Snyders JerkyWidenersInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2 Lee Precision
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Junior Doughty

Boolit Buddy
    RIP Junior. I will really miss you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by 357maximum View Post
    TECH-IES...is there a way to make sure the Frugal Outdoorsman is saved for posterity????.......it deserves to be read by all...and his methods are gonna be more in "demand" in the future I think, plus it is just good reading.
    I agree (and I think that Junior would too...)

It might behoove the 'powers that be' on this forum to contact Junior's family about this... and perhaps put "The Frugal Outdoorsman" archives under the umbrella of this forum.

(Haven't they already done this with the Hensley & Gibbs website?)

God bless you, Junior... you will most definitely be missed.

Boolit Buddy
    I don't visit here as much as I used to... and to read of this just plain saddens me. Jr. was one of the good guys. He will be missed, his knowledge and info is still pertinent and important.
    Griff
    NRA Patron
    SASS Endowment/Life
    CMSA Life

Boolit Grand Master

I didn't know about it either as I didn't recognize the name and connect it with his login. Was in the middle of testing his bullets and loads for him in the 7.62x39. I will finish the test and post the results. So far he had a couple pretty good loads for the close range hog shooting he wanted to do with his SKS. R.I.P. Junior.

Larry Gibson

Wow this is quite a shocker, I have been away and out of contact. Junior was an amazing fellow and I considered him my friend in spite of our differences. Love his Frugal Outdoorsman website, and I made a few purchases of his unique products my favorite being his saddle-ring trapper sling which will have extra special meaning now. He invited me to fish and hunt on his homestead and I wish my finances allowed such a trip, it would have been unforgetable. Rest in peace my friend, aloha a hui hou.

Sad to hear of him passing. He seemed to be the voice of reason in most discussions here.
    Life's hard, even harder if your stupid.

In Remembrance

I just read of his passing. He will be missed here. I will cast some boolits with the mould I got from him a few yrears ago and use them on deer this season.

Boolit Master
    Cast Boolits has lost another valuable member of the family. I too differed in my political views from those of Junior, but he always stuck to his guns and supported his opinions with rational thought. His contributions to casting, reloading, shooting will be missed.

You won't be forgotten Junior
    A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the People to keep and bear arms *shall not be infringed*.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    - Thomas Jefferson

"While the people have property, arms in their hands, and only a spark of noble spirit, the most corrupt Congress must be mad to form any project of tyranny."
    - Rev. Nicholas Collin, Fayetteville Gazette (N.C.), October 12, 1789

I am just now finding this thread.

I, like many others didn't agree with Juniors politics. Usually, if you don't agree with another mans politcs but share many other things in common then it's best to just not discuss it. In the end, both parties wind up losing.

That being said, Junior was a good one for sure. He was always willing to pitch in and help a person through whatever issue they had. I learned a few things from the man and I'm grateful for his experience and sharing.

Rest in peace Junior.

Murphy
    If I should depart this life while defending those who cannot defend themselves, then I have died the most honorable of deaths. Marc R. Murphy '2006'.

Banned

RIP Junior you will be missed.

Andy

Our world just got a little darker as his light is now gone.
    Junior1942 - You Sir, brightened our world, and will leave a place that can never be filled in our community.

R.I.P. Junior
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Master
    Rest In Peace Junior.
    <
    You were a type of man that's growing ever more rare - a "redneck" good old boy with an education, a curious and active mind, wide-ranging knowledge and calm self confidence. I learned much from you. You were a consistent example of a proper gentleman's behavior on this board, and I suspect in all aspects of life.
    <
    Where you are now I pray there be good companions, cold beer, and great live music - and may all the automobiles vibrate at highway speeds because the roads are lined with lost wheel weights.
    <
    Uncle R.

Boolit Master

Another fine contributor to the site has left us. RIP Junior.

Edd
    Charter member Michigan liars club!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in Government." -- Thomas Jefferson

"Consider the clown(s) just one of God's little nettles in the woods, don't let it detract from the beauty. Sooner or latter you are going to run into the nettles regardless of how careful you are."

Beware of man who types much, but says nothing.

Boolit Master

Well,Junior and I did not agree on politics but he was a true Gentleman and outdoorsman. I bought some stuff from his online store and pm'ed a few times. Condolences to his family, Cast Boolits has lost another good one. Seems many of us are getting up there in age, never know when one's number is up. RIP Junior.
    10-x

NRA Endowment
    H.R.M.S.
    N.F.A.C.
    RVN Veteran
    VFW
    "The short memories of the American voters is what keeps our politicians in office"------Will Rogers

Boolit Master
    RIP Junior, I never met Junior but kept a constant watch on his websight because his writings always made me smile. Always ment to contact him and tell him so, my loss , I think we would have gotten along in a fine way. Hope the beer is cold and the music pure.

Boolit Master

SAD RIP JUNIOR, UNTIL next time my friend
    I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
    Paralyzed Veterans of America

Looking for a Hensly &Gibbs #258 any thing from a two cavity to a 10cavityI found a new one from a member here

Banned

Awe damn... just read this. What a great guy. I will miss him. Rest in peace JR.

Boolit Master
    I loved his projects. I don't know if anyone ever told him 'you can't do that.' If they did, he didn't listen, just went ahead and did it.
    Thanks for some great ideas, Junior.
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

Well, I missed this until today. Jr lived not far from me. I'm sorry to hear of his passing.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

I'm saddened by the news of his passing. I've only just learned of it. Rest In Peace, Junior. You will be missed.
    Rest In Peace My Son (01/06/1986 - 14/01/2014)

''Assume everything that moves is a human before identifying as otherwise''

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast