Load DataSnyders JerkyTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
WidenersInline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Tired of getting your game cams stolen?

Steel boxes and cable locks certainly don't work! The manufacturers should place passwords on game cameras to prevent the thieves from using them. A GPS tracker would also work. I personally WILL NOT ever buy another game cam again until they have a feature that prevents theft! I've lost too many. Having the photos was nice but, I can find deer without them.

Boolit Master
    Any property abaondoned on public land is just that. No thievery and I for one hate trail cams on public land. I've seen plenty put up at trailheads with the sole purpose of seeing who else is around. Thats a violation of privacy and deserves a bullet to the cam.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle333 View Post
    I want one that transmits the pics to a remote hidden unit, and then if/when a thief takes the camera part, I would.... um.. alert the proper authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by NVScouter View Post
    Any property abaondoned on public land is just that. No thievery and I for one hate trail cams on public land. I've seen plenty put up at trailheads with the sole purpose of seeing who else is around. Thats a violation of privacy and deserves a bullet to the cam.
    For one, it's on public land so there goes your privacy argument.
    2. It's a trail cam. You have to leave it out in the woods 'abandoned' for it to work, Einstein.

I camo'd my cams to protect it from people like you.

If I actively caught someone jacking with my cams, ain't no talking involved. I'ma leave them leaking on the forest floor.

It's simple. Don't jack with people stuff. It's not yours. Don't want ur jaw broken, then leave peoples gear alone.

They aren't legal in Montana or I would have them up on my property. I have a friend in Oregon that made a steel box for them to go in that lag bolts internally to the tree, or can use a chain. It has the lock up inside it like a timber gate so you can't get at it with a bolt cutters. The boxes were then camo painted. The only way to get it off the tree is with a sledge hammer.

I think he still makes and sells them, do you guys want me to get the info from him and post it here if he is still making them?
    Neither a borrower nor a lender be;
    For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
    And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.
    This above all: to thine ownself be true

Boolit Master
    I dont scare easily and could care less how you intend to use this thing. If you want it on your property I dont tresspass or jack with people's stuff. Spend more time in the wood and less tech to get your game. Thats the fun part Einstein.

Privacy is assumed and game cams are only really legal for privacy since taking pictures of people are incidental targets. IF you are intentionaly spying on trailheads you deserve what you get and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Trail View Post
    For one, it's on public land so there goes your privacy argument.
    2. It's a trail cam. You have to leave it out in the woods 'abandoned' for it to work, Einstein.

I camo'd my cams to protect it from people like you.

If I actively caught someone jacking with my cams, ain't no talking involved. I'ma leave them leaking on the forest floor.

It's simple. Don't jack with people stuff. It's not yours. Don't want ur jaw broken, then leave peoples gear alone.

I dont scare easily and could care less how you intend to use this thing. If you want it on your property I dont tresspass or jack with people's stuff. Spend more time in the wood and less tech to get your game. Thats the fun part Einstein.

Privacy is assumed and game cams are only really legal for privacy since taking pictures of people are incidental targets. IF you are intentionaly spying on trailheads you deserve what you get and more.
    If it's legal on public land where u hunt, then why mess with someone's stuff? Just becuz you don't like it? Buy ur own land and hunt it. And how do you know ppl are using them for spying on you? Oh, I get it, deer never walk trails that humans walk, so they must be spying on you.

Take off ur tin foil hat, brother, no one cares about you. You don't have antlers. Leave ppl stuff alone or run the risk of getting beat up.

Boolit Master
    If it's legal on public land where u hunt, then why mess with someone's stuff? Just becuz you don't like it? Buy ur own land and hunt it. And how do you know ppl are using them for spying on you? Oh, I get it, deer never walk trails that humans walk, so they must be spying on you.

Take off ur tin foil hat, brother, no one cares about you. You don't have antlers. Leave ppl stuff alone or run the risk of getting beat up.
    I have my own land, I also hunt lost of public lands. Why shouldnt I? I pay my taxes, vote, donate to Acess Yes, buy licesness. Out West its reasonable to think you can be left alone in the boonies. I can drive a long way then hike in and not see another person. If I do that person worked as hard as me to get there and 100% of the time I like that guy and will BS a bit and help em if I can. If this is so important to you why dont you get your own land to hunt on?

I dont think you understand what a trail head. G&F uses remote game cams here to monitor populations and preditors like wolves and grizzly bears. Nobody messes with those, they serve a purpose we all benifit from. Putting up cameras on public land in access areas is spying and one agency got in some trouble for it recently...no tin foil hat here. Its called the law.

Game cams are also not legal here in hunting season. They should be reported or removed and turned into G&F like any other violation. Abandoned property is also not protected, and can be treated like any other littereing. I've never seen that happen but there is no fine for removing abandoned property either.

