Lee PrecisionMidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyRepackbox
Reloading EverythingLoad DataWidenersInline Fabrication
Titan Reloading RotoMetals2
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Clarification please. Castboolits........

Clarification please. Castboolits........

Has been sold? True or false?
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    No.....
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

Moderator Emeritus

No, 45Nut, Ken asked for the new owner to take over with no change of money or favors. No1 did not seek out or initiate this in any way. however Ken is no longer the owner.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Boolit Master
    I dont even see why its relevant anyway, a man can choose to do what he pleases with his business.

Banned

I think an announcement would have been in order. Many of us who support this site would have liked to have known about the change in real time, but it was no secret. If nothing else, a thank you to Ken and a welcome mat for No. 1. As to the terms of the deal that is not my/our business.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by 9w1911 View Post
    I dont even see why its relevant anyway, a man can choose to do what he pleases with his business.
    I think there has been some confusion, as there didn't seem to be any sort of announcement with information about a change...
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master

So this is how I find out that my bid for the site of a whole pile of live chickens is rejected? Oh man. The humanity.

Well congratulations No. 1. This is the best site for learning about casting. Number two is way down the ladder. Thanks Ken for keeping it this way.

Cat
    Cogito, ergo armatum sum.

(I think, therefore I'm armed.)

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Catshooter View Post
    So this is how I find out that my bid for the site of a whole pile of live chickens is rejected? Oh man. The humanity.

Well congratulations No. 1. This is the best site for learning about casting. Number two is way down the ladder. Thanks Ken for keeping it this way.

Cat
    I will take your chickens and up the ante 1 goat. Really,with the change at the helm I think we are still in good hands.

Boolit Master
    I noticed several weeks ago that 45Nut had relinquished responsibility for the site and was warned by one of the "old timers" that the new regime might have an agenda in place which included chasing the more experienced (and perhaps more crotchety) members away or off of the CB site. From an apparent lessening of posts by some of the "old guard" it seems that like most rumors, this one, although not provable beyond a shadow of a doubt, was apparently based on a grain of truth.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post
    I noticed several weeks ago that 45Nut had relinquished responsibility for the site and was warned by one of the "old timers" that the new regime might have an agenda in place which included chasing the more experienced (and perhaps more crotchety) members away or off of the CB site. From an apparent lessening of posts by some of the "old guard" it seems that like most rumors, this one, although not provable beyond a shadow of a doubt, was apparently based on a grain of truth.

smokeywolf
    Hogwash.
    If there were any apparent truth to this I would call a spade a spade, and I call hogwash.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master
    Tim,
    Although I have seen a noticeable decrease in posts from those I would refer to as "the old guard", I honestly hope the input I've received is wrong.

smokeywolf
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

Boolit Buddy

I'm not exactly "in the know" or a member of the inner circle around here, but I knew about the change in leadership a while ago. Might be because I spend a whole lot more time reading here than I do commenting, as evidenced by my low post count. The biggest change I've noticed is some of the moderators have changed, but I reckon that has happened before, and will happen again in the future, and some of the prolific posters have either moved on, gone dormant, or gone over.

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeywolf View Post

smokeywolf
    Quote Originally Posted by goodsteel View Post
    Hogwash.
    If there were any apparent truth to this I would call a spade a spade, and I call hogwash.
    Damage control at its finest............ Really guys, goodsteel is rather a young member here with little time under his belt. He does have access to a couple of the "old guard", but he hardly speaks for the rest of us in any manner. The transition is still going on and quite a few of use are just watching to see what goes on before deciding. It certainly doesn't help when old guard members say they're leaving then have banned appear under their handle or have a lot of second guessing going on from the mods in posts...... now does it.

Boolit Grand Master

You know, if you go and look at someones posts you can really get a feel for why they are here and if they are contributing to the site.
    You don't have to be a Mod to do this. Just click on their profile and you will see a tab: "find recent posts".
    If you scan back through their post history, you might find that some members who used to be huge contributors have devolved into something much less.
    Unfortunately, the rules are not bent for members who have been here for a long time. If your mission in life has become the desire to scrap with people in the Pit, or start fights in the main areas out of boredom, and you never seem to help anybody get on their feet casting, nor do you have the humility to listen and learn, then you might find that "all of Staff is against you" and "This place just doesn't have the same feel anymore" or you may even decide to fall on your sword in public in one last dramatic horrah.

Tell me, if this were your forum, would you have any respect for someone like that? Would their past contributions cut much ice when they act like that?
    Hmmmmmm.
    Cast boolits is like so many things in life, you get back what you put in. If you sow discord and hard feelings and arrogance, then you will reap the same.
    If you do your best to make people welcome and teach them, then you will be welcome, and you will find things to keep your mind working and excited about this sport.

I'm sorry to see people stomp off in a huff, and I wish that wouldn't happen. However, I don't blame the site.
    I can tell you that I have been in Staff under both 45Nut and NO.1 and I see no difference in how the membership is handled, except several changes to how the Pit is dealt with. If you never go in the Pit, you probably don't see much change.
    However, if the "Old Guard" spent a lot of time there, they might not appreciate the subtle change in how policy is being enforced. Sorry, the Pit is the Pit and the rules are clearly spelled out in the header.

Besides, I submit to you that we are not here to talk about political and religious issues (although it is nice to vent once in a while). We are here to advance the cast boolit sport, to help new casters get going in the right direction (in spite of YouTube) and to make sure that we bring as much to the table as the previous generations did.
    Are we succeeding? Not nearly as much as I would like. I don't think we will either unless we quit trying so hard to make our own voice heard, and spend more time listening to the ones teaching and learning.
    Last edited by MBTcustom; 07-09-2014 at 10:06 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

This should be fun to watch

Boolit Master
    Excuse me, I am a relative new-b here and just so that I can show the proper respect how can I identify an "OLD GUARD" ?
    Is it something that is voted on by members like the golden boolit award or is it self appointed? Are there minimum requirements to make the cut like on the swapping and selling forum or is it like available to anyone ? Do you like have to have lots of money to donate or like be really smart and articulate and post on lots of topics that have nothing to do with boolits? Becoming "OLD GUARD" seems so secretive like some secret sect that has to wear a silly hat at their meetings and through process has to weed out rifraf from becoming a member. Maybe it requires a divine spiritual gift or something sacred or you can never have the stuff? I don't know or cant understand but I have noticed that sometimes I agree with folks here and sometimes I don't and I don't see any connection with how long they have been a member or how many posts they have. I have also noticed that outside of CB dealing with folks some of which I have known for a long time and some I hardly know at all that sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't. Aint that something now, this sight is just like real life! I can stay and argue trivialities or I can drop out any time and go shooting. If I am remotely civil I can jump back in anytime and resume pushing my view, the right one on the general populous new and old guard.
    OK now that I have tapped out a few lines I have forgotten what the subject was but I guess it don't matter cuz I think about every thread I have followed has ended up the same way.
    OH yea so when can I get the distinctive "old guard" platinum boolit added to my avatar?

Boolit Master
    I come here to learn and hopefully teach!

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshop View Post
    Excuse me, I am a relative new-b here and just so that I can show the proper respect how can I identify an "OLD GUARD" ?
    Is it something that is voted on by members like the golden boolit award or is it self appointed? Are there minimum requirements to make the cut like on the swapping and selling forum or is it like available to anyone ? Do you like have to have lots of money to donate or like be really smart and articulate and post on lots of topics that have nothing to do with boolits? Becoming "OLD GUARD" seems so secretive like some secret sect that has to wear a silly hat at their meetings and through process has to weed out rifraf from becoming a member. Maybe it requires a divine spiritual gift or something sacred or you can never have the stuff? I don't know or cant understand but I have noticed that sometimes I agree with folks here and sometimes I don't and I don't see any connection with how long they have been a member or how many posts they have. I have also noticed that outside of CB dealing with folks some of which I have known for a long time and some I hardly know at all that sometimes I agree with them and sometimes I don't. Aint that something now, this sight is just like real life! I can stay and argue trivialities or I can drop out any time and go shooting. If I am remotely civil I can jump back in anytime and resume pushing my view, the right one on the general populous new and old guard.
    OK now that I have tapped out a few lines I have forgotten what the subject was but I guess it don't matter cuz I think about every thread I have followed has ended up the same way.
    OH yea so when can I get the distinctive "old guard" platinum boolit added to my avatar?
    Ive been trying to figure that out myself. Now im really worried because I rather considered you one of them (no offense).
    So if you don't know, I guess I never will!
    Last time I stared deeply into my groups, I found no enlightenment.

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    FYI,
    Just because someone has been here since day 1 or before, they have lots of posts, something in their background earns themselves special treatment, they are wrong. Everyone is treated fairly as long as they adhere to the Terms of Service that everyone has to agree to when they join.

If they cannot understand that egos and attitudes should be left at the door when entering here, they really should consider finding another place to frequent.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Cast Boolits Owner

The site was turned over to me so I could continue what Ken has started. There was no announcement made because it was determined that the site was about casting boolits not about ownership. There was no money exchanged, only a promise that I would continue to run the site in the manner Ken intended and ensure I find a suitable replacement for myself when it was time for me to move on. Like owning a fine gun, I am only the current custodian of this fine place.

We still allow Ken benefit auctions and all funds will continue to go to Ken. If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Robert
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast