MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRotoMetals2
Load DataReloading EverythingInline FabricationRepackbox
Titan Reloading Snyders Jerky
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Craziest thing you have witnessed on the range.

What a read. Wow!
    just puttin' along

Boolit Grand Master in Remembrance

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    I just found the thread and was reading the posts, I do not take kindly to idiots with gun threatening the lives and safety of others, it is illegal and should be dealt with accordingly.
    Idiots with guns give anti gunners ammo to call for more restrictions and outright bans on private possession of firearms, pun intended.
    And if you are unable to handle a problem such as described with the perp confined to a wheel chair you have a larger mental problem than the perp.

Makes one wonder if there isn't more than one idiot.
    Lets make America GREAT again!
    Go, Go, Go, Go, Go Donald Trump

Keep your head on your shoulders
    Sit with your back to the wall
    Be ready to draw on a moments notice

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by jcwit View Post
    And if you are unable to handle a problem such as described with the perp confined to a wheel chair you have a larger mental problem than the perp.

I can handle a perp in a wheelchair with a gun the same as anybody else with a gun, he will determine the outcome , either leave on his own or he will be carried out, his choice,the wheelchair does not make him less of a deadly threat if he is armed and threatening life.
    This would make a great training senario!
    Last edited by deltaenterprizes; 08-04-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Boolit Grand Master

This thread is proof of some of the reasoning behind why the anti gunners want them to be banned. And it has nothing to do w/ threatening lives. It has to do w/ complete lack of situational awareness. The one about the little girl on the bench ahead of the firing line while others are still shooting is appalling. Lots of other stupid safety violations as well. Firearms are deadly tools and need to be treated as such. Not saying that they should be demonized. But a lot of respect is required when handling them.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    This thread is proof of some of the reasoning behind why the anti gunners want them to be banned. And it has nothing to do w/ threatening lives. It has to do w/ complete lack of situational awareness. The one about the little girl on the bench ahead of the firing line while others are still shooting is appalling. Lots of other stupid safety violations as well. Firearms are deadly tools and need to be treated as such. Not saying that they should be demonized. But a lot of respect is required when handling them.
    I teach Firearm Safety and familiarization to new and novice shooters. I use the fire analogy: with one missing of fuel, oxygen, heat, the fire cannot happen. So with a shooter and ammunition, ammunition and a gun, or a shooter and a gun only you cannot have an ND. Combine all three and fail to observe the safety rules is just like tossing gasoline on a burning trash pile--> you are GOING to get hurt, maybe dead.

So, Dragon813GT, respect and safety definitely need to be present when guns are around. I like the reference to situational awareness since folks often focus on the firearm and not the safety and folks around them.

DRNurse1

Education is one thing you can give away freely while suffering no personal loss and likely increasing one's own knowledge.

Properly vetted source information prevents GIGO, the scourge of the internet.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by DRNurse1 View Post
    I teach Firearm Safety and familiarization to new and novice shooters. I use the fire analogy: with one missing of fuel, oxygen, heat, the fire cannot happen. So with a shooter and ammunition, ammunition and a gun, or a shooter and a gun only you cannot have an ND. Combine all three and fail to observe the safety rules is just like tossing gasoline on a burning trash pile--> you are GOING to get hurt, maybe dead.

So, Dragon813GT, respect and safety definitely need to be present when guns are around. I like the reference to situational awareness since folks often focus on the firearm and not the safety and folks around them.
    I like your analogy! I am going to steal it!

Guns don't kill people bullets do !

Or possibly someone beating on a guy in a wheelchair. Disarm him and prosecute him.

Boolit Grand Master

I always set up on the far left bench at our club as this allows me to keep track of the others there also. I dont always watch but on hearing a car door or something out of the orfinary will do a "once over" the line. I am one of the few that use an OBI in my rifles when line is down or cold. Since I shoot mostly single shots it makes it easy to see the chamber is empty with out alot of handling or people with no idea checking my rifles. Most have fancy walnut on them and I dont need a do gooder knocking them over. The club uses a flag that goes down with first shooter and last shooter brings it back. I dont know how many times I heard clear and seen the flag going in front of the line before others have a chance to reply or clear rifles and make safe. I am also mobility challenged and have a couple friends that run targets out for me. I normally slide the stool I use back 1 foot or so is all. I also dont touch the rifle or face it. I made a bunch of OBIs from String trimmer line 8" long with part of it a knot to form a ball to hold see. Its a bright green. None have been used yet from the holder. The high power leauge does use the NRA flags and we push for them to be used but most ignore them. I have modified one of mine to stay in on even the roller and drop blocks. Saftey is important but its not just your firearm that can harm you any clown on the lines firearm is a threat if not handled properly. Also not just the ones on the line the guy in the parking lot "showing off his new firearm to buddies is just as much a threat.

Boolit Master

Or possibly someone beating on a guy in a wheelchair. Disarm him and prosecute him.
    Yes I am walking up to him and asking nicely he willing give you his gun and leave with his head bowed in shame.
    I will let you go first and call an ambulance and hope you make it in time and fully recover from your injuries.

Boolit Mold
    [QUOTE]sighting in "New" firearm w/scope at 100 yds ( two boxes of ammo gone before he asked for help/QUOTE]
    I met this guy two weeks ago. I got him on target stand at 50. Left him alone from there.
    I actually had a dude step forward of the line to go to his target while I was just about to squeeze off a round. He claims it was a cease fire but I and the RSO agreed the flag was out.

On Heaven's Range

Quote Originally Posted by country gent View Post
    I always set up on the far left bench at our club as this allows me to keep track of the others there also.

I dont always watch but on hearing a car door or something out of the orfinary will do a "once over" the line. I am one of the few that use an OBI in my rifles when line is down or cold.
    Since I shoot mostly single shots it makes it easy to see the chamber is empty with out alot of handling or people with no idea checking my rifles. Most have fancy walnut on them and I dont need a do gooder knocking them over.

The club uses a flag that goes down with first shooter and last shooter brings it back. I dont know how many times I heard clear and seen the flag going in front of the line before others have a chance to reply or clear rifles and make safe.

I am also mobility challenged and have a couple friends that run targets out for me. I normally slide the stool I use back 1 foot or so is all. I also dont touch the rifle or face it. I made a bunch of OBIs from String trimmer line 8" long with part of it a knot to form a ball to hold see. Its a bright green. None have been used yet from the holder.

The high power leauge does use the NRA flags and we push for them to be used but most ignore them. I have modified one of mine to stay in on even the roller and drop blocks.

Saftey is important but its not just your firearm that can harm you any clown on the lines firearm is a threat if not handled properly. Also not just the ones on the line the guy in the parking lot "showing off his new firearm to buddies is just as much a threat.

Paragraphs are our friends, ESPECIALLY for old buzzards like yours truly. Big, solid blocks of type are very difficult for me to read, and I usually just skip over them.

In this case, the post was worth the effort of reading it!
    Regards from BruceB in Nevada

"The .30'06 is never a mistake." - Colonel Townsend Whelen

Twice, two years in a row between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I found that someone had taken their dog to the range and put a bullet in its head, placed it in a box and left it there. First one was a Cocker Spaniel, second was a mixed breed, both about 30 pounds.
    I hauled both away and buried them.
    What the hell is someone thinking, that would do that?

Another time, a guy shows up at the range with a Winchester .30-30 that he had just bought for $75.00. Leaves his kids in the car while they hang out the window and yell at him. He can't get the gun to fire. I point out that he needs to hold the lever closed. He runs two magazines full through the gun, laughing maniacally after each round goes off, just firing into the berm. No target. I was glad he left.
    Last edited by John in WYO; 08-05-2014 at 01:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by deltaenterprizes View Post
    Yes I am walking up to him and asking nicely he willing give you his gun and leave with his head bowed in shame.
    I will let you go first and call an ambulance and hope you make it in time and fully recover from your injuries.
    Now you're just getting rediclous. Use a little common sense even tho we know it's in short supply these days.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brtelec View Post
    I watched a guy wrap his hand around the frame of his S&W 29 at the flash gap and pull the trigger. That was interesting.
    That had to hurt. 0_0

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge

Doesn't it get old being rude and picking fights?
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Master
    I been following this thread and being thankful for my own ability to shoot to 300 yards on my land but I do remeber when I first got into reloading being a member of a large private range back east my buddy shot a 5 shot groub and had about 8 or9 holes in it from someone else. Around 10 or 20 other fellas there shooting I always pulled my bolt when we walked to the targets.
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master

Now you're just getting rediclous. Use a little common sense even tho we know it's in short supply these days.
    Sir , I have been an LEO and and been doing firearms training for over 22 years, walking up to an unbalanced person with a firearm expecting him to play nice may be your last mistake.
    the wheelchair does not do anything but limit his mobility, does not stop him from being insane or a criminal or wanting to commit suicide by cop. People that misuse firearms and endanger people are criminal and need dealt with and this usually means using force, and is completely justified.
    i have personally dealt with a drug dealer with a van full of assault type weapons, don't let the wheelchair fool you, they may be playing on your sympathies and that will get you killed!
    jcwit how much law enforcement experience do you have beside watching " COPS" on TV?

First, I do not waste my time watching Cops on TV.

Second, just being a cop with however many years experience does not make a good cop, or for that matter a good person. Believe and act as you wish, allow me to do the same, if you can.

Check out the thread in the pit about a cop being sued.
    Last edited by jcwit; 08-05-2014 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Doesn't it get old being rude and picking fights?
    He's the one who brought up a month old reply from 10 pages back, so just who's "picking" on who?

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast