Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
Load DataRotoMetals2MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackbox
Titan Reloading Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Junior Doughty

Saddened to learn of Junior's passing. He was an interesting and very resourceful fellow whom I wish I'd met. RIP, Junior!

Banned
    WOW, that sucks...R.I.P Junior I was opposite his political beliefs too, but my F.I.L shares his views and we get along swimmingly....for the most part.

TECH-IES...is there a way to make sure the Frugal Outdoorsman is saved for posterity????.......it deserves to be read by all...and his methods are gonna be more in "demand" in the future I think, plus it is just good reading.

Boolit Grand Master
    My condolences to his family, he will be missed.

Jr. had several projects on his website that made you think "Wow, that makes sense."

Robert

I talked to his sister yesterday at the wake. She lived next door to him on their family property. Told me that Junior had been feeling fine, and had been to his cardiologist the week prior, got a clean bill of health. He was complaining a little bit about the arthritis in his knees, but was otherwise fine. Then, he fell over. They called an ambulance, got him to the hospital, but his heart had given-out, and it was over. Junior was healthy and happy right up till the moment that he wasn't. If you've got to go (and we all do), that's the way to do it.

TECH-IES...is there a way to make sure the Frugal Outdoorsman is saved for posterity????.......it deserves to be read by all...and his methods are gonna be more in "demand" in the future I think, plus it is just good reading.
    I also talked to his daughter. She's got all his usernames and passwords, and next week, she's going to start maintaining the websites and making sure that the domains still work. I know that he paid for his domains yearly, in April, so they won't go dark quickly. We've got about nine months before domain registration, and his daughter has the passwords to get it done.

Banned

Sorry to hear this, I always enjoyed his posts, lots of good information in them. Guys like that are such a wealth of knowledge and seem to be getting fewer and farther between quickly.

Boolit Master
    R.I.P. Junior--Shuz
    It's all chicken, even the beak!

We buried him this afternoon, with a wonderful tribute to his life. Family, friends and associates spoke lovingly about him and the way he touched the world from a single computer with dial-up internet access. (Yeah, he used dial-up till the last). Couple of local blues musicians showed up and provided live music during the funeral. It was a wonderful tribute to his life, and a good send-off for his family.

Boolit Master
    RIP Junior. You will be missed.
    Paul G.
    Once I was young, now I am old and in between went by way to fast.

The end move in politics is always to pick up a gun.
    -- R. Buckminster Fuller

Boolit Master
    Junior will be sorely missed ........ his insight and wit are evident in his writings and muses .........

RIP Junior

Three 44s

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawpaw View Post
    I also talked to his daughter. She's got all his usernames and passwords, and next week, she's going to start maintaining the websites and making sure that the domains still work. I know that he paid for his domains yearly, in April, so they won't go dark quickly. We've got about nine months before domain registration, and his daughter has the passwords to get it done.

Thank You...please tell his Daughter that a guy she don't know on the internet sends his condolences and thanks her for her efforts.

in Remebrance
    I was saddened first by the loss of one of us. Then it became more real when I read his bio and the other reference about his passion. Hadn't visited The Frugal Outdoorsman in a while but had really enjoyed it. He will be missed, and I am truly sorry that I never made the trip to Tullos to meet him, it's not that far. I think I would have liked to have known him. GW
    "If you can walk with crowds and keep your virtue,
    Or walk with Kings, nor lose the common touch,
    Yours is the earth and everything that's in it,
    And, which is more, you'll be a man my son!" R. Kipling

"Brother to a Prince, and fellow to a pauper, if found worthy." Kipling

Boolit Master

In the Heart of N Alabama smack dab along Tornado Alley.
    I didn't care at all for Junior's Politics, but dang if I didn't like Junior! We shared several PMs over the years & I even bought a few things from him. Smart man, smarter than most of us gave him credit for being. RIP Junior, you'll be missed!
    Democracy is two wolves and a
    lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting
    the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Moderator Emeritus

I just saw this. Goodbye Junior until we meet again. i enjoyed your posts and shooting articles.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

Quote Originally Posted by RayinNH View Post
    Sorry to hear of Junior's passing. I enjoyed reading his material and always learned something.
    http://castbullet.com/

His bio http://www.deltablues.net/bio.html

His passion and probably reason for why he thought the way he did. http://www.deltablues.net/
    I was stunned to read of his passing.
    Didn't like his politics, but enjoyed his other posts.
    Here's some more info from his other site: http://castbullet.com/junior.htm
    "Everyone has a plan, until they get punched in the face!" - Mike Tyson

"Don't let my fears become yours." - Me, talking to my children

That look on your face, when you shift into 6th gear, but it's not there.

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    It just hit me.

Will Junior's rifle with the screwdriver handle for a bolt get passed down to someone who will appreciate it?

I never got a chance to tell him how much I enjoyed his story about crawling through the thicket and finding the open spot, but at least I got to talk to him a fair bit.
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    Very sad news; he was only 10 years older than me. I was just looking at a PM where we were prioritizing things in our lives…like grandkids. We were never able to get together on one of my visits to New Orleans. Now I wish I'd scheduled things differently so I could have traveled north to see him. RIP, Junior1942. I think you had your head on straight.
    Plans and dreams are what we have until life gets in the way.

XNGH E Clampus Vitus, Platrix Chapter No. 2 "Credo Quia Absurdum"

Boolit Master
    Well I guess I am the last to learn of his passing. R I P Junior.. I enjoyed his posts and his web site.
    The problem in America today is, there are to many fools making to many rules that don't apply to themselves. Now just wait until the new pres. takes office and see what happens!!!!!

Vale Junior Doughty. Very sorry to hear. I had really enjoyed the frugaloutdoorsman and article like the heartattack rifle, $2 peep sight and campfire casting
    ars longa, vita brevis

Boolit Buddy
    I just read the news. I just ate some cathead biskets from one of Juniors recipes. I really enjoyed all of his writings, they took me back to a simpler life many years ago when i was a kid and stayed with my grandparents in Flora La. Sad day on this end. Rest in Peace Junior.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast