Titan ReloadingReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
WidenersRotoMetals2Load DataSnyders Jerky
Inline Fabrication Lee Precision

Thread: BP Loads for Uberti New Army 1858 with Howell 45LC Conversion Cylinder

BP Loads for Uberti New Army 1858 with Howell 45LC Conversion Cylinder

OK, seeing as how I was the one who started the Lee Dipper Thread, I have another question for all you Gentleman out there; I reloaded a bunch of 45LC Cartridges using the Lee 1.9cc and 2.2cc dippers with FFFG, and 230gr RN lead bullets for my Ruger New BlackHawk, it shot great no issues what so ever just a bit more cleaning.

The question I now have is can I use the exact same loads in my Uberti 1858 New Army C&B Pistol using the Howell 45LC Conversion Cylinder? I have the 5 shot cylinder not the 6 shot version. I'm asking because I have been told by numerous experts that I have to used a reduced Cowboy load with the conversion cylinder.

Thanks
    All of us Retired Military have been labeled Domestic Terrorists by the idiots in charge, since when does believing and supporting the Constitution make you a Terrorist? It's time we got rid of the idiots running the ship! Unfortunately they are just waiting on us to storm the gates with Pitch Forks and Torches.

Boolit Master

I use the same load in mine. I have a Navy, but the New Army is a little stronger.Mine basically ended up a .45 Schofield. A tad shorter than an LC.

I had to use Schofield length brass and a 165 grain cast SWC and a 1.9 cc dipper of Pinacle BP Sub. just to get it close to point of aim in my Uberti 1858 Remington with R&D Cylinder.
    Listen! Do you hear it. The roar of cannons, the screams of the dying! Ahh! Music to my ears!

Boolit Master
    A BP load would pretty much be a cowboy load.