MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyLoad DataTitan Reloading
WidenersRotoMetals2Lee PrecisionInline Fabrication
Repackbox Reloading Everything

Thread: Question about a 50cal slug/wad combo in a 12 gauge

Boolit Buddy

Question about a 50cal slug/wad combo in a 12 gauge

I found a thread somewhere (maybe here?) about using a specific 12 gauge sabot and a 50 cal black powder slug. I thought I book marked it but cant find it now. It was a special wad desighned for smooth bore barrels that allowed the use of a cast 50 cal slug. Anyone have any ideas? And if anyone knows of a Brenneke style slug mold can you point me in that direction. Ive been reading here for hours and I think I am more lost than when I started.

Boolit Master

this is prolly what you remember. you'll have to contact him through facebook I believe.
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Sabot!/page19

Boolit Buddy
    That's it. I don't know if I want to buy from someone who was banned. Seems like bad karma

Banned

Ajay has given away far more than he has ever taken.

Anyone had any luck with loading sabots? I'm thinking about buying some sabot sleeves from BPI and using 500 SW boolits.

Boolit Master

Does anybody load sabots??!!! start here http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-Tester/page29 then take a look at this. http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...d-Sabot-target!!!

Boolit Buddy
    Too much info to absorb in one night. Still havent found what Im looking for though. Ill keep looking though

Shutterbug was very helpful at times, I will agree with that Jmortimer. Hey, if he has a product that interest you in YOUR concerns then why not multigunner76.
    May you hands be warmed on a frosty day.

Boolit Buddy
    That is a good point. I'll get in touch with him.

Boolit Master

AJay certainly kept things lively here and was a wealth of information for slugs and roundballs that inspired many of us to look at shotguns in a new way. He (and Ed Hubel) bankrolled their own research at considerable cost, yet were generous to us all sharing their load development. I have certainly noticed a big decline in interest in this forum in his absence. Many of the learned loaders I came to respect and rely on have drifted away. I won't name all the names but I sure miss their input and expertise. And somehow it seems that Ajay spurred them on, even when they were not entirely in agreement. In the moderators' defense I believe that Ajay's insistence (that I never quite understood) for a separate forum for slugs, perhaps toward the development of a commercial product, was a bit over the line. I really hope that amends can be made all round and restore the vitality of this exceptional forum. Thanks for reading, Hal

In Remembrance

I still follow Ajay here:
    http://slugshooting.accountsupport.c...ch_id=newposts

But there is not much activity there, and I think its becasue the enthusiasm here plus there are more individuals who have a seriousl WEALTH of knowledge here that can chime in, deepening the discussion and enriching us all; which leads to participation and more visibility for all of us.

I miss Ajay, but I do understand what happened. i got alot out of his posts, thats all I am saying.

C-
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

Dear multigunner if you had read some of Ajay's posts you would never commented on bad Karma. On the contrary the wealth of education from Ajay would be an asset to you. I am not knocking everyone else in this forum. Most certainly there are many people well educated on the subject and sharing their knowledge. I know Ajay has been missed in here.
    When Ajay said last year now is the time to stock up for Powder and Primers for the next two years before its too late, guess what, ever since he has been banned his post has gotten over 24,000 clicks, he must have done something worthwhile to earn that many clicks!

Boolit Master
    Ed and Ajay are pioneers no doubt. But there are many here that contribute. Research their work.........
    "It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees" Looking for an RCBS Ammomaster and H&R shotgun barrels regardless of condition