Inline FabricationReloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2
Titan ReloadingWidenersLoad DataLee Precision
Repackbox Snyders Jerky

Thread: NEW Alliant BE-86 powder

NEW Alliant BE-86 powder

I just ordered this powder from a distributor. It is advertised by Alliant as a new powder for 9MM to 40 cal. I went to the Alliant website and there is no published data yet, so I called Alliant and talked with Dwayne. He told me that this powder was not supposed to be released until the load data was published on their website. The load data is published in their 2014 load manual, but not on line, so someone dropped the ball and released the powder out of protocol. I asked Dwayne if BE-86 was comparable to UNIQUE and he told me that he could not find data with any given bullet that had the same data, so it is not a clone. He is graciously sending my a free copy of their current manual. Thought you would like to know......

Boolit Grand Master
    That is a bit scary..........a company releasing for sale a powder and having no data available.

Ben

Boolit Buddy

As I understand it, BE-86 is a slower burning version of Bullseye.
    L.E.C.

Boolit Man
    I have plenty of load data for my preferred powders...Just can't find the powder. Having both is really nice.

I found plenty of data on their downloadable reloading guide. Should work well in middle of the road to upper range in magnum pistol cartridges and 45colt.
    Last edited by Jupiter7; 06-27-2014 at 02:12 PM.

I just reread your post from the other forum and you said you ordered it. Did you actually get it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rsrocket1 View Post
    I just reread your post from the other forum and you said you ordered it. Did you actually get it yet?
    Not yet. It is supposed to arrive next week. Alliant is mailing me their 2014 data manual Monday; it contains load data for the BE-86 powder. It will be interesting to compare it's data with the other powders. I load for 380auto/9mm/38/357/40cal/45acp and 45 colt, so I should be able to find a good use for it somewhere.

Boolit Master
    I got a pound of it at a gun shop off of i40 in tennessee I don't remember the name but it was near cookeville. I found load data hidden in the alliant web site. It was back in May or June that I l loaded with it and if I remember correctly the data included loads for jacked and cast. Published velocity is at the top of the range. If I remember correctly I loaded 9mm Luger with 5.7 gr using 124gr gold dots. Have not had a chance to chrono them yet. I would hope that the 6 big online powder sellers(wideners, powder valley, midsouth, grafs, natchez and midway) would get some in.

Quote Originally Posted by farmbif View Post
    I got a pound of it at a gun shop off of i40 in tennessee I don't remember the name but it was near cookeville. I found load data hidden in the alliant web site. It was back in May or June that I l loaded with it and if I remember correctly the data included loads for jacked and cast. Published velocity is at the top of the range. If I remember correctly I loaded 9mm Luger with 5.7 gr using 124gr gold dots. Have not had a chance to chrono them yet. I would hope that the 6 big online powder sellers(wideners, powder valley, midsouth, grafs, natchez and midway) would get some in.
    Old post, but are you referring to the Reloaders Bench in Mt Juliet, TN