MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision

Thread: Appreciaton post for cylinder throat work by 'Doug Guy'

Appreciaton post for cylinder throat work by 'Doug Guy'

This guy...

DougGuy

Boolit Master
    Join DateApr 2013Locationjust above Raleigh North CarolinaPosts1,249

Doug commented on a post I made a bout 45's and "li'l Gun" powder... in the exchange, cylinder dimensions came up since he does that service to folks.

I sent him 2 Ruger cylinders...one out of a brand new NMBH blue'd gun and one from a used SS 45 I picked up local shop.

They got there yesterday and he had them done and back out the door today!

I'm headed out mid week next week and was hoping they'd be back...which they hopefully will.

Big story is that the used SS 7.5" gun had issues. Someone tried to monkey with the gun before. My gunsmith who doesn't do revolver cylinder honing and stuff, noted that some frame screws were hogged up, and some crappy trigger work was done which he was easily able to reverse.

however, Doug found that one of my 6 cylinders has an actual HOLE at the throat... and had been badly done resulting in an oval chamber. He marked it for me so I can by pass that chamber.

I do mostly hunting with my 45 colt revolvers, so loading 5 like the old Colt will be no problem.

Such helpful exchange over load data, then he directed me to a great "group buy" on a sweet mold I will surely like, and then to be so expeditious as to have the cylinders arrive Wed and back out today!

Customer Service the way it was once!

Thanks, Doug!!! Anyone needing a good "reaming" should give Doug a shout

Got a .44 or .45 cylinder that needs reaming? Shoot me a PM or look up Cylinderhone.net on Facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cylin...56429174391912

Yep, me, too. I sent him a couple of cylinders for him to work his magic on, and they came back in less than a week, beautifully honed and polished.
    "Experience is a series of non-fatal mistakes"

Disarming is a mistake free people only get to make once...

Boolit Buddy

I, too, was a beneficiary of his expert advice. Sent a NMB 9mm cylinder to him because it wouldn't fully seat my 9mm cast - sized to .356. Autos handled them fine. Turns out I had my seating die and LFC die set 'a hair' too low and resultant lead 'pushed' over the case mouth just enough to prevent proper seating of round in cylinder. Doug found the problem immediately upon seeing my 'dummy' rounds sent with cylinder. He measured all cylinders and throats anyway and all came out perfect size for SAMMI. Had the cylinder back in the mail the next day. Tested 'revisited' rounds and problem solved! Two lessons learned - one - just because it works well in a semi doesn't mean it is right, even tho they cycled and grouped very well. Second - Doug guy is a straight shooter and if I ever need this kind of work (for real) he is the guy I'd go to. Thanks, again, Doug

Boolit Grand Master

He works on autos, too. Throated and crowned both my 45ACP's - and they feed my boolits reliably now, and shoot more accurately than I to boot.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

He has done two wheel gun cylinders and throated and crowned my 1911 barrel. Excellent work,reasonable price,and fast turn around.

Highly recommended!