Load DataWidenersTitan ReloadingSnyders Jerky
Inline FabricationRepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyReloading Everything
Lee Precision RotoMetals2
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 32 Sixgun Sledgehammer RERUN is HERE

Any lead on delivery time? I assume I'll get an e-mail with the tracking number once it ships out.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by reed1911 View Post
    Any lead on delivery time? I assume I'll get an e-mail with the tracking number once it ships out.
    No tracking info since it's coming from a foreign country. Typical delivery time is two weeks from paying. It depends on customs and can take shorter or longer.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by dragon813gt View Post
    No tracking info since it's coming from a foreign country. Typical delivery time is two weeks from paying. It depends on customs and can take shorter or longer.

I allways ship next day of payment (except on weekends)
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

Boolit Bub
    I think mine is at the post office.

Got mine today! Going to try it out tomorrow

Got mine yesterday.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Cast mine up and they look real nice! Only thing is I couldnt track down any load data for bullets this heavy. I'm planning to use H&R mag cases, and only want to push them around ~1100fps tops. Could any of you fine gents point me in the right direction? Thanks

You will be on the other side of safe to push a 130-140g to 1100FPS in the H&R. The only way to do that speed safely will be in the .327 or heavy duty .32-20. Keep it at 900 and you'll be just fine.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Well the gun is chambered in 327, but the bullet is long and I would rather use the 32 hr cases I have so that I could crimp in the groove as opposed to seating deap. Now if it's the brass that can't handle that, then I guess I'm stuck with stuffing these bullets down a little more into the 327 cases.

Boolit Mold
    It arrived! Thanks!!!

Got mine into the casting room. I shot him a question on what the preferred method for burning in was and never received a response, so I just went the NOE recommended way.

Not good. Had all the cavities stick the bullets very hard. Tried various tricks on heating and allowing the bullets to cool longer in the mold etc...

Let her cool down and ended up polishing off all the very sharp edges of each cavity. That cleared that up. I'm not sure if that is normal for MP molds or not. First mold I have ever had to do that with.

The Pent. pins all put the HP cavity off center, but the round pins do not. Again, not sure if that is normal or not. The FN pins seem fine.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

I had the same issues with the penta pins being slightly off center, but not the round hp pins. I did experience a few occasions of bullets sticking, but I had gone over the corners of the mold with a wooden dowel before starting. This is my first brass mold though, so there were several things I had to learn that day. I did produce some very nice bullets though. They dropped right at 125gr for the round pins and 127 gr for the penta pins, before any lubes or checks. They are sized now, but my 30 cal checks didnt fit the .287 shanks... what is everyone else using? most 30 cal checks I've seen state they are for .284 gc shanks.

Never thought to use a wood dowel, I just grabbed my dremmel (yeah, I hear you all cringe; but I do know what I'm doing sometimes), a bobbin, some rouge and a small loupe. Knocked the corners off and everything pretty well fell into place. FWIW I'm not talking about removing much material here, just the 90 degree corners enough to give them about a .0001-.00015 radius. You cannot see that by eye and barely by magnification.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Buddy
    G'Day
    Has everyone got their mold as mine hasn't arrived yet?
    Juddy

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Ramslammer View Post
    G'Day
    Has everyone got their mold as mine hasn't arrived yet?
    Juddy

Send me your e-mail address via PM and I will track it down
    www.mp-molds.com
    --------------------------------------
    If you want to win, you must not lose

MiHec, I never received a response from you. I would like one,

Got mine into the casting room. I shot him a question on what the preferred method for burning in was and never received a response, so I just went the NOE recommended way.

Not good. Had all the cavities stick the bullets very hard. Tried various tricks on heating and allowing the bullets to cool longer in the mold etc...

Let her cool down and ended up polishing off all the very sharp edges of each cavity. That cleared that up. I'm not sure if that is normal for MP molds or not. First mold I have ever had to do that with.

The Pent. pins all put the HP cavity off center, but the round pins do not. Again, not sure if that is normal or not. The FN pins seem fine.
    Ron Reed
    Oklahoma City, OK

Boolit Buddy
    G'Day
    Mold arrived yesterday. As usual it's a work of art. Hope to be able to size it down to .310 as well for the 30/30.
    Mihec are you going to do another list of molds you have on hand?
    Juddy

Boolit Mold
    Anyone tried loading these for a 32 H&R Mag Single Six? Will they fit if set deep in 32 mag brass?

Yes they will, you just won't be able to push them very fast at all. But I was seating them in a 327 fed. Length cylinder, so that bought me some extra length depending on your gun.

On another note, I got to test the hp and penta boolits this weekend. Didn't do a proper ladder test since I still don't have gas checks, but both were shooting well. Got respectable 2.5 in groups at 15yds. Only rest was a backpack so for initial testing that's about as good as I can hold but they show promise. Again though, if anyone can tell me what checks you're using it would be greatly appreciated. I was only pushing them about 1100 fps to keep noise levels down, but can't wait to see what the effect on game is

Boolit Mold
    Were your penta pin holes off center like the others have indicated?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast