WidenersRotoMetals2RepackboxMidSouth Shooters Supply
Snyders JerkyLee PrecisionInline FabricationTitan Reloading
Reloading Everything Load Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cast Boolit logo patch (attempt)

Cast Boolit logo patch (attempt)

So far, I've found some older software to get the logo cleaned up into a "workable" stitch converted picture. I've got it set to 14 thread colors, and the first render looks... well, pretty bad, actually.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testlogo.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	108942

I think what I'm going to do is clean up the boolits, cut down the "shading" for the threads and maybe ease the background color into maybe only three instead of what looks like 5 or so. Any suggestions as to what to do? Anyone who has worked on embroidery software have any input? This will probably take me another week or so to get something workable, by then I should have some workable images to throw around and make into actual patches.

The theory is having a velcro backing to it so most everyone can use them, I may see if the wife will help me find some of that iron on stuff too! I was hoping to keep it about the same size as a flag patch would be, but that might be a little difficult as it's slightly longer than tall.

Boolit Master

When you get it figured out, I WANT SOME!!
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

Boolit Master
    remember KISS? i'd recommend starting with 4-5 colors and see if adding colors adds to the overall design. Sometimes being too artistic just complicates things.
    Loren

Banned
    Can't make out the word cast..... what rockshooter said.

Boolit Master

Great idea, would love to have several of the finished products.

Boolit Master

I will need 3-4, but not iron-on - I have had problems w/IO patches curling up, and I have a seamstress handy for sewing...
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

Boolit Grand Master

Use fewer contrasting colors. 4-5 at most. I had many fraternity brothers work at a screen print shop and when the color numbers went up, so did the complexity and sometimes the T shirts looked aweful. Otherwise, keep at it and I'd love to have a few to put on my range bags, soft cases, etc.

Perhaps the light burnt orange back ground with light grey lettering and dark grey boolits. Contrasted, easily visible and distinguishable. Then work on adding layering/colors.

Boolit Grand Master
    out of here, wandering somewhere in the SW.
    Cut down on the colors! Too much shading makes it very hard to read.

banger

Cast Boolits Owner

We currently do not offer embroidered patches but other Cast Boolit products are available here: http://www.cafepress.com/castboolits
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Boolit Master

You did have patches for a while, I have one.

I can try working on this as well. Generally speaking, CNC embroidery requires simple vector graphics.

David
    Cats are fun and magical when you can't smell their poop! Fresh Step!

JPFO; NCOWS; NRA (Life); NYSRPA (Life); SAF, SASS

I'm looking for a shooter grade Smith & Wesson Victory model in .38 Special.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    I got one from when Oneokie sold some patches on here one time. I think it was last summer.
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Cast Boolits Owner

Ken had a few patches which were provided to him by a member but there are none available now.
    "The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion."
    - Albert Camus -

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pretzelxx View Post
    So far, I've found some older software to get the logo cleaned up into a "workable" stitch converted picture. I've got it set to 14 thread colors, and the first render looks... well, pretty bad, actually.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	testlogo.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	108942

I think what I'm going to do is clean up the boolits, cut down the "shading" for the threads and maybe ease the background color into maybe only three instead of what looks like 5 or so. Any suggestions as to what to do? Anyone who has worked on embroidery software have any input? This will probably take me another week or so to get something workable, by then I should have some workable images to throw around and make into actual patches.

The theory is having a velcro backing to it so most everyone can use them, I may see if the wife will help me find some of that iron on stuff too! I was hoping to keep it about the same size as a flag patch would be, but that might be a little difficult as it's slightly longer than tall.
    Try Embroiderydesign.com, they will convert it for you at a nominal price, as long as you have design rights, or it isn't copyrighted. My wife does a LOT of machine embroidery, she's curious about your background in embroidery.

Does this help? I kick myself for only ordering one from the original batch. Could do with a couple more.

Boolit Master

^^^bingo!!
    Lead Forever!

The 2nd amendment was never intended to allow private citizens to 'keep and bear arms.' If it had, there would have been wording such as 'the right of the People to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. -Ken Konecki, July 27, 1992

John Galt was here.

"Politics is the art of postponing an answer until it is no longer relevant". (From the movie 'Red Tails')

The thing about the program is that it starts with a picture. I'm working backwards to basically get to the old patch as I see above.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Charley View Post
    Try Embroiderydesign.com, they will convert it for you at a nominal price, as long as you have design rights, or it isn't copyrighted. My wife does a LOT of machine embroidery, she's curious about your background in embroidery.
    My background is about 30 minutes working on some software the other day. I have none besides watching someone do it once.
    Using Tapatalk

Fewer colors and vector graphics. Vector graphics maintain proportions when resized so you can adjust graphic to fit patch without distortion. Fewer colors yield clarity for embroidered logos. Cafepress is doing image printing so the full color version does look good. I think cafepress will do some items as embroidered but I might be thinking of Zazzle.

SWMBO has a monogram machine, anybody have the logo digitized? we could do shirts for site benefit bucks.
    !
    Μολὼν λαβέ