Load DataWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationLee PrecisionRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Titan Reloading Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guess I'm getting really old!

Boolit Master
    Northeastern part of Penn's Woods near Slocum Hollow.

Guess I'm getting really old!

What is it with this Powder coated **** stuff! Can't get into it ...Don't like it ! Like my hands & beard to smell of Ben's Red....like my fingers to feel greasy with Ben's Red! Like my wife to say I smell funny when getting into bed at night! ( yeah I'm old not much going on except stink) Maybe somebody should arrange a shoot off : Old guys with greasy lubes against young guys with "Pink " boolits!.............. who is in? Where does the lead: go down the bore or in the bore! Geeze Pink boolits!!!
    Last edited by JWFilips; 07-16-2014 at 06:13 AM.
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Boolit Master
    I am in. What are we shooting for speed or accuracy or both? Set the bar but not too low. How about best accuracy from a rifle at say not less than 2400 fps and from a hand gun at say half that 1200 fps. 10 shot groups rifles at 100 yards and hand guns at 50 yards.
    I will be shooting in the greasy section.

Boolit Master
    Heck Yeah! Bullshop: I knew you would be in the greasy section..... ( your boolits shoot one ragged hole on my charts & no residual PB! in the bore)
    " Associate with men of good quality, if you esteem your own reputation: for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " George Washington

Banned
    <------die hard greaser always will be.

Is my 14 inch dead stock 30-30 contender @ about 1900fps a handgun?

Boolit Master
    Jethro Tull "too old to rock & roll too young to die" If you understand that your in!
    Last edited by JWFilips; 07-16-2014 at 06:14 AM.

Boolit Grand Master
    I have the Hi-Tek coating, I like it for handgun use. Rifle always get grease. Always.
    I haven't decided if I will continue coating or go back to all grease.

Talking to Run the other day he mentioned he might try the Hi-Tek coating just to reduce oxidation of bullets in storage. Seems he thinks a 5 gallon bucket of a single bullet is just a start point.....
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by btroj View Post
    I have the Hi-Tek coating, I like it for handgun use. Rifle always get grease. Always.
    I haven't decided if I will continue coating or go back to all grease.

Talking to Run the other day he mentioned he might try the Hi-Tek coating just to reduce oxidation of bullets in storage. Seems he thinks a 5 gallon bucket of a single bullet is just a start point.....
    No not "Run" TOO Oh I'm old...... Time for bed ...but I will be wandering around the house at 4:30 am!

Boolit Grand Master
    He is considering it. Not as a lube but an anti-oxidation coating for long term bulk storage of bullets.

I probably will get banned for "outing" him
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Master
    I grew up watching the Lone Ranger on TV. It was one of my favorite TV shows. I guess that's why I think all "bullets" should look like silver bullets, not like something an ex-wife would have drug home from a Mary Kay sales meeting.

Dave

Boolit Grand Master

Wow. My Pa always told me if I didn't like sumpin', don't use it and shut up about it! If you go to the Coatings and Alternatives section you'll read about accuracy, handling, cleanliness, etc., and there's some comparisons there too. I'm only 67 but I ain't afraid of sumpin' new and fer sure ain't stuck in 1969...
    My Anchor is holding fast!

Banned

It don't have to be one or the other.

Boolit Master
    Another greaser. I did he powder coating thing and had excellent results. Went back to lubing. I hated the whole process. To me it was messy, tedious and a general PITA. I'm glad it's working for other people and they'll get no condemnation from me.
    I wouldn't give you the time of day for it.

Boolit Master

Love the Red greasestuff that Ben makes no problems with nothing from pellet rifles to (yes I idd did say pellet) to the real bang-bangs
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master bedbugbilly's Avatar
    LOL

Jim . . . I'm with you . . . both as far as being old and as far as liking grease . . .

I will admit that I have looked at the PC from a distance . . . just out of curiosity . . . . not saying' anything is wrong with it . . . my wife tells me that I need to be more "open" to change . . . I just can't bring myself to shoot cartridges that look like lipstick . . . .

Boolit Grand Master

I'm going to stick with being a "greaser". Used Vaseline hair tonic to slick back my 1960's hair- do and my Lyman 450 lube/sizer has long been paid for so we will just keep on keepin on.

I don't care for the way them tecno-colored boolits look....it just ain't natural!
    Gary

Boolit Grand Master

At one time in our past, I can just hear the same discussion about, jackets, smokeless powder, and even rifling. Look at the current discord over zinc boolits.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    Jethro Tull "too old to rock & roll too young to die" If you understand that your in!
    Understood it with a young mans understanding when it was released, never thought I'd be living it out.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH View Post
    Understood it with a young mans understanding when it was released, never thought I'd be living it out.
    So True, So True!

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mold maker View Post
    Look at the current discord over zinc boolits.
    OHH! Geeze Zinc!!! I have been trying to keep that out of my boolits for years...... Don't tell me the young ones are putting it in!
    The world's gone mad!

Quote Originally Posted by JWFilips View Post
    OHH! Geeze Zinc!!! I have been trying to keep that out of my boolits for years...... Don't tell me the young ones are putting it in!
    The world's gone mad!
    I think you all should go with silver boolits.... Not that I'd ever shoot them but I'd love mining the berm after you go

Seriously though I'm enjoying the PC, and getting my Fiancé to shoot was a rarity. Now that her pink gun shoots pink boolits she goes much more often now. That is a huge win for PC in my book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast