WidenersLoad DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters Supply
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLee PrecisionRepackbox
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cast booilts group w/unknown boolit

OK people.
    Extracted head from a well known dark place after reading post by compass will and went to Lee site w/following epiffeny:

Boolit for 303 brit is correct advertised diameter and weight plus larger driving bands and nose. Hmmmm.... couldst it be? So found zip lock bag where good boolits were stored. Voila.... 185 gr cast measuring .313 driving bands and 303 nose. This may be da 303 brit boolit I have been shooting in a Remington 700 308 diameter. Good news is no over pressure signs.

Comments and thought processes are appreciated.

seabreeze

PS- In checking my original post, I noticed I had described boolit as 311 diameter. As mentioned above, it is .313 diameter. Weird.
    Last edited by seabreeze133; 07-17-2014 at 05:56 PM.
    What is important in life? Things....or Honor/ integrity/Service and Humility?

Boolit Master
    I'm NOT suprised...
    I have many Lee moulds and a lot of the .30cal offerings. I find the 155gr SemiPtd GC .310 which casts to .313 and sized to .311 is equally as accurate at the posters load. I too have used quite a bit of the SR4759 at the specified loading, hence I'm not suprised. My .22Hornet shoots a similar size group with the Lyman 22541 (predecessor to 225415) fngc at 49.5gr with SR4759.

I have the Lee .311" 170gr FNGC as well as the 200gr RNGC. Either shoot equally well over 35.5gr of H4895. My M1 "match" rifle shoots under 2" at 100yds with the 200gr RNGC at ~2,000fps and is amazingly smooth and reliable cycling. Like a "ballistic sewing machine"...

Too bad that SR4759 is being discontinued by Hodgdon. Perhaps after the current "dearth" of powders, they'll bring it back "again"... It was discontinued back in the late '70's and early '80's...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12