MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxWidenersLee Precision
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingReloading Everything
Load Data

Thread: BPCR Barrel, Where to find one??

BPCR Barrel, Where to find one??

Well after loading up all my 43 spanish brass for a shoot tomorrow. I have came to the conclusion that my roller needs a more practical chambering. So was looking around the net and am having NO luck finding a barrel blank! Looking for a 45 Cal (going 45-70) for a finished length of 32 inches. Octagon or a round barrel, figured I'd at least find a round one? Nope! Green mountain shows both but unavailable!! Any place I can look???? Action is a #1 Argentine military.

Perma-Banned
    Buffalo Arms has several listed. Track of the Wolf lists several but most show as out-of-stock. luck & have a good'en, bubba.

Boolit Grand Master

Most barrel makers have a back log and waiting list. At one time kroeger was 8 -10 weeks on some contours blanks. Check with douglas, krieger, pac nor, hart, and lilja all make very good barrels of competition quality. Some charge extra per inch for over 30" though. I have used all of the above on various rifles with very good results. Check websires but also call and talk to the makers as they can give alot of information on lead time, whats available, and diffrent forms.

Perm-Banned
    the oregon rifle barrel co can make you one up to 36 inches long to your specs. and when you give them specs that what you get right on the money. they dont charge a arm and a leg. i have two of theirs and they are cut well made and really shoot.

Boolit Master

I just ordered a 40 cal blank from CPA Rifles (half round), It was a Douglas XX Premium blank.

Since I already shoot a Shilo in 45-70, I decided to convert the Pedersolli to 40-65.

Changed out the 45-70 barrel on my Pedersolli because I felt was a bit too light (it had a creedmor barrel, now it has a heavier #3 contour).

If anybody is interested in a Pedersolli takeoff in 45-70 let me know...

Boolit Master
    I bought two octagons for a project, and only need one. It is at home, but if you pm me, I can give you most of the particulars, if you are interested
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Master

I have a new Badger barrel that was never used it's round and big it was made for heavy long range rifle if interested let me know.

RB

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rhbrink View Post
    I have a new Badger barrel that was never used it's round and big it was made for heavy long range rifle if interested let me know.

RB
    What cal. & twist?
    "Don't worry what they think. In the end it is not between them and you, it is between you and God."

Je suis Charlie!

"You won't know until you Actually try it"

"The impossible just takes longer."

"Don't let them beat you down with their inexperience."

"You'll never accomplish what you don't try. " - Moldmaker

Midway shows 45 caliber, 34 inch, 1.250" round blanks in stock now.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/414...ProductFinding

-Nobade

Vendor Sponsor

Listed as cut rifled
    Goes on to say it is button rifled
    In either case the price is right
    Chill Wills

Perm-Banned
    the truth is they are all good barrels and tackdrivers. i have both douglas and oregon rifle barrel co. barrels. they both drive tacks. ron smith out of canada made a gain twist 45/70 barrel for me and it drives tacks also. his are only 32 inches long but boy the inside looks like chrome. you want a boreing barrel. its boreing because it shoots in the same hole every time. love that kind of boreing.

Boolit Master
    Don't overlook green mountian
    NRA High Master XTC
    DR# 2125

Perm-Banned
    akajum, your right about green mountain. i did some work on a gun with a 45/70 green mountain barrel on it it was the smoothest bore ive seen out side of the canadian smith barrel. both barrels were like chrome in side them.

Boolit Master

I still have my Badger 45 X 18 inch twist 35 inches long 1.20 breech and 1.125 at the muzzle round.
    PM me if interested.

RB