Last bit for you. IF you feel that braging about wanting to murder somebody on a public forum, and threatening to beat up everybody will get you anywhere you are wrong. This forum has mostly civilized conversations and disagreements. Being an E-tough guy is a waste, will get you banned, and subject to monitoring like any other public domain. Acting like this in person will end with you in jail, or meeting somebody that might put you in the ground. Hunting isnt about killing the biggest buck 100% of the time, or being king macho hunter man. Maybe you need to look into what you're really getting out of it.

As far as brothers I have plenty. They earned that by standing with me in combat not BSing on the internet.

Tired of getting your game cams stolen?

I have my own land, I also hunt lost of public lands. Why shouldnt I? I pay my taxes, vote, donate to Acess Yes, buy licesness. Out West its reasonable to think you can be left alone in the boonies. I can drive a long way then hike in and not see another person. If I do that person worked as hard as me to get there and 100% of the time I like that guy and will BS a bit and help em if I can. If this is so important to you why dont you get your own land to hunt on?

I dont think you understand what a trail head. G&F uses remote game cams here to monitor populations and preditors like wolves and grizzly bears. Nobody messes with those, they serve a purpose we all benifit from. Putting up cameras on public land in access areas is spying and one agency got in some trouble for it recently...no tin foil hat here. Its called the law.

Game cams are also not legal here in hunting season. They should be reported or removed and turned into G&F like any other violation. Abandoned property is also not protected, and can be treated like any other littereing. I've never seen that happen but there is no fine for removing abandoned property either.

Last bit for you. IF you feel that braging about wanting to murder somebody on a public forum, and threatening to beat up everybody will get you anywhere you are wrong. This forum has mostly civilized conversations and disagreements. Being an E-tough guy is a waste, will get you banned, and subject to monitoring like any other public domain. Acting like this in person will end with you in jail, or meeting somebody that might put you in the ground. Hunting isnt about killing the biggest buck 100% of the time, or being king macho hunter man. Maybe you need to look into what you're really getting out of it.

As far as brothers I have plenty. They earned that by standing with me in combat not BSing on the internet.
    Murder? I don't believe I ever mentioned that. Let me check.....nope. Not one word. And I'm not bragging about nothing. If someone has the balls to steal someone stuff, then they run the chance of getting their face smashed in. I didn't threaten you or anybody on this thread. But please believe me when I say what ill do if I caught someone messing with my stuff.

I hate a thief worse than anything. How dare someone unlawfully take something that is t their's, stealing from a fellow hunter. That despicable in every way imaginable. I care how much taxes you pay, that still don't give you the right to steal or damage someone stuff.
    And you been to combat too? You're not the only on. Semper Fi. That has nothing to do with u stealing.

Ad if you are, you will get caught and I hope you get what's coming to ya.

No internet tuffguy here, just a guy who lives to hunt and hates people like you messing with someone's stuff.

Carry on.

Boolit Master on Heaven’s Range
    The last internet "tough guy" I remember here was going to "break both your legs if you said XXXXXXX to his face".. Nowadays it seems he spends most of his time on another site among people of similar mindset....... Onceabull
    "The Eagle is no flycatcher"

Boolit Master

Murder? I don't believe I ever mentioned that. Let me check.....nope. Not one word...... But please believe me when I say what ill do if I caught someone messing with my stuff.
    "If I actively caught someone jacking with my cams, ain't no talking involved. I'ma leave them leaking on the forest floor." Direct quote from your post above, and a reference to "leave them leaking on the forest floor" would take no leap of imagination from a jury that you had premeditated intent to shoot said person. Express lane to death row.....
    I can't stand thieves either, but making thinly veiled death threats on public forums is just as smart as slamming yer johnson in a door intentionally. JMHO tho.......
    An old Cherokee was teaching his grandson about life. "Inside me two wolves fight," he told the boy.
    "One is evil - he is anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity, resentment, lies, false pride, and ego. The other is good - he is joy, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, generosity, truth and faith. The same fight is inside you - and every other person, too."
    The grandson thought for a minute and asked,"Which wolf will win?"
    The old Cherokee replied, "The one you feed."

Boolit Master

Any property abandoned on public land is just that.
    So if I leave my truck off a fire road you'd consider it abandoned? Destroying other people's stuff no matter where you find is childish vandalism at best and malicious destruction at worst, not that the OP's response is any better.

Let me know where you guys hunt, I'll avoid both places.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

I wouldn't kill anyone of a game camera. Ain't that serious. But they have some explaining to do.

You guys taking it as death threats. That's fine if you see it that way. I was talking about knocking someone out.

This thread really took a wrong turn. That wasn't my intent.

I posted a topic on how to conceal your cams. This guy posts on how he objects to them and has the right to steal or destroy them simply because he pays taxes.

All I'm saying is someone like that deserves to have their butt handed to them if the get caught.

Boolit Master

This thread really took a wrong turn.
    That's for sure, and you're right that anyone destroying other people's stuff has some explaining to do.

Back on topic, thanks for the idea. I'll camo my camera up in hopes that thieves and vandals don't see it.

Someone asked why not hide them in a bush, and the answer is that too much vegetation plays hell with the motion sensor, flash, and resulting pics. Leaves in particular reflect the IR light back into the lens when it takes a picture.
    Most people would sooner die than think, in fact, they do so. -B. Russell

Very nice blood trail. I am pretty sure if I had a trail camera camo'd up like that I would think it was stolen as I would never find it again LOL. I had one once that I used in my back yard over feed to watch all the critters that passed through my yard. Finally I found my mother needed it worse than I did to find out what was tipping her bird feeders etc. It showed her that even on 1/2 acre with lots of neighbors that a lot of wildlife shows up at night

I hunt public land almost solely and wouldn't think of using a trail cam and worry if I leave a blind or stand over night or even to go to lunch. I hate thieves like most but best when sharing the free domain to leave it as you find it and tote your stuff with you.

I am a hunter by need and desire without looking for the biggest one out there. I do it the old fashion way without the cameras but will never fault anyone for using the tools available.

Either way both sides can get along and I still think it is great to see someone post info that has helped them as that is what makes this site great. Yep the thieves are scumbags but I hope none of us here would qualify as one. Now to find a new trail cam to decorate and hang out back to see what is around these days.....

I have wanted to get dressed up in a gorilla suit and go by a camera late at night. It would be great to see the person who owns it expression.
    Or get shot by the first person to ever bag a Bigfoot.

Any property abaondoned on public land is just that.
    What is your stance on trapping? That would be property that was "abandoned" in the woods, right?

I wouldn't kill anyone of a game camera. Ain't that serious. But they have some explaining to do.

You guys taking it as death threats. That's fine if you see it that way. I was talking about knocking someone out.
    That's what I thought you were talking about. Why do some people jump to the worst conclusion? We are talking about a catching a thief not a child molester.

Thanks for the idea BT

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Geraldo View Post
    So if I leave my truck off a fire road you'd consider it abandoned? Destroying other people's stuff no matter where you find is childish vandalism at best and malicious destruction at worst, not that the OP's response is any better.

Let me know where you guys hunt, I'll avoid both places.
    no that is a registered vehicle. Pulling at straws aren't we?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw View Post
    What is your stance on trapping? That would be property that was "abandoned" in the woods, right?

That's what I thought you were talking about. Why do some people jump to the worst conclusion? We are talking about a catching a thief not a child molester.

Thanks for the idea BT

Jerry Jr.
    well since it's illegal to tamper/remove legally placed traps I find this question silly at best.
    Last edited by NVScouter; 07-27-2014 at 09:58 PM.

Boolit Master

This thread really took a wrong turn. That wasn't my intent.

I posted a topic on how to conceal your cams. This guy posts on how he objects to them and has the right to steal or destroy them simply because he pays taxes.

All I'm saying is someone like that deserves to have their butt handed to them if the get caught.
    yeah sure. Because you leak on the forest floor from getting knocked out. You said it own it.

You admittitany posted this on many forums for personal fame and admiration. You claim you were the first and copied. While I like your camo job I still think this has nothing to do with hunting.

I've been getting the hay out of the property you say I should own the last few days so didn't reply. I could have been nastier but that is not the nature of this forum and wouldn't disrespect the other members by doing so. So I ask "What have you gotten out your trail cam, and how is it better than scouting?" I'm not baiting you, simply looking for your point of view.

On Heaven's Range

Regardless of the rights or wrongs of interfering with trail cameras owned by someone else, one thing is very plain to me.

Threatening physical violence to anyone, let alone actually USING physical violence against anyone, can be considered to be placing that person in fear of his life.

If the assaulted person assesses the risk in that manner, he is justified in resisting the assault, even to the degree of killing the assailant. Physical assaults, without actual weapons like knives or guns, kill huge numbers in this country every year, and therefore a person being assaulted is quite correct to consider the attack to be life-threatening.

If the person threatened is a hunter.... guess what he has in his possession?

The macho attitude of "I'm gonna knock him out/ leave him "leaking" on the ground" could easily leave the assailant DEAD.... and justifiably so, when we consider the number of people killed each year with hands and feet.

A game camera isn't worth anyone's life..... is it?
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast