WidenersRotoMetals2Inline FabricationLoad Data
Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: A Good Range Session,,,,,,

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge

A Good Range Session,,,,,,

Finally got myself out to the range to sight in a 23 inch Thompson Center .22 LR barrel bought here on the forum. It has been sitting in the case for a year now after mounting a BSA Sweet .22 6-18x40.

As I refuse to dip into what little Eley I have left I thought I would try some CCI Standard Velocity LR.

Got out to the range and set up at 25 yards to zero in and was pleased to see that my seat of the pants bore sight had gotten me within three inches of center, so I moved to 50 yards and corrected the scope and then settled down on shooting the ten spots.

Shooting was done with the forearm rested in an adjustable shooting rest and the toe of the stock on a sand bag.

Im not certain how well the target will show up, but the CCI shot very nicely
    I thought, with 6 shots within a quarter inch of center, and none outside the inch and thirteen sixteenths, all within an inch of center.

To finish I took nine quick shots holding the rifle normally with elbows resting on the bench, for an inch and three eights center to center group.

As health and twin grandsons have pretty much brought my outdoor activities to a screeching halt for some time, I can tell you it did me good to see this one shoot this well right off the bat.

I may just have to break into that stash of Eley after all,,,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Hmm, either my marksmanship I so good
    I have left everyone speechless, or my shooting is so bad that everyone is afraid to tell me,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy

very nice. Hope you get more trigger time. Im having trouble responding, typed it 3x, wouldnt take it, not sure why

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Hmm, either my marksmanship I so good
    I have left everyone speechless, or my shooting is so bad that everyone is afraid to tell me,,,,,
    I would say neither of the above. Probably as good as can be expected with the ammo you tried, 9 shot group, why not shoot one more shot and make it 10. Nothing to write home about but not horrible. Hope you got to shoot more than just half a box of ammo, short day at the range. It is nice to get out even if for only a bit.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Bub
    nice grouping, glad you had a good time