RotoMetals2Lee PrecisionRepackboxLoad Data
Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingSnyders JerkyReloading Everything
Wideners MidSouth Shooters Supply
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My daughter accepted Jesus tonight

Boolit Grand Master

My daughter accepted Jesus tonight

Best day of my life. I was out in the shop lining up a Kreiger in the lathe and I was explaining to my daughter (5 years old) what the indicators were and how they worked. I was telling her that the indicators always tell the truth, and they never lie, so you must never lie to yourself about what they are telling you. (That's me, always making an object lesson out of work LOL!)
    As we watched the indicators shake their fingers at us, and I made adjustments, she started talking to me. At first I thought it was just normal 5 year old babel, but I listened in shock as she started telling me that she needed to be right with God and how she "needed to be on the right track"

I have never pushed Christianity on her, and never told her that one day she must do this. I did not allow her to take communion with us at church, but explained by telling her that she just wasn't big enough yet.
    So it was a bit of a shock to hear her telling me that she was convicted about her sins. Of course, I'm thinking "what could this little girl possibly be convicted over?!?!" Well, she told me that she was tired of lying and disobeying her mother (which hasn't been much of a problem. She's the most well behaved girl I know) and that she was "on the wrong track" and she needed me to "help her get on the right track with God".
    I really could hardly believe my ears, but I told her that when she was ready, she could pray and ask God to come into her heart and help her to get on the right track.
    To my shock, she told me that she wanted to do that right away. I told her we could go inside and pray with her mother, and that's what we did.

I still had my reservations about what had just transpired, but she told me that she felt different inside.
    Later tonight, I told her to clean her room and clear her bed of barbie dolls, and as I set here in front of my computer, I heard her singing as she worked. She was just making up the words as she went, but what she was saying shocked me. She was singing hymns! Or something like that.
    I was writing down some of what she was singing as she sang it.
    These are her words verbatim:

"Now I can do the right stuff
    Now it's time for the Lord who we trust
    Now Lord it is time for me to be blessed
    Now I'm found and I get to sing
    My time is here to see the Lord
    Now it is time for the Lord to come in my heart
    The Lord who I trust has saved me........"

That's right in the middle of what she made up on the fly while she was cleaning her room, but she continued on like this for quite a while.
    I'm still just blown away by this.
    I really don't know what to say, except praise Jesus for ever and ever! Glory hallelujah!!!!!!!

I'm reminded of when I accepted Jesus as an adolescent. Simply amazing.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Good for her and good for your family. Happy to hear it. I'm sure Jesus was happy to do his part.
    I'm a Happy Clinger.

Perma-Banned

The GREATEST thing that can happen.

Congrats!

Boolit Master

I've always thought you were a good man, this email is further evidence of such. Not only that you fathered and raised such a child but that you'd take time to post it. God bless you and yours.

Banned

5 years old and convicted. All of Heaven rejoiced with you. Her name written in the Book of Life. You were most Blessed this day.

Boolit Master

Tim that is an awesome thing. I believe, as you that asking Jesus into your life is the most important decision anyone can make. What is so neat about a child doing this is it sets them on the track just as your daughter said. Just think of the "things" in her life that she won't do or try. There is no amount of money, fame, or power on earth that can buy what happened tonight. You are a blessed man indeed. Thank you for sharing.
    Mark 5:34 And He said to her (Jesus speaking), "Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace and be healed of your affliction."

Wow Tim... Sounds like a party ... That is soooooo cool.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by smoked turkey View Post
    Just think of the "things" in her life that she won't do or try.
    I don't know about that. Shortly after I accepted Jesus, I proceeded to make the worst mistakes in my life.
    But now I have complete confidence that it will all work together for good for her now as it did for me.
    I have this overwhelming sense of completeness about my family now.
    Precision in the wrong place is only a placebo.

Boolit Master

That is great news Tim. Thank you for sharing it.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master
    Tim, that is so uplifting. Thanks for sharing.

AWESOME!!
    I know how great it is for us as parents when our children choose Jesus over the world.
    I was not there for the birth of my daughter but I was there when she was reborn in Christ. What an amazing day.
    Congratulations to you and yours.
    jmsj

Boolit Master

Every time I see a new family come into Church on Sunday with young children it brings a lot of joy to me. We are becoming more and more persecuted these days. My youngest daughter is the liaison in "First Priority" in her High School. She is constantly being challenged and teased about her belief in her Savior. I explain to her that the devil will constantly work to try to turn her and she must be prepared to spend her life being challenged. I am so glad to here that another soldier for Christ resides in your household. God Bless.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Grand Master

Praise God! She beat me by four years. I was 9. Now get her reading her Bible and Bible literature. Tim, you and your wife are models for us all. She learned the difference between good a evil by watching you - both of you, be good.
    Wayne the Shrink

There is no 'right' that requires me to work for you or you to work for me!

Boolit Master

Jesus said, "Suffer the little children to come unto Me."

Goodsteel, all praise to the Lord!

This says volumes about the Christian household your little girl was raised in, and I commend you brother, and also your wife!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Hey Tim, you're not alone. There's a bakers dozen other guys, and me, and all the residents of heaven rejoicing too.
    Bill
    Micah 6:8
    He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

"I don't have hobbies - I'm developing a robust post-apocalyptic skill set"
    I may be discharged and retired but I'm sure I did not renounce the oath that I solemnly swore!

Boolit Master

Thank you Lord for another day
    Please welcome all who ask for your love
    Je suis Charlie
    ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rednecks run the Brits out of this country years ago,
    I will defend this country from anyone or thing that tries to take it from me or mine
    I AM A REDNECK!!!
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government,our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." Samuel Adams, 1776

The Greatest thing that could ever happen!! God is Good!

Boolit Grand Master
    Nothing in her life can compare with this !

Ben

Boolit Master

The LAST State to allow Conceal Carry -The new 5O
    Tim

The Holy Spirit sure does work in mysterious ways.
    It seems to me God was reinforcing your faith through your daughter.
    I believe you just witnessed a small little miracle through her.

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven

Vaya con Dios
    Rick
    LOYALTY ABOVE ALL ELSE, EXCEPT HONOR

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading." -- Thomas Jefferson

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."
    Theodore Roosevelt

NRA
    BENEFACTOR LIFE MEMBER

Boolit Master

I don't think she was too young at all. It was the wife and you setting the example that she realized she had a deficit in her life and it was with God. The Bible tells US that WE need to become like the children to make it to heaven. Your story tells US how we should believe and respond. The angels in heaven are rejoicing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast