WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
Load DataReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Lee Precision

Thread: H335?

Boolit Master SPRINGFIELDM141972's Avatar

H335?

Good Day All,

I found some H335 in 1 pound bags for sale for $8.00 a pound. Is this a fast, slow or medium burning powder. I figured for that price it is probably worth buying but I have never used it. What are the "normal" cartriages it is used for? There is 25 pounds altogether.

Thanks in advance for the input

Everett

Boolit Master

I use it in the 30-30, 7-30, 222, and the 223. It is a medium burner and it is my favorite with the previously mentioned cartridges. I have used many an 8-pound keg of the stuff for both cast and jacketed boolits. All was shot from a Contender Super 14” except for the 222. Wish I could find 25 pounds of it at $8/pound!!!BCB

Quote Originally Posted by SPRINGFIELDM141972 View Post
    Good Day All,

I found some H335 in 1 pound bags for sale for $8.00 a pound. Is this a fast, slow or medium burning powder. I figured for that price it is probably worth buying but I have never used it. What are the "normal" cartriages it is used for? There is 25 pounds altogether.

Thanks in advance for the input

Everett
    Think of it as Winchester 748.

Boolit Grand Master
    H-335 is a very versatile medium burn rate powder, and my "go to" for .308 Winchester and 22/250. Grab all you can get!
    You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore

Galena Guru

my 458 win mag or 458 lott go to powder ...
    Schamankungulo

Matt. 5:14-16

GMCS USN ret.

H335 is a very versitle rifle powder and $8/lb is about half the going price.

I have been using H335 for over 30 years in 30/06 Springfield, 30/30 Winchester, 308 Winchester, 7.7x58 Arisaka and 7x57 Mauser. While it works well in these calibers, there are other powders that provide slightly better performance. Since most of my targets are paper, tin cans and old appliances, it has been efficient for me to use one powder for many different loads. In the last year or two, however, H335 has risen in cost to the same price as better powders like H414 and BL-C (2).

Paul.

Boolit Master
    Springfield: from sw MO / sw LA. If I may be so bold as to guess that you work in sw LA . We may also know someone mutually who would get some for me!!!!! The best powder for my trusty 308 as well as a good un in my 223 and 7X57 !!!! MV

Boolit Master

I use it in my 30-30, 30-30AI, 32 Win Spl, 35 Rem, 356 Win, 375 Win, 444 Marlin, 45-70, and 450 Marlin!
    Michael

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Bags..................???? Paper or plastic. I would be concerned about the powder looseing moisture content if its in paper. That would change the burning rate somewhat.

Boolit Master SPRINGFIELDM141972's Avatar
    45 2.1

They are in wax paper bags, sealed at the top like a potato chip bag. They have been inside their original cardboard case covered with plastic until a month ago when the box was opened to sell the bags individually.

Regards,
    Everett

Boolit Buddy
    H335 is good stuff for the.222 and.223. It's around the same burning rate as WW 748 and BLC2. Load data varies; if it was properly stored and still smells good, by all means buy it. The last time I bought BLC2 I think I paid around $90 per 8# jug. H335 is supposed to be one of JB Hodgdon's favorites in the .223.
    If you want your children to follow in your footsteps, be careful where you walk.
    Beware the man that only owns one gun; he probably knows how to use it.
    Some things never change; others change more slowly.