Load DataTitan ReloadingRepackboxLee Precision
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyReloading EverythingWideners
RotoMetals2 MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NOE 360-365 280 Gr for the 35 Whelen ?

Boolit Master
    So far I have been very satisfied with the NOE spire point designs.
    I do not try to get Pinpoint accuracy out of a cast boolit.

I just like to test the aerodynamic efficiency with the longer taper, for longer range shooting.
    And like you said, check your freebore, and seat the SP out as far as you can for better accuracy.

Banned

I'm late to the party as usual.

I'd get the 358365 but with a HP option. That way you can get this PLUS a solid meplat instead of the HP too.

Banned

oh yea, IMR4350 or IMR4895 would be my go to powders.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 35 shooter View Post
    Took another look at the 360- 280gr. sp gc boolit. It does have some interesting measurements. I hadn't noticed the first part of the nose ahead of the band is .354", unless that's a misprint. If you count the taper from there to .350" which would still be land bearing, it doesn't leave as much tapered part to that sp nose as i first thought.
    I also noticed they didn't have many left.....hhhhmmmmmm. Might need to take another look at my throat measurements.

LOL, boolit's starting to grow on you a bit? I don't think I'd be interested in it as a hunting boolit but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun to play with.
    Hmmm...Blammer's got an interesting point too....pun intended.

What's the weight on the flat point version, Blammer?
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Master
    @ Blammer.
    You have your " Go Too " powders, But what kind of loads and Velocities are you shooting them at ?
    Plus, what lead mix would you use for the HP design.
    Since i will not be hunting with the SP design, I will be casting with Lino, and dont need any expansion capabilities for punching Paper and shooting AR-500 steel plates at 300 yards.

Boolit Grand Master

FWIW I like the IMR 4350 and 4064 as well, for some reason my rifle likes the H4350. Lino may be a bit hard but could work just fine, lino is getting harder to find every day. I use heat treated 50/50 pure lead/WW. Air cooled WW's was a bit soft but the HT 50/50 is tough enough for the velicities and the game.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Blammer's got the 35 cal. pics covered doesn't he? That would be an awesome looking boolit with flat point and hollow point option.

Boolit Grand Master

I wish Blammer and KirkD would give picture-takin' lessons.

Boolit Master
    If you know where to look, you can get the Antimony and Pure Tin to make your own Linotype or even Teracorp.
    I even just take 92-6-2 mix that I buy from a smelter, and add the proper ratio of additional Tin and Antimony to bring the hardness up to 20 to 22 BHN.
    I buy the 92-6-2 casting lead in 60 lb ingots, and I have a friend who lives near the smelting company, so he picks it up for me when I need some, and I drive down and pick it up when we go shooting by his house.
    Saves a lot on freight, even at $3.50 a gallon for Gas.

Boolit Mold
    I use that exact mold. I cast it with copper and high tin. it weighs 245 with gas check.

I use cci 200 primers and 56 grains of 4064. i have .5" freebore and I get 2400 fps from a 17" barrel. its true accuracy is not that great. i haven't spent a lot of time trying to develop an accurate load though.

Boolit Mold
    Quote Originally Posted by Blammer View Post
    I'm late to the party as usual.

I'd get the 358365 but with a HP option. That way you can get this PLUS a solid meplat instead of the HP too.

Sorry for bringing up the zombie thread, but did you send that 360365 mold off to get it converted to make HP rounds?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12