Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersLee PrecisionInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Repackbox RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting to hate Gun Broker

Banned

Getting to hate Gun Broker

Trying to log on today, Can't get on.
    Tried to contact customer support, BUT you have to be logged on to do that.

They have NO phone support!

Try getting them to help change a password without losing all your feedback history...

After numerous attempts with customer service (it's just a name), the only way to do it is make a new username and start from scratch as a zero.

Helluva way to run a railroad!

That being said, I have had almost exclusively positive experiences with buyers and sellers there.
    A bear, however hard he tries, grows tubby without exercise.

Boolit Grand Master
    I used to win lots of things on gunbroker.
    Used to sell some too.
    One thing that I never liked is the 15 minute rule.
    To me you put in a bid, auction ends, you win if your's is the higest, you lose if not.
    I've missed out on a few buys because of this stupid rule. I've never player the game by bidding higher.

Boolit Buddy
    This rule is great for the seller crappy for the buyer. It all depends on which side of the sale you are on. I have bought and sold a number of things on Gunbroker and have been very pleased with the way things have been for me on there over the last 6 years or so.

I do agree that when it comes to buying on any auction site. I place my max bid first time and if someone wants it more than I do, they can have it. As a seller though, there is nothing I love more than people that can not let go and feel determined to out bid each other. They are my favorites, god love 'em.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Banned
    Was able to email them by way of advertising email.
    They sent me a message to read the support issue, Problem is, I CAN'T LOGON!
    BUT you have to be logged on to READ SUPPORT ISSUES....................

Boolit Master
    why don't you let one of us buy it for you, and then when the obammers what to know what we are doing breaking the law, we can say "lost the email, don't know what you are talking about willis."
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

In Remembrance

GB isnt my favorite either.
    I never get notifications which has led to a host of problems like no notice of when i won an auction. so i got suspended. then many years later, I get suspended for lack of activity. OK, so i dont use it much so i dont really miss it.
    But it is the only place to get Hornady Critical Defense 22 Magnum right now.
    Eh, just saying...
    C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Banned

Nothing but good with my 10 Gun Broker deals. Sorry for your trouble. I would write them via priority mail with your email address and problem/complaint.

If you have any questions about our privacy statement, the practices of this site, or your dealings with this Web site, you can contact us at the following address.
    GunBroker.com, LLC
    PO Box 2511
    Kennesaw, GA 30156

Boolit Master
    I have done business with gunbroker in the past, and the ONE time I had an issue with a seller gunbroker dragged it's feet so long that the issue eventually got solved on the side. IE I found out where the seller's shop was (just over the boarder in Louisiana from me) drove there and had a nice "discussion" with him about the product I had bought and hadn't been delivered. He had a store full of customers who were pretty keen to see what he would do so he coughed up the pistol and we parted amicably. With a little warning on what might happen if he ran into the wrong sort of customer with that kind of "honest mistake". That was almost five years ago. So far gunbroker support still hasn't closed or resolved the "issue" yet. that was my LAST purchase through them. I still look and drool, but I just won't risk business with them anymore. I would rather just work with my local shops and try to get what I need/want that way.

GoodOlBoy
    Yes I can be long winded. Yes I follow rabbit trails. Yes I admit when I am wrong. Your mileage may vary.

Keep your powder dry. Watch yer Top knot.

"Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition!"

Yes there were "Short" 45 Colts! http://www.leverguns.com/articles/taylor/45_short_colt.htm

Boolit Master
    I had a gunbroker account about five years ago. I'm a pilot and would log onto my account at various airports public computers while waiting to fly. It didn't take long before gunbroker started sending me bills for everyone and their brother. It turns out that they assume that if someone else logs on with the same computer you used, that you must be the same person. I tried a few times to get it straightened out but it was obvious that I was just banging my head against the wall. They lost me as a customer at that point, but five years later they are still sending me bills.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Grand Master

I have 76 A+ feedbacks on GB and probably double the amount of actual purchases. Not a single problem or issue. I did purchase a couple of guns for cowboy action to cut the barrels and shoot the heck out of. When they came they were way nicer than the pics made them look. Too nice to cut for SASS guns so I did have to find a couple of rats for my cowboy guns.

For selling I go through a friend’s FFL on GB. Close to a hundred sales without issue except for the three MO’s the PO lost.

Boolit Grand Master

Great place for research but never bothered to register. I've run into too many phone/credit card/internet scams to be comfortable buying or selling a gun this way. JMHO of course.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Boolit Grand Master

support@gunbroker.com

https://www.gunbroker.com/User/ForgotPassword.aspx

Enter your email address below, then click the 'Submit' button. If you enter an email address, it must match one of the email addresses currently on record for your account.

Our system will send you instructions via email. Most users will receive this information within 5-15 minutes. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder or contact us at: support@gunbroker.com for more help.
    Last edited by M-Tecs; 07-14-2014 at 10:53 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Tecs View Post

support@gunbroker.com

https://www.gunbroker.com/User/ForgotPassword.aspx

Enter your email address below, then click the 'Submit' button. If you enter an email address, it must match one of the email addresses currently on record for your account.

Our system will send you instructions via email. Most users will receive this information within 5-15 minutes. If you do not receive an email, please check your spam folder or contact us at: support@gunbroker.com for more help.
    I have reset my password 3 times, none have worked.
    I did get a email that they were trying to get hold of me. I hit reply added my email and phone#.
    They have yet to get ahold of me.

I too have quite a few thoroughly enjoyed deals on GB. The one time someone sold me a piece of junk I found out that they don't protect the buyer at all - zero, nada, nuthin'. No customer service either. But they do love to treat you as if you were a sex offender or some other piece of dirt.
    We need somebody/something to keep the government (cops and bureaucrats too) HONEST (by non government oversight).

Every "freedom" (latitude) given to government is a loophole in the rule of law. Every loophole in the rule of law is another hole in our freedom. When they even obey the law that is. Too often government seems to feel itself above the law.

We forgot to take out the trash in 2012, but 2016 was a charm! YESSS!

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by abunaitoo View Post
    I used to win lots of things on gunbroker.
    Used to sell some too.
    One thing that I never liked is the 15 minute rule.
    To me you put in a bid, auction ends, you win if your's is the higest, you lose if not.
    I've missed out on a few buys because of this stupid rule. I've never player the game by bidding higher.
    That's the same thing I don't like. Although, I have gotten some pretty good deals in the past.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Banned
    Finally got the issue resolved!

Boolit Master
    Think GB is bad, try Armslist. Apparently no moderation,
    any competitor, basement ninja, or whatever can flag your
    listing and get it removed. No accountability, no recourse
    but to start over & hope some other ____ doesn't zap
    your post.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by a.squibload View Post
    Think GB is bad, try Armslist. Apparently no moderation,
    any competitor, basement ninja, or whatever can flag your
    listing and get it removed. No accountability, no recourse
    but to start over & hope some other ____ doesn't zap
    your post.
    I have found a lot of scams on Armslist
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Had good and bad luck with GB. Great place to see current value in my endeavor to sell/buy firearms. I am considering listing some M1 Garands for sale on our site to see if there are folks out there that enjoy collecting/shooting these fine weapons.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]The meetings will continue until we find out why we can't get anything done around here. NRA Life Member, Illinois State Rifle Assoc., Chillicothe Sportsmans Club.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast