MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyInline FabricationRepackbox
RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionWidenersReloading Everything
Titan Reloading Load Data
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Junior Doughty

Junior Doughty

Junior Doughty, the long-time webmaster of Castbullet.com (and forum member here) has passed away.

I just got off the phone with Junior's daughter. Junior died at home, yesterday, of a heart attack. Junior was 10 years older than me, so he would have been 70 years old.

The world will be a less interesting place with Junior gone.

Visitation is Friday from 5-10 pm at Hixson Brother's in Jena, LA. Funeral will be Saturday.

RIP, Junior.

Sorry to hear that . I always enjoyed his posts and do it yourself way of doing things .

Junior was a decent fellow in my experience. He conducted himself well regardless of the way others here elected to treat. RIP Junior.
    Thermal underwear style guru.
    "Exclusive international distributor of Jeff Brown Hunt Club clothing."
    Supplier to the rich(?) and infamous.

Cheers from New Zealand

Jeff.

Boolit Grand Master
    Good bye Junior. May not have always agreed with him but he was always a gentleman and contributed much to this site.

we are diminished
    You will learn far more at the casting, loading, and shooting bench than you ever will at a computer bench.

Boolit Bub
    Condolences to his family. He was a good old boy in the best sense of the phrase. Made do with what was at hand. Godspeed.

Boolit Master

Had fun with Junior. Enjoyed his posts and his website. He will be missed. My condolences to the family.

Boolit Master
    I was born the same year as Junior. Way too early to die. He will be missed.

That is a shame. It was his website that got me going in casting, which led me to here. That is quite a bit of knowledge I gained from the efforts of one gentleman.
    Rest easy sir, you are on a new path now.

Boolit Master
    I liked his posts and his way of doing things. A good man that his family will miss. We didn't agree politically but I would still call him 'brother'. Sincere Prayers for him and his Family.

Dale

Moderator Emeritus / Trusted loob groove dealer

Somers, Montana, a quaint little drinking village,with a severe hunting and fishing problem.
    Aw, jeez, I really liked Jr. We didn't agree politically, but he was intelligent enough to argue his point, unlike most democrats. Once we got past politics, we had a lot in common, and he had a lot of interesting things to learn. I will miss him.
    The solid soft lead bullet is undoubtably the best and most satisfactory expanding bullet that has ever been designed. It invariably mushrooms perfectly, and never breaks up. With the metal base that is essential for velocities of 2000 f.s. and upwards to protect the naked base, these metal-based soft lead bullets are splendid.
    John Taylor - "African Rifles and Cartridges"

Forget everything you know about loading jacketed bullets. This is a whole new ball game!

any time we lose someone with real world knowledge, it becomes more apparent that somewhere that knowledge needs to be archived and never lost
    I hope that someone carries on in his stead.

he had a unique vision on shooting that I really enjoyed reading about.

it is the different approaches others take that make this site an excellent resource

Thank you Jr for adding to MY knowledge base and the hours of entertaining reading.
    I will miss your input.

rest now
    I am ONLY responsible for what I Say!
    I am NOT responsible for what You THINK I Said!
    ====
    If numbers killed I'd hunt with a Calculator!

In Remembrance

It was lightly raining here this morning, after reading of Juniors passing I realised the Heavens were quietly weeping about his passing. Rest easy old Son.Robert

Boolit Master
    I trully am saddened by his departure. He always was a unique individuall with his politics but I always enjoyed his input and reading the projects he accomplished. May God's peace be with the family and I am a richer person for encountering and reading your fathers input!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Master
    Sad News. I enjoyed his posts and just got a bag of screws from him about 6 weeks ago. RIP Junior. Every day is a gift for us for mature guys.

I am saddened by the news ,I always enjoyed his posts and as with a lot of veteran casters and do it yourselfers there was always something to learn .Not too much older than me ,so as said before me be thankful for each day and make the most of it .

Boolit Buddy
    Like many here, my politics are opposite of Junior's but he was always willing to debate rationally. Junior was a good man with a fine mind and I will miss him very much. My condolences to the family. Steve

Boolit Master
    I hope they have a range up there where he can shoot out of his bedroom window and places he can go to out in the woods and listen to his favorite music and drink beer while sitting next to the prettiest gal in the place. I enjoyed reading his posts too.
    Last edited by Newtire; 07-04-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Boolit Master

Sorry to hear of Junior's passing. I enjoyed reading his material and always learned something.
    http://castbullet.com/

His bio http://www.deltablues.net/bio.html

His passion and probably reason for why he thought the way he did. http://www.deltablues.net/
    Proud member in the basket of deplorables.

I've got the itch, but don't got the scratch.

Boolit Master
    This is the first I heard. I'm saddened to hear it. He was a big Blues fan, as I am too. I visited his website, and enjoyed his reports on the local 'joints' he enjoyed. He fought his way out of a severe health crisis in the past and was a strong and determined minded person. Yet when it is time, the Lord calls us home. I will miss him.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Boolit Master
    What Ric said (#10).
    It ain't rocket science, it's boolit science.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast