Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Titan ReloadingWidenersReloading EverythingSnyders Jerky
Load Data Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone ever shoot their Car or Truck?

Anyone ever shoot their Car or Truck?

Anyone???

I was about 8 years old (mid 1970's). My dad had a cousin who owned several 50's model Cadillac's with the big tail fins.

Dad, his cousin and me went out to the local dump to try out this new fangled rifle with a big fancy scope that dads cousin had just bought, we drove out in the caddy. As I remember the rifle was a Remington in 30-06.

Well my dads cousin was kind of squirmish about taking the first shot with his new rifle so he handed it to my dad, he leaned over the drivers side tail fin and took aim at some cans I set up at 20 yards or so. dad pulled the trigger and blew a nice hole clean through the passenger side tail fin on the caddy.

Dad handed the rifle back to his cousin and said "I think the scopes off" Dads cousin about fainted!

After that dads cousin always took the first shot!!

I sort did that with a 22LR on 64 belair shooting across the trunk and it creased the body work.
    took off the top paint but not the undercoat and made a ramp sort of.

Had a friend who got his rig painted and the paint showed unsmooth/ugly - he took it back to the body shop
    and they hadn't seen a problem before with it but set up a time to strip and repaint the hood.
    In the mean time he and I went out and he was shooting across the hood with his super blackhawk
    I pointed out the gases from the cylinder gap could be causing the problem -

But the worst I ever saw/heard about was two guys going out hunting and both shooting across the hood of the truck.
    One guy aiming one way the other aiming about 90 degree's - think X
    anyway they were both looking at their respective varmint and thru the scope didn't notice that one barrel
    was aimed at the other's barrel - the 22-250 blew a hole clean thru his buddies gun barrel sideways.
    I was there when his buddy came in to the gun shop looking for a new barrel
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Banned

I haven't shot any holes in a vehicle but I hope littlegirl sees this thread.
    I'd like to know how the powder burn got on the hood of my new truck...

Yup, laying across the hood of my Blazer. Blew a hole in the bug-guard. Caught a lot of flack for that one.
    R.M.

The tree of liberty must be watered periodically with the blood of tyrants and patriots alike..........Thomas Jefferson

Perma-Banned
    haven't yet. but I've had a few that tempted me pretty good.

Boolit Mold
    Yeah, I did. Hole in the hood of the '63 F250.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Few years back, deer slug hunting with a guy who was bad about leaving cross lock safety off because of being lefty. Blew a nice hole out the side of his jeep wrangler after laying the gun down across the back and throwing his hunting junk in on top of it.

Never did hunt with him after that,,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

I blew the antenae off my Dad's '68 Falcon as I hung out the window blasting a snow-shoe hare with a 12 gauge one Feb. night way back in the early '70s. Coat hanger worked from then on. JW

Boolit Master
    I had a 80 GMC pick up that had a hole inside the drivers door, going out. .45 ACP Winchester Sliver Tip. Blue flash @ night. Loud too...!

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    Muzzle blast. Put a nice V shaped scorch mark on the top of pickup cab. Was visible for years.

Saw a car once that the hood looked like someone had a stuck one of the old fashioned can opener into the hood and then pushed it across the hood to the far fender.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Banned
    Shot the left rear view mirror in the '72 Chevy PU while shooting whistle pigs. Not once but twice
    After the first mirror shot I couldn't see my hit looking through the scope soooooo I shot again, then realized what I just did.

Boolit Master

Years ago several guys at work had been on a hunting trip. They were laughing about something when they got back so I went to see what was up.

One of the guys had mounted as a trophy the only kill one of the others had shot- the antenna from his new truck!

Man.... do we really have to go there? Yea but I don't want to tell it.... When I was a kid a client and friend of my father's was at the office one day and I noticed what looked like a .22 cal. hole in the fender of his truck. I asked him if it was a bullet hole.... He said I ask too many questions....
    Experience is the source of all knowledge.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fatelk View Post
    Years ago several guys at work had been on a hunting trip. They were laughing about something when they got back so I went to see what was up.

One of the guys had mounted as a trophy the only kill one of the others had shot- the antenna from his new truck!
    That reminds me of the time I'd just shot a fox. I cut the tail off wrapped piece of wire on the base of the tail and put it on the antenna of the '72 Chevy PU. Went to a store got out had a look at the tail it was crawling with fleas. Wasn't in the store 4 minutes came out it was gone. Always wondered if anyone noticed the fleas.

Boolit Master
    I shattered the left mirror on my kenworth with the muzzle blast from a 30-06 once, shooting from the drivers seat.
    My wife shot a hole in the glove box door of the same truck with her 1911. Luckily, a plastic tub full of nuts, bolts, and screws stopped the bullet before it penetrated the firewall. She still has that boolit.
    When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
    They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
    But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
    And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

Boolit Buddy

My son was shooting an AR15 and had installed a new wicked looking flash hider. The flash hider partially broke while he was shooting and was deflecting the bullets away from the target. A deflected bullet went through a tire and wheel of my four wheeler before I could stop him.
    INFIDEL

Boolit Buddy
    I had no idea it was so popular to shoot guns in, at, or on vehicles. I've been missing all the fun shooting off-hand from the outside of the car!

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    I am sure the entire board would enjoy hearing this story
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Master
    I haven't shot any of my vehicles, but a buddy told me a story about a mutual buddy, that had borrowed his dad's truck. They were out in the country fooling around, and the buddy blew a hole through the roof of the truck with a .45 acp. They were both very surprised when the gun went off. I would have loved to see the Dad's reaction to finding the hole.

Boolit Buddy
    Not me, but one of the guys that worked for me came in very subdued one day. Definitely he was not himself. In the afternoon I asked one of his friends if anything was wrong and he related this story.

The guy and his girlfriend were having a heated argument. To punctuated his displeasure with her, he went outside and unloaded a magazine of hardball into the driver side door of his late model Cadillac ( which the girlfriend had been driving ). Girl called the sheriff who showed up and took statements from both people, looked at the car, etc. The sheriff explained that nothing was illegal; his car, not illegal to shoot out in the country, etc.

As the sheriff left, he turned to the guy and said "Nice group".

They broke up soon after,

WP
    NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor in Pistol, Advanced Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, PP In/Outside the Home, Metallic and Shotshell Reloading, Chief RSO

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast