Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationWideners
RotoMetals2Load DataRepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Reloading Everything Titan Reloading
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Junior Doughty

Boolit Master
    Junior was a great person, you could tell it in his writings. I found his website years ago, about the same time I started reloading, and casting boolits, and I really enjoyed his how to articles, and I've made and used a lot of things he taught. He was a great story teller, that will be greatly missed around the camp fire, and on here. Ol' Mossy Horns is waiting on you! RIP Junior.

Boolit Master
    Thank you Junior, you made the world a better place. I will remember you.
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Boolit Master

I just saw this. Jr and Dennis has been a fountain of information for me and others that started their journey on casting and old calibers.
    Jerry
    I'll be needing that for squirrels and such.....

Boolit Buddy
    I have one of his innovative rifle slings.
    Didn't know him personally but he sounds like a solid citizen who was well thought of by all who knew him.
    Condolenses to his family.
    If he was a member of this forum he will live on in his posts.
    I don't know what his CB handle was.
    GOA Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pricedo View Post
    If he was a member of this forum he will live on in his posts.
    I don't know what his CB handle was.
    Here, on this forum, he was Junior1942.
    A link to his profile and a way to go back through what he posted here:

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/memb...201-Junior1942

What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.
    - Henry S. Haskins in “Meditations in Wall Street”

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end." ...Unknown

Boolit Master & Generous Contributor

I never met Junior although he only lived about 20 miles from me at one time. My wife knew him and my daughter knew his sister.
    My wife knew about everybody that had an animal, dog, Kat, cow, horse, snake, bird, etc. She worked for the Vet in Jena for 20+ years.
    My daughter knew his sister through the public school system. My daughter has been a fourth grade teacher for a number of years.
    Jr was an interesting fellow at best. We have had a few conversations here about casting & reloading. I had always planned on getting over to visit with him some day.

RIP Jr.
    If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.
    Samuel Adams

Sam

Boolit Master
    I haven't been on the board in some time, and am sorry to hear of this. I admired Junior's writings on his website and his spirit. RIP Junior, I looked up to you.
    Paul

Boolit Buddy

Man, I just recommended his "Junior Lube" to somebody on the forum today. I "met" Junior for the first time over on the H&R/NEF forum (which was discontinued years ago). He's really the one responsible for getting me interested in BPCR & reloading in general. A very interesting fellow, sad to hear of his passing.

Boolit Man

I just joined this board today, after years of quietly reading the many Castboolit forums, trying to absorb a little of the wealth of knowledge available here. So, I was sort thinking it was a good day, since I finally joined what I had previously enjoyed only as a visitor.

And then, months after the sad fact, I learned of Junior's death and a good day rapidly darkened. He was not just a source of firearms knowledge and woods lore, but was pure pleasure as a man of words. His writings on our forums here, and elsewhere on the net, were always interesting, usually right-on-the-money, and often worth a smile. I really wish I'd known him in person, rather than just through his letters, but I'm still grateful just for that.

I have no doubt Junior's pathway to the Pearly Gates was well lubed. It's my guess he slid easily through on a film of good ol' country lard -- mixed with a few other special ingredients.

Happy trails, Junior.

Boolit Mold
    I will really miss ole Junior. Bought stuff from him, read, and reread his articles too many times to remember. RIP man, you were great in my book.

Best,

casper_zip

i wondered why i haven't hear from him in a while , i too loved the articles he wrote , wish i had a collection of them ... my condolences to his family .... he is, and will be missed .
    To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.”
    ~George Mason

my feedback page:click and give me feedback here,below...

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show....php?p=1412368

A Belated Thank You...

My name is Kim Doughty-Ganey. I'm Junior's only child. I can't begin to put into words what everyone's kind words mean to me. I had attempted to read through these posts after Daddy died and simply couldn't make it through them. Yesterday marked the 11 month anniverserary of Daddy dying...I sat down today intent upon remembering him. I know that people sometimes feel that perhaps a quick blurb on a forum doesn't mean much, but today I can tell you that they meant the world to me. We never see our parents through the worlds' eyes...thank you for letting me in and letting me see him briefly through your memories.

I have continued to keep Daddy's website, castbullet.com active and plan to continue to do so. I make NO claims that I have a clue about reloading.....so I won't be updating the articles with my writings. I do plan to continue to offer the things he sold on the site. I find it comforting being surrounded by the screws and buttons and rivets...the labels in his handwriting make me smile as I fill the orders.

I have had issues with the deltablues.net site but am working on getting it back up and running as well.

Again, I want to thank each one of you who took the time to remember Daddy. He would have been touched.
    The Frugal Outdoorsman
    www.castbullet.com

Twitter: kimmiedg
    Facebook: Kimberly Doughty-Ganey

Dennis-
    I wanted to publicly thank you for sharing this information for me. Daddy dying was a bit overwhelming and I know that I would have never thought to let the people here know he had passed away.
    Thank you for the thought to do this and for your friendship.
    Kim
    The Frugal Outdoorsman
    www.castbullet.com

Twitter: kimmiedg
    Facebook: Kimberly Doughty-Ganey

Moderator Emeritus

Thank you for posting. As I am sure you know, your father was a man of strong opinions and he wasn't shy about sharing them. He also was not shy about sharing personal experiences which endeared him to many of us.
    [The Montana Gianni] Front sight and squeeze

No one misses their parent like their child, but you can be assured we all miss him as well. He always brought a unique view to whatever I had written about, and I miss that greatly.
    je suis charlie

It is better to live one day as a LION than a dozen days as a Sheep.

Thomas Jefferson Quotations:
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Boolit Buddy
    Kimmie, I'm glad you have your father's things to remember him by. I still visit his site from time to time. He will be missed by many.
    My own father passed away in 1973 and I still miss him.
    God Bless,

Boolit Master
    Thank You for the post and update. There is something Spiritual about so many remembering someone who was so good. May your days be filled with fond memories and May Junior be with God.

Dale

Boolit Buddy

Kim,
    In my humble opinion, your Dad was one of the most interesting personalities of the greater shooting/hunting community anywhere. I always enjoyed reading his comments although I must admit that, unlike others here, his political opinions totally escaped me...I don't know anything about that side of him.

When I come to this forum and look over the "unread posts" I skip most of them and then go in search of stuff specifically of interest to me. But today, when I saw your Dad's thread rise to the top again, I went right to it and read it through again. Thanks for showing up here to see us all....we miss your Dad, but not like you do. God bless you & your family.

Boolit Buddy

So sorry to hear that, condolences to the family and prayers for comfort and peace.
    Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Boolit Master

I was remembering an old friend here today so I went back and read some of Junior's articles. Those of us that didn't know him should make an effort to find and read all of Junior1942's stories and postings He was gone way too soon and a wealth of knowledge went with him, he was a simple man, a "good old boy" that made things work with what he had. His continues to be missed to this dan and for many more.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast