MidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan ReloadingWidenersInline Fabrication
Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingRotoMetals2Repackbox
Load Data Lee Precision
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Are USPS money orders good as cash?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by downzero View Post
    If you don't treat a USPS money order as good as cash, why even ask for one? Take a personal check if you don't regard a money order as legit tender.

I regard a USPS money order as good as cash. The post office does, too.
    The post office does too, unless they don't have enough cash in the till to cover it. Try to cash a $800 money order in a small town and see how far you get. I agree though, a personal check deposited until it clears is just as good as a money order you can't cash.
    I was a dog on a short chain.
    Now there's no chain.
    Jim Harrison

Boolit Master
    My local PO empties their drawers before 2:00, so to cash out a MO over $100 or so you need to get there before 1:30 or so.
    First thing in the morning and after the cash drop they cannot cash a larger MO.
    I don't deal with money orders much, but learned a lot about them a few weeks ago while selling off some brass.
    Probably should complain to the USPS, but probably wont bother, just wont take USPS money orders for large amounts, as I just can't cash them in town.

And they do cash back on debit purchases, so there have been some days where their drawers were drained because of that.

I used to think that a USPS money order was as good as cash, but it sure isn't for me in a small town. Now 30 miles from me I don't think I would have any problems in the larger towns.

Matt

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345