WidenersLoad DataReloading EverythingInline Fabrication
RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyMidSouth Shooters SupplyTitan Reloading
Repackbox Lee Precision
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: What's your dog worth to you

Boolit Grand Master
    Don't have a Dog, but my Cat is 13 this year.
    Knock on wood, she's still doing fine.
    We have, in the past with other pet, never hesitated to provide anything medical needed.
    Pets are a part of the family.
    Sometimes better that human family.

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by Coopaloop86 View Post
    My wife came home with a chihuahua because she thought that it was cute that it would fit in a little purse. She immediately began hating it because she had forgotten the fact that puppies require constant attention and work and house training. A year and a half later that little dog goes everywhere with me and sleeps in the bed with us. It amuses most people to see a 6'3" 280lb bearded guy with a 4 pound chihuahua in tow but I would lay down my life for that little dog in a blink. I named her Athena because she has the heart of a 400lb pit bull.
    This particular Chihuahua was bought by my wife when her best friend passed from ALS. I said “this is your dog, don’t ask me to feed it or take care of it”. Guess who’s dog it is? Along with the other three. I love them dearly.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master

Quote Originally Posted by joe leadslinger View Post
    Attachment 279222 This is my shadow and would be lost witout her. The amount I have paid in vet bills is small in comparision to what she has given me in return.
    Well put.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 500MAG View Post
    A few years ago, my wife wanted a chihuahua. We already had a bull dog and I told her that if she got that dog I wasn't even going to take it outside, it was all hers. Needless to say, it and the two others she got since then love me more than anyone. The first one just took a hold on my heart I don't know what I would do if something happened to her. Well, last week, she started getting ill. She was feverish and stopped eating. After work, I got worried, and rushed her to the animal hospital. Emergency surgery for pyometra $2100. My wife got upset with me and the whole argument started. When you know that surgery would save her what do you do?
    Money is meaningless in these circumstances you want whats best for your friend ,period
    we had a similar occurrence with our 4 year old lab his colon flipped,normally it's the stomach that gets torsion but in his case it was the rare colon torsion.We were told that surgery was the only option to save him and that the survival rate was around 4% we did it anyway and 5 grand later we have our beloved dog with us still.He is currently 11 and to the end of his days needs to eat a special diet for his digestion.The vet calls him the million dollar dog,we wouldn't have it any other way
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Boolit Master

We have a 13 yoa lab, pit, Basset mix. Sweetest animal you ever met. We have been spending a lot on him, lately, meds, vet visits, etc. Ok, I'm good with that. I love him and want him around as long as possible. Just love that old guy.
    One of my father's favorite statements: "If I say a chicken dips snuff, look under his wing for the snuffbox" How I was raised, who I am.

Boolit Master
    I've had dogs my whole life, even slept with them most of my life, but in the end they are animals. We have two at the moment and if one came down with cancer, we'd have the vet send him out instead of having him suffer because of our selfishness. My wife has always told me that farm people look at life differently, and look at pets as livestock, I guess she's rite in a way. Having grown up on a farm with livestock on the ground, we had dogs cause massive losses to hogs, sheep, goats, chickens, etc. I couldn't count how many dogs I've sent to where ever bad dogs go, no different than popping coyotes today! I'll never forget the dog advice my Grandfather told my years ago, "boy, if you shoot someone's dog, make sure only you and Jesus know about it, because people will kill you over a dog, and Jesus ain't talking!". Reading this thread and other dog threads reinforce his advice.

The original question was, what's your dog worth to you? He's worth more to you, than he is to me, so treat him that way! Protect him, keep him out of the street, off others property, and out of trouble.

There's a show titled, Fear Thy Neighbor, watch some episodes if you get a chance, you'll be amazed at how many neighbors kill each other over dogs!

Boolit Buddy
    What ever it takes, they are family members. Our baby girl 2 year old Pit mix (rescue) then, needed ACL surgery on her one leg after we got her
    4k later for that one, she had to have it on the other leg another 4k, therapy, and all that went with, call us crazy so be it. She is / was worth
    every penny, our pets come first what ever they need, they are our kids, we will do what ever is needed. We call her our 6 million dollar Pit.
    we got her a brother another Pit rescue have him for almost 5 months now. They are something. The backyard looks like a dog toy "boneyard"
    balls, Kongs, bones, etc.. when it snowed they would be out digging in the snow for them. But once again our babies, family members.Spoiled
    rotten, Marley, she sleeps in bed "under the blankets" Gherico comes back latter, tries to fit between everbody, I end up leaving as they all push
    me out of bed. Oh well....

-Rock
    Last edited by Rockzilla; 03-09-2021 at 01:09 PM.

Boolit Buddy
    For me, it's about quality of life. I'd spend any amount if it meant that my furry buddies would recover and return to a normal life.

I'd think twice about it, though, if I'd just be putting them through more pain and suffering...I wouldn't make them suffer simply to delay the pain of not having them around. That day is going to come regardless, and I love them enough to let them go when it's time.

Boolit Grand Master
    I love my Shepard and think more of it than I think of most people.

Boolit Master
    Close to da Creaux,Hang'n out in Swamp's and Bayou's
    Belle is the Lab 10 yrs old ,
    Evie is the terrier mix that we rescued 5 years old,
    Bootsie butt is the Longville trash cat I jumped a ditch and caught her @ less than a pound, She now weighs in @ 13 #s
    Can't upload picts for some reason?

Boolit Master

Last July my wife spent a grand on a 13 year old cat. I would have pulled the plug sooner, but you know the saying, If Mama ain't happy.........
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

You just don't put a price on Family.

My Blue Heeler Floyd and Aussie Shepherd/Heeler/coyote mix Pepper were being chased by the cows the other day.......it was hilarious.
    Just last fall we lost Buster- 60 lbs of Walmart parking lot puppy at 14 years old. He was a laid back lazy sleepy guy- probably why he lasted so long. I'm a dog person, I serve a couple of yard cats here but they won't be buried under the big pecan tree like our dogs are. They are family.

Sent from my SM-A716U using Tapatalk

Boolit Master

I've put more money than I care to admit into pets over the years. A cat that was diagnosed as diabetic at 1 year old, we got him through another 12 years after that. He was my wife and my first pet together after getting married, little bugger was stationed out in California with us and traveled in the back of the car to Wisconsin when I got out. Best road trip buddy ever!

Shortly after getting out we got a 3 year old rescue Shiba Inu. Everything from tooth abscess' to pancreatitis, and a special diet for 7+ years following that latter.

Our current dog is a 100lb Husky/Golden mix who is my kids constant companion. He's their watchdog and if they're outside and anything comes within a half mile of the house, he's on alert. And he's going ballistic if somebody is in the driveway until one of us greets them, then he is the biggest sweetheart in the world. I know there's a dollar amount we'd have to start weighing options with at some point, but it's gotta be pretty high up there. I'd put a dent in savings for that bugger.

Banned

My last dog (before the one i have now) got into the neighbors trash and swallowed a bear bottle cap that plugged his intestine. We payed 2200 bucks to have it taken out. I didnt bat an eyelash. there was not even discussion on it. I ended up selling one of my 475 linebaughs to pay for it. Would have sold every gun in the safe if needed. Would do it for the one we have now too. Its good to see so many here that agree with me. If you dont you have no business having a pet.

Recently adopted this 8 y.o. Beagle in November, a local breeder retired him from stud duty. He's the sweetest dog I've ever known, the perfect lap dog I've always wanted. Name's Snoopy.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201212_195518-2016x2688.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	279308

The black marks on his face are where he was bit by a rattlesnake when he was a wee lad.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201203_195313-2016x955.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	44.5 KB 
ID:	279309

Banned

got to love a beagle. Anyone who wouldnt fall in love with a beagle pup has no love in them. I grew up with at least 2 beagles in the family.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Smale View Post
    got to love a beagle. Anyone who wouldnt fall in love with a beagle pup has no love in them. I grew up with at least 2 beagles in the family.
    Agree! He's #3. I'd have a whole herd of 'em if I could.

What's your dog worth to you

They are worth more to me than most people I know!

a m e r i c a n p r a v d a

Be a Patriot . . . expose their lies!

“In a time of deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” G. Orwell

Boolit Master
    A farm kid here, not quite on the same wavelenght with most of the replies here. I will not need to get a pet for companionship, my dog, is my dog, and he earns his keep for 3 months of the year. I am not buying any dog that does't hunt, just don't need that....no need for any cats. Guess we are wired quite differently...and we won't ever quite understand the other. If my dog needs an excessively expensive treatment, I would consider many things, including the cost, the animal's age, chance of success and its abilities.....this crowd will say that is cold, I might think you are plum crazy. These are pets to me and not people, even though they think they are people.
    Take a kid to the range, you'll both be glad you did.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast