it out. The checkered longer ones are basic commercial sets. The short ribbed ones are LE versions. Sound right?

In Remembrance

Any 870 that rode with me as a LEO had a ribbed fore end for better grip. Checkered is surely a civilian model.Robert

Boolit Master
    Well if you have two nice sets no cracks and even with the hard rock old style buttpads send me a PM as I'd like a set or two. See part of your problem is already solved. I stuck one of the police turn in shotguns next to my 12 guage deermaster in the safe. All these years never noticed the difference in length of the forends. All are rem 870's. Funny thing is one turn in has a 18" bbl and the other is a 20"bbl. And all have cylinder bore barrels. Frank

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Twenty sets of Rem 870 police stocks??? Wonder if they did like me and went to the Magpul ???
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    We ask not your counsels or arms.
    Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

Boolit Master
    How is the recoil with the magpul stocks?. Frank

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    Probably the same as the Police stocks you have! The only thing better with the Magpul is the "ergos" for a tall guy such as myself! The stock has adjusting plates that can be used to lengthen or shorten the stock. The forend has tabs built in fore and aft to help keep your hand where it needs to be to do the shucking!

When I built my 870 I tried to keep it unclutered as possible but still have the things I felt I needed.
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace.
    May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” -Samuel Adams
    Janet Reno, killed more children at Waco, with Bill Clinton's permission, than Adam Lanza killed, at Sandy Hook.

The take-off 870P stocks sound like a nice catch.

When a close friend went on an exotic South-East Asian vacation about 40 years ago, he obtained (against regulations) an M-870, which he promptly chopped off the bbl at the front of the magazine tube cap, along with half of the buttstock, then attached the sling off an M-1 to it.

He said it saved his butt, more than once, using buckshot loads.

AFAIK, he passed it onto someone else, a year later, when his vacation was over.

Boolit Master
    Hi,
    I think the shotgun was popular in the bush and knew guys that told me they used them. The Browning A5 was popular to cut down as it was recoil operated and reliable!