RotoMetals2Snyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
RepackboxMidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataWideners
Lee Precision Inline Fabrication
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Midway USA changes shipping policy

Moderator Emeritus

Midway USA changes shipping policy

Just saw this where Midway USA is changing their shipping rates to make it cheaper to ship:

http://www.midwayusa.com/cart/shippi...40623_1-_-Link

Ron

Boolit Master

Well, that's good news. Now, I'll start looking at the Midway site more often. I actually used to avoid it, due to the shipping "costs".
    Politicians are a lot like diapers. They should be changed frequently, and for the same reason. Benjamin Franklin

Excellent!

Thank you for posting!

that is good to hear I have been checking my order price with Mid way & Midsouth to see which one was cheapest for a while , Midway is not always the cheapest especially if there is a high dollar idem in the order

Boolit Master

Yup, I got an e-mail about that this morning.

They eventually do listen........and read!!!

Boolit Buddy
    I ordered a couple of items this morning that I was putting off because of small item shipping rates. $3.99 shipping, I was pleased.
    'The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge.
    Daniel J. Boorstin

The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.
    Albert Einstein

They finally realized they were losing a lot of business because of their outrageous shipping prices.

Boolit Master
    I just logged on to share the news, and I see the early risers beat me to it. This is good news. It has always irked me that many people try to hang the buyer with outrageous shipping. this is about time. I am sure he weighed the losses vs the overcharge, and came to a sensible decision.
    The rules of the range are simple at best, Should you venture in that habitat, Don't cuss a man's dog, be good to the cook, And don't mess with a cowboy's hat. ~ Baxter Black

Boolit Master
    They have been doing that for some time. My last several purchases were shipped that way. I takes longer but I will gladly trade a day or so wait for $ savings.
    ph4570

Boolit Master

Back a few years ago when shipping wasn't nearly as high as it is now I used to buy a lot of stuff from Midway. Midway, at first, actually had free shipping. Sometimes to round out a order I would throw in a few plastic ammo boxs. When they changed their shipping policy it actually changed to a point where it actually was a money maker for them. It had to have been. I was doing a lot of ebay shipping at the time and knew exactly what shipping for various items was costing. They really were way out of line. I started buying locally, at gun shows and in some cases just went without.
    Will gladly go back and see how their shipping is now. If they are back in line where they should be, I will start buying again. If not-- well I learned well how to buy elsewhere or do without.
    Facta non verba

Boolit Master
    It was probally the survey that I filled out last week when I ordered something using my Birthday discount. I told them I did not order so much anymore as their shipping costs where high and I could not select USPS so I was ordering a lot more on Amazon.

Quote Originally Posted by Reg View Post
    Back a few years ago when shipping wasn't nearly as high as it is now I used to buy a lot of stuff from Midway. Midway, at first, actually had free shipping. Sometimes to round out a order I would throw in a few plastic ammo boxs. When they changed their shipping policy it actually changed to a point where it actually was a money maker for them. It had to have been. I was doing a lot of ebay shipping at the time and knew exactly what shipping for various items was costing. They really were way out of line. I started buying locally, at gun shows and in some cases just went without.
    Will gladly go back and see how their shipping is now. If they are back in line where they should be, I will start buying again. If not-- well I learned well how to buy elsewhere or do without.
    Yep, back when they sent out the monthly paper with those "Bargain Pages", you could get some good deals on reloading stuff. I don't shop there as much as i used to.

Boolit Buddy
    I saw that this morning too. I wonder if this is the first indication that end of this round of the "crazies" is starting to come to the end. Hell, I actually bought factory plinking ammo on sale (sorry.. I still do want to have some factory assembled stuff for my wife on hand)... yes on sale!.. at the local farm store yesterday...

Midway seemed to use shipping for extra profit when they could get away with it. It seemed really bad for about the last year. I wonder if that's over for awhile now...

Now if Midway would just add USPS Printed Material (Book) rates for book only orders.
    Mark
    Last edited by markinalpine; 06-24-2014 at 03:00 PM.
    Any way you sell it,
    No matter how you spell it,
    When you start to smell it,
    BO Stinks!

Boolit Master
    If they would now put some inventory in the barn..........the last dozen times I've tried to order from them..."Out Of Stock"..."Back Order OK" ...... "90 Days"

I wrote them a whole letter about this and their outrageous shipping fees.
    Roy B
    Massachusetts

www.rvbprecision.com

Boolit Man
    It looks like powder is sent from the manufacturer. So will you be charged two hazmats and shipping if you order some Ramshot powder and some Hodgdon?

Boolit Master
    Got the same email. Guess this years Safari is on hold until they get their sales back up. When they had their snail-mail rag I used to scour the bargain pages, on average making a purchase every 2 out of 3 months. Something about pictures. When they announced they were ending the rag, I politely emailed them and suggested they watch their sales volume vs adverts. I received back a slightly snooty letter explaining that the Safari was on hold due to advertising costs. I told them OK. That was when? I ain't bought **** since then. Oh yeah, chime in about the email blasts they send out -- twice a day!! It just ain't the same. I want something I can take to the reading room, read at lunch, read by lantern when the power goes out.......
    Those who claim "change is good" should use dried corncobs for a month. Then report back on how the change worked for them. Little rant off! Hopefully they will review their business model some more. All the comments on this forum seem to indicate they had slipped from their mighty perch ...... Lee
    Been paddlin' upstream all my life, don't see no reason to turn around now.

Boolit Master

Its about time Larry finally listened to my complaining about their shipping costs!

http://www.midwayusa.com/cart/shippi...40623_1-_-Link
    Last edited by GT27; 06-23-2014 at 05:06 PM.
    You can't buy common sense,and stupidity can't be fixed!

Personally I really don't care what a place charges for shipping. When I am looking to place an order I go to a few sites and put all the items in the cart then see what the total is with shipping. You see, the places that have 'free' shipping have higher per item costs. Yer gonna pay for it one way or another. The nice thing about midway has been that they have alot more stuff and it seems to be easier to fill your cart.

Jerry Jr.
    You can't buy experience, but you'll pay for it.

.... but what do I know, I'm just a dumb farmer. ~ My Dad.

NRA LIFE MEMBER Upgraded to Endowment Member 5-23-14

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast