RotoMetals2Reloading EverythingSnyders JerkyWideners
Titan ReloadingRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyInline Fabrication
Load Data Lee Precision

Thread: early weatherby?

Boolit Master

early weatherby?

I recently acquired part of an early weatherby, I believe. It was apparently the F N Supreme action. I got the stock, complete trigger guard, bolt release and the complete bolt. I need a Mauser receiver to rebuild it. One thing I don't remember ever seeing is what was apparently a tang safety behind the rear action screw. The stock has a rather deep slot extending back from the tang. I didn't get a trigger with it so I don't know what it was. I'm wondering if anybody knows anything about this tang safety-trigger? I can fill the slot and use any trigger but I wonder what the original looked like and if the extra tang was part of the trigger or a separate piece. There was a front sight hood and a double folding leaf rear sight. Unless this was some kind of African model, I don't remember weatherby putting iron sights on his rifles. The stock is a nicely formed, more traditional shape and rather plain claro walnut. The recoil pad doesn't have a name on it, I know they used the Mauser action on some of the first ones and I am guessing this was one of the earliest ones. I did a little search for a Mauser receiver and they are not to be found.

In Remembrance

More than likely there are finger prints of Roy`s head European gunsmith Bob Kleingunther all over the parts you have.Robert

Boolit Master
    I wouls start a nice little search for a vz-24 rifle and your on your way, not original for the purest a beauty to you!
    Look twice, shoot once.