Load DataLee PrecisionRepackboxReloading Everything
Snyders JerkyInline FabricationRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Wideners Titan Reloading
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kids loading powder coated bullets; start em young!

In Remembrance

Kids loading powder coated bullets; start em young!

Thanks to the generosity of some forum members, I had a day getting some future 2nd ammendment supporters hooked on reloading. here are the pictures!

first, the set up.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1 the set up photo.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	110486

OK, I am cheap. i need a good mounted press. but these were easy and portable so they were perfect for this task. of course, i set up the dies etc ahead of time.
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

In Remembrance

And the some of the girls loading them.

Name:	2 loading photo.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	44.8 KB 
ID:	110487
    "...the civil libertarians and rationalists who are ever on the alert to oppose tyranny "failed to take into account man's almost infinite appetite for distractions." In 1984, Orwell added, people are controlled by inflicting pain. In Brave New World, they are controlled by inflicting pleasure. In short, Orwell feared that what we fear will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we desire will ruin us. This book is about the possibility that Huxley, not Orwell, was right.” -N.Postman

In Remembrance

First cartridge from each.

Name:	3 first cartridges photo.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	32.8 KB 
ID:	110488

In Remembrance

And the line up.

Name:	zz the bullets.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	110489

Thank you very sincerely all the generous forum members who made this possible!!
    C-

Boolit Buddy
    good work girls!

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    And it keeps em from handling lead! Excellent!
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Man
    Excellent work.

Boolit Buddy

Looks good!

Very Nice

Boolit Master
    What a crew !

Banned

I hope little girl doesn't see that purple one in the back.

Boolit Master

Those girls look like they're having fun! The best way to get their attention and teach them right! Great job! Glad to help!

Boolit Grand Master

Get them hooked young, good job!
    Charter Member #148

Boolit Master

That is really cool. Thanks for sharing. I normally only let my kids do the fun part, sorting brass. Lol! I'm hoping to get my oldest boy on the freechex. I can trick him by telling him it's the most complicated thing to do.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Frosted Boolits

Very nice!!! It's great to teach young kids how to work with their hands (besides playing video games or texting).
    My Feedback : http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...iscoyotehunter

An armed society is a polite society.

the BB knows

In Remembrance

They indeed thought it was cool. next pics will be them shooting their own ammo, and maybe some targets if they are up to spec.
    You all who made this happen: THANK YOU!
    C-

Boolit Bub
    Passing on the knowledge to the next generation. Brings a smile to my face. Well done cpileri. And well done to the girls as well!

Boolit Master
    Now they need matching nail polish.
    Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats. -- H.L. Mencken

The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.― H.L. Mencken

That's cool. A year or so ago when my grandkids were 3 and 5, I took my portable single-stage bench on a baby-sitting evening at their house. I taught them to resize/deprime a bunch of brass. We called it "squeezing metal" and they couldn't wait for their turn at the handle. Their dad is anxiously waiting for the time he thinks they can handle a .22 handgun, it'll be pretty soon.
    "The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." --H. L. Menchen

Just explain to them this is not the same stuff you powder your nose with.
    Carrying heat in dry heat.
    God bless SB1070

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast