Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2Titan ReloadingMidSouth Shooters Supply
Load DataWidenersInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Reloading Everything Repackbox
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NOE molds are expensive

Boolit Buddy

NOE molds are expensive

I received my 311414 yesterday. Had to run some with the NOE 135 .356 mold too. The molds aren't expensive because of how much they cost. By comparison they are more than reasonably priced. The problem is you start thinking how many mold you used to like need to be replaced with NOE equivalents! That's expensive!

Boolit Master

Works of art, aren't they?

Boolit Master

The good news is it really makes you think about what you 'need' and what you 'want.' I'll buy Lee molds to play with and if it is working out well I then buy a NOE equivalent. Or if there isn't an inexpensive mold available I really think through before I buy.
    Last edited by Bzcraig; 07-16-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same......." - Ronald Reagan

"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather, we should thank God that such men lived." - George Patton

The second amendment is a nail on which hangs a picture of freedom - member Alex 4x4 Tver, Russia

Yep! One noe calls for another and another and another, etc., etc., etc. Mine simply rain boolits when their up to temp!

Boolit Master

I have learned the hard way, buy one Noe or several "you name them" then buy the Noe. I'm smarter now, I just buy the Noe and save the expense and time of buying and cussing those others that just don't please me like the Noe's do...

Boolit Buddy
    I just got my first NOE mold 311414 and she casts amazing, now I've got 2 more on there way. So glad I do, no more "other type" molds.

Banned

A great mold is going to cost $100 to $150 depending on cavities etc, regardless of who makes it, so I would say great molds cost around $100 to $150 and NOE falls into that category and are a good value for the $$$ . The $20 to $40 Lee molds still have their place and are good enough, an excellent value. I have great molds and good molds.

Boolit Master
    Almost as bad as Internationals..............

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by NVScouter View Post
    Tractors, trucks or Both ?
    [SIZE=4][B]Selling Hi Quality Powdercoating Powder

I carry a Nuke50 because cleaning up the mess is Silly !!

http://www.bing.com/search?q=nuke50&...7ADE&FORM=QBLH

I am not crazy my mom had me tested

Theres a fine line between genius and crazy .. I'm that line
    and depending on the day I might just step over that line !!!

Boolit Grand Master
    I don't seem to have that problem. I only buy moulds with a Specific need in mind. Why replace other moulds that are still working fine?

I don't understand the desire to own a maximal number of moulds. I prefer to own a few that work well and ignore the rest.
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Scout800a View Post
    I received my 311414 yesterday. Had to run some with the NOE 135 .356 mold too. The molds aren't expensive because of how much they cost. By comparison they are more than reasonably priced. The problem is you start thinking how many mold you used to like need to be replaced with NOE equivalents! That's expensive!
    Wait until you get a Hensley & Gibbs jones. I started with mostly RCBS moulds but discovered H&G moulds....gee thanks Tom!
    Let's see....how many #51's do I have? 2 cavity gas check, 4 cavity plain base, 2 cavity dual hollow point (H&G original) and 4 cavity bevel base. Still looking for the 4 cavity gas check.
    Let's not even start on 9mm. or 44. How about that 10 cavity 380 (had to do 10 cavity because of the Mac 380 subgun). 45? I bought 2 old 4 cavity meehanite SAECO's and just can't give them up.
    So NOE seems downright reasonable!
    Collector and shooter of guns and other items that require a tax stamp, Lead and brass scrounger. Never too much brass, lead or components in inventory! Always looking to win beauty contests with my reloads.

But the next new one might shoot a bit better than the one you have now! You won't know until you buy it!

Boolit Master
    I have three 44 molds that cast almost the same boolit (one is an NOE).
    If money was no object I would have more motorcycles too.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by NVScouter View Post
    Yep, mine needs me to be working on that instead of molds

Boolit Grand Master

I have a problem doing "research" on the NOE site. Lots of good info there but I quite often find something I wasn't looking for. All kidding aside good tools aren't cheap and it's hard to find a better quality than the semi-custom moulds we have available to us here.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.

Bad as Lays Potato Chips!

After the first one, you just have to have another.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Boolit Grand Master

Just bought a NOE 454-255-RF, waiting on 4 MP molds and am looking at buying 2 more NOE molds next pay bonus.

I like having the variety and trying new molds out. Some are more accurate than others. Some feed better in my lever guns. Some are nostalgic. Etc. It's all about variety. Same with guns. I enjoy having my varmint guns, deer guns, plinking guns, etc. Life would be too boring if all I had was a 22, 30-06, 12 gauge, but I could get by with those if I HAD to.

Boolit Master

"My wife calls Swede, my mold pimp!" Lol! Buy American, thank you.

No offense to anyone, but I only have NOE and Lee molds, seems both fill my needs exactly. The more I buy, the more I want........lol!

HV
    Life's biggest tragedy is we get old too soon, and wise too late.

Boolit Buddy
    Well I just received my 311247 GC/PB, and my 311265 mold this evening, what a wonderful set of molds. I must have had everything right, pot was running 675, mold at temp and from the first pour nothing but pure joy. Only cast 12 of each mold as I didnt have much time, you know "honey do's) awaited, but these molds are a perfection. My 311247 PB/HP mold will be here friday, so I guess you know what I will be doing.. Just curious, I am running COWW and the plain base 247's water dropped at 240grns and the gas checked dropped at 239grs. Is this normal? I figure they will heavy up as they age a little while, well now to get my .310 dies and lube. This is addicting, is there a casting junkie hot line?

i looked at the noe site last night sure am glad he has the 5cav gc of the 311414 ive been trying to feed two 308s 2mosins and a #4mk1 with a single cav. ideal moldguess whats on my christmas list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast