RotoMetals2WidenersLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
RepackboxReloading EverythingLee PrecisionTitan Reloading
Inline Fabrication
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sr 4756 ???

Le Loup Solitaire

IMR 4756 powder

I have used 4756 for many years now; in the 9MM (Luger & Baretta) 4.7 grains runs the actions well and doesn't generate a lot of pressure. Neither pistol is a target/bullseye machine anyway, but the grouping at 25 yards with 115-120 grain bullets- RCBS truncated CN and Lyman 358242 will consistently group into 4 inches off the bench. With 44 Mag, using H&G mold 503 @ 250 grains, I have been using 9 grains of 4756 for a short range/lighter load at 25 yards off the bench and it does 10 ring one hole all day. Undoubtedly it can be pushed a bit harder, but there is no reason for me to do that. Both loads are economical and a pound goes pretty far. Its a good powder and I'm glad that it is still around. LLS

Boolit Master
    Ohio- Painesville and Cleveland and Port Clinton.
    I've shot a fair amount of it in 30 cal rifles. In the Red Dot/Unique category. Start around 11 grains, work up from there. My 1891 Argentine does pretty well with 14 grains under a 185 gr bullet.

Boolit Master
    I find that 4756 works fine. but is very sensitive, so work up to a load in small increments.
    4759 is a great powder also and works very well in larger cases for cast loads at slower speeds. It is a favorite of the Schutzen people.
    Not to long ago, I read an article on why you never see 4756 or 4759 loads in magazines. It seems that too many people mix up the two powders and have blown up guns.
    "There's a Fine Line Between Hobby and Mental Illness"!

Boolit Buddy
    4756 works in all the popular handgun cartridges. I've used it for 35 years. It isn't necessarily the best choice in a particular cartridge, but works nevertheless.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12