Lee PrecisionReloading EverythingSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Wideners Inline Fabrication

Thread: unknown scope?

Boolit Master

unknown scope?

I recently acquired a totally unmarked scope in a deal. Scope says 3 x 9 and that's all it says. Scope is in new, matte condition, and looks like an older Bushnell Trophy. Image is bright and clear, cross hairs seem rather heavy. Has anybody seen one of these? I don't know if it is a scope Bushnell makes for another distributor or if it is a Chinese copy. Just curious why it doesn't have who made it or where it was made, on it somewhere.

Boolit Mold
    My guess is Chinese. Though it is peculiar that it doesn't have any markings at all...

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    Just curious why it doesn't have who made it or where it was made, on it somewhere.
    A picture would help!
    Regards
    John

Some seem to throw out "Chinese" like it's an indicator of sub-standard quality but their quality is quite like ours, in that you get what you pay for. Their heavy industry is partnered with other countries and high end manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, Benneli, Ferretti, etc. Sany is slowly edging out Caterpillar in the haul equipment industry and we all see what Hyundai is doing. China is becoming the one to buy from in many markets.

Boolit Mold
    Never ment "Chinese" as an indicator of its quality, merely as its point of origin. China is like most places, you get what you pay for. They are capable of QC as good as anyones so long as you are willing to pay the premium it demands.

If it holds zero, and you like it, keep it. If not, get rid of it.

I had a couple of BSA Contenders that wouldn't hold zero. They weren't worth the postage and the nominal service charge to have them fixed or replaced at BSA's discretion. Bargains at the time, but its no bargain if one needs up replacing them within a year or so. They happen to be made in China.
    Uber7mm

Bambi: The great American hunting story as told through the eyes of the antagonist.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by FLHTC View Post
    Some seem to throw out "Chinese" like it's an indicator of sub-standard quality but their quality is quite like ours, in that you get what you pay for. Their heavy industry is partnered with other countries and high end manufacturers like Mercedes-Benz, Benneli, Ferretti, etc. Sany is slowly edging out Caterpillar in the haul equipment industry and we all see what Hyundai is doing. China is becoming the one to buy from in many markets.
    Hyundai is South Korean.

Boolit Buddy
    I bought 5 Matte Black scopes. Only markings were 3-9x32 in red on 3 and in white on two. Turns out they were made by Simmons for companies like Bass Pro And Cabellas. They are good scopes and hold zero on my 303 brit and 8MM. Ive also been running NCStar reflex sights on my AR for 3Gun. Cant beat it for 80 bucks. Never had a problem yet.