RepackboxTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRotoMetals2
WidenersInline FabricationSnyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Load Data

Thread: BP data advice please

BP data advice please

It seems I've missplaced my bp data for my 45colt ruger vaquero, just as i thought i was tooled up to do it.
    I'm using a lee 200gr lee 1r boolit but cant remember how many cc's lee scoops or filler card/wad thickness.
    also I've heard rumors of the 30-30 and the 22hornet being originally bp cartridges if anybody knows what the data would be, I and I'm sure many others would like to know.
    thanks guys.

Boolit Master
    The 30-30 was not a BP cartridge but the case the as derive from a family of BP cartridges that include 32-40 and 38-55. The .22 hornet was not a BP cartridge but the case is the same as .22 WCF except for bore diameter and neck/throat.

In the 45 Colt 40gr. of fffg and .010 card or fiber wad get should you proper compression and good performance.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Buddy
    I use about 36 grains of 2F and a .06 veg wad for my 45 Colt loads. Have used 3F, and a lot more recoil, and to me, not fun to shoot. The original factory loads used 2F, but held a little more due to case head design.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlewolf View Post
    ... the 22hornet being originally bp cartridges if anybody knows what the data would be, I and I'm sure many others would like to know.
    thanks guys...
    This summer I am, once again, trying to work up a load for the 22 WCF. Originally it called for 13 grains of gunpowder and a 45 grain lead bullet. I am using 12 grains of 4f and a 45 grain boolit. The bug-a-boo is the lube. Not a lot of it on the boolit and loading a grease cookie is, perhaps, more fun than I want to try. Anyway, 12 -13 grains of powder is what is acceptable in the 22 WCF. At the end of these trials, I will post what I have found out.
    Knowledge I take to my grave is wasted.

I prefer to use cartridges born before I was.

Success doesn't make me happy, being happy is what allows me to be successful.