Inline FabricationLee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad Data
Snyders JerkyRepackboxTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Wideners RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: 10 cents a round for .22LR

10 cents a round for .22LR

http://www.surplusammo.com/22-lr-arm...hv-700-rounds/

Was looking for .22 lr this morning to replace stocks and came across this deal.

500 rounds from Armscor 36 grain High Velocity Hollow Point ( Company is in Manilla) + 200 rounds of CCI Blazer RN HV.

10 cents a round. Just ordered 3 packages and shipping was 16$.

No limit until supply's are gone.

So here is your chance to restock at a reasonable price. No 90$ bricks, no fuss, no sweat.
    70$ plus shipping for 700 rounds. In my case x 3 so 210$ + shipping for 2100 rounds.

Kinda relieved to know it is coming, don't have to worry about it.

No connection with me to either company, just seemed like an honest deal.
    Thought I'd share with my brothers.

Boolit Grand Master

No offense, but at $0.10 a round, I'm gonna stick to shooting my revolvers that are loaded for way less than that. On the order of 4-7 cents each.

That being said, it is becoming more common place and seems to be easing up.

Boolit Master
    I can load 9mm for 5 or 6¢ each. If I wanna plink with a rifle, I can load cast in 223 for about the same. Less than 10¢ for sure.

Who would EVER thought 10¢ each for .22 rim fire would be a good deal.

Boolit Buddy
    I would not pay .10 a round for .22. You can get it from Trops, J&G and Palmetto for .10 a round. I recently saw it on the shelf in my LGS for .08. I will wait. I have enough .22 from before the bulls--t to keep the grandkids shooting for many years. I will just save it for them and shoot my cast reloads. I do understand however the elation in finding it at this price in comparison to the prices that everyone was originally gouging at.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

Boolit Master
    GhostHawk, thanks for the heads up, I'll pass it along to some friends looking.

Finding it and getting it at a price you like is what it's about. Those who are waiting for $15 bricks better not hold their breath.

When metals went up 5+ years ago a lot of people who would never be seen with a 22 went out and purchased one or more. CF rounds were hard to find and doubled in price, remember?

So when the 22 became very popular and the supply lessened it created the demand. Some folks have more cash than time and pay the dollars for it. Supply and demand, simple.

Now some CF reloading products are more available and can be had so CF is gonna become the rage again. In the northeast primers are back, powder is starting to. 22 will come back at a decent price but the truth is it won't be at the number we were used to paying a few years back.

That said I will not pay the numbers that some have paid or are asking. Not enhancing their portfolio, sorry. I've been looking locally and have paid about 6-7 cents a round for bulk or up to $.10 for boxed good quality from a known good manufacturer. That's a mouthful but there seems to be a lot of floor sweepings going into some companies bulk packaged products.

I've enough of my own, I've been acquiring a little here and there for friends, in general. Not all that I find, a box or brick every couple weeks. There's enough out there for everybody IF you don't buy it all. JMHO.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanWinchester View Post
    I can load 9mm for 5 or 6¢ each. If I wanna plink with a rifle, I can load cast in 223 for about the same. Less than 10¢ for sure.

Who would EVER thought 10¢ each for .22 rim fire would be a good deal.
    Surprise, loaded ammo is more expensive than reloads and my .22 is more accurate than my 9mm. If I was out of .22s I would pay 10 cents a piece.

Tim
    Words are weapons sharper than knives - INXS

The pen is mightier than the sword - Edward Bulwer-Lytton

The tongue is mightier than the blade - Euripides

Boolit Master
    Also, a dollar isn't worth a dollar, can't keep thinking that way. If it's affordable and you can use it/need it ........ It's not getting any cheaper.

Banned

I bought a .22 Hornet. Neck sized brass, a small pistol primer. 1.5 grains of Bullseye and Lyman #225438 sized to .225 and lubed in LLA will consistently group at 25 yards with all but the very best .22 LR rifles. Cost per round is way under 10 cents. I think I'll stick with this until prices become sensible again.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    I can reload almost ANYTHING I shoot for less than 10 cents. But.....22LR's are fun! I have a good store of them and those little guys, out of a long gun, are awsum!

Picked up 400 of them a couple weeks ago for 5.6 cents per round. That is not too bad.

And my 22 revolver is more accurate than my 9mm semi also!!!!!!!! Go figure. I just love revolvers and long guns. I am in heaven with my 45LC carbine in my hand and my 45LC 6 shooter on my side!!!!!!!

banger

Boolit Master

When they get back to $7-8 per 500-round brick, I'll think about it.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by NavyVet1959 View Post
    you'll be waiting a long time then, because they cant make 22lr ammo for that cost, much less sell it for that.

Boolit Master

Just got some Blazer which my 10/22 likes. 2.29 per box of 50 which I thought was reasonable.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dtknowles View Post
    Surprise, loaded ammo is more expensive than reloads and my .22 is more accurate than my 9mm. If I was out of .22s I would pay 10 cents a piece.

Tim
    Sure, but I've never had a .22 that was any mor accurate an my cz527 .223 - RCBS 55g boolit and a little green dot. One ragged hole all day.

Great thing about guns, they make so many different kinds. Everybody can find what they like.
    I didn't like .22's BEFORE they got expensive and hard to find ammo for so any argument I make is really one sided.

Boolit Buddy
    Hi,in my meager experience the words "Armscorp" and "accuracy" are not synonymous,this pertaining to .22LR.Dangit,must of had some shredded dictionary with my breakfast today.....Cheers,Mike

Quote Originally Posted by hardy View Post
    Hi,in my meager experience the words "Armscorp" and "accuracy" are not synonymous,
    My semi custom rolling block with a match chamber shoots this ammo really very well BUT my experience is a lot of misfires. The headstamp is 'T' and marketed here as High Impact or previously as Sterling. Buyer beware.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Good thinking.

Generous Donator

I saw some 525 rd packs for $45 at a gun show today. That is .0857 cents a round. He hadn't sold any by noon. Couldn't understand why. I explained as he had paid less than $25 for it that was too much profit margin and people were fed up with it being overpriced. Of course he didn't like my comment as I also said I wouldn't pay over $35 for them.

Boolit Grand Master In Remembrance
    I can reload almost ANYTHING I shoot for less than 10 cents. But.....22LR's are fun!
    Jim, yes 22LR's are fun. I reload mine at 4 cents a round with 4.5gr of Swiss Null B. Average 980 fps - accurate groups and no blow tubing or patching need for about a 100 round shot string
    Regards
    John

Boolit Grand Master

Will never happen. Raw material cost alone prevents this from happening. $20 a brick has been the norm for as long as I can remember. I'm obviously younger than most here. There is no way you will ever see $7-$8 unless the US dollar makes a ridiculous rebound.

Boolit Master

They have been plentiful at Gander and Bass Pro this week.
    5 to 8 cents depending on brand.

$7 to $8 per 500 round brick ? ? ?

I can't even remember that far back.
    First reload: .22 Hornet. 1956.
    More at: http://reloadingtips.com/

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the
    government take care of him better take a closer look at the American Indian."
    - Henry Ford

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast