WidenersReloading EverythingTitan ReloadingLoad Data
RepackboxLee PrecisionSnyders JerkyRotoMetals2
Inline Fabrication MidSouth Shooters Supply

Thread: Sold on Vortex

Vendor Sponsor

Sold on Vortex

Not made in America, but what is anymore.

I always wanted a quality pair of binoculars but can't afford the price that most European glass brings. I did my shopping and found that the Vortex Kaibab 15x56 is a good a picture as any. I bought my pair at Sportsworld in Reno for $1200 and change all in. After about 2 weeks I stopped on 3 Bars Rd east of Austin NV and was checking out the countryside with them when nature called. I set them on the roof of the car, relieved myself, got in and headed back to Hwy 50 east. When I got up to about 70 miles per hour I heard a clunk on the trunk of the car, looked in the mirror in time to see my brand new binos bounce off the pavement in 3 pieces.

When I got home I could not find the receipt. I emailed Vortex explaining that the binos had been "dropped" and that I would likely not be able to afford another pair that nice again. A lady emailed back and told my to put them in the original box and send them back attention to her. A week later a brand new pair showed up in the mail. I am a Vortex customer for life.

Boolit Master

Ammohead, when those $1200 binos hit the hardtop, I would have had a heartache right there! Unconcious at the wheel, car off the road....out into the desert!

Happy for you that Vortex made it good!!!
    Maker of Silver Boolits for Werewolf hunting

Boolit Master

Wow, that's incredible! It's amazing that they gave you a brand new pair considering it didn't have anything to do with their build quality or workmanship. I would have been more amazed if you said you picked them back up of the highway and they still worked perfectly but that is great customer service.

Banned
    Not trying to talk any trash but I have a considerable amount of knowledge in this field as it is what I do for a living every day. I own one of the largest gun show vending companies in the country, and Im one of the largest if not the largest buyer of several of the optics brands I list as well as an importer of several lines of product. Vortex optics are the same quality and price to construct as NCstar AIM FireField ETC. While they are not made in the same factory like those are, they use the same parent lens companies and aluminum extrusion companies. The difference is in the marketing and packaging. Nothing else. They can replace them easily because their cost to construct that product is so low if I told you what it was you'd be sick. If you were to buy one of the NCstar sets with similar options, I bet you'd love it too! Chinese glass has come a looooooong way. But careful not to pay too much for it.

Perma-Banned
    I just bought a pair of vortex 12X50 Diamondbacks for 215.00 I went to cabelas, and sportsmans warehouse to look through the different binoculars and decide on which pair? I went with the Diamondbacks and not just because they were cheaper, they are crystal clear, fit and finish is perfect, vortex warranty is rock solid! They get nearly 5 star reviews for all of their products and there warranty/customer service is solid 5 star!

Boolit Master

I've been sold on Vortex for years - Vortex scopes are on 5 of my rifles, and I use three different Vortex binoculars.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cost to manufacture Nightforce scopes was unbelievably cheap also, but when you are just a consumer none of that matters when all the middle men like adanymous get their share - thats just the way it is...

Quote Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
    I've been sold on Vortex for years - Vortex scopes are on 5 of my rifles, and I use three different Vortex binoculars.

I wouldn't be surprised if the cost to manufacture Nightforce scopes was unbelievably cheap also, but when you are just a consumer none of that matters when all the middle men like adanymous get their share - thats just the way it is...
    Good optics actually do cost a good amount to produce. There is a lot that goes into them. OP vortex now has a scope made in the USA!

I have put Vortex scopes and red dots on quite a few of my rifles. I can honestly say that I love the glass, and that the customer service cannot be beat! It's awesome to hear stories like this about a company putting the customer first, even when they didn't have to. That's what sets them above their competitors and will keep me coming back to them.

Wow, what great customer service! Thanks for sharing and i'm a fan of Vortex and fortunately I haven't had to use their warranties.

Quote Originally Posted by adanymous View Post
    Vortex optics are the same quality and price to construct as NCstar AIM FireField ETC. While they are not made in the same factory like those are, they use the same parent lens companies and aluminum extrusion companies. The difference is in the marketing and packaging. Nothing else.
    Maybe, and I mean maybe the lowest end line of Vortex optics is made of the same garbage as NCStar. But, the Viper line and up? Not a chance.

You've already let the shocking truth out of the bag, what does it matter if you tell us how much they cost to produce?
    __

Boolit Master
    I am a fan of even the crossfire Vortex line of scopes ......... I have a number of firearms and buying top end glass for the whole "tribe" would make me end up letting go of a lot of fire sticks just to afford it.

Also, I am a rancher and my "business" guns have to be able to be drug around a lot.

My wife and I have two pairs of NC binocs. We have a important area about a mile away in direct view of our house. We use those NC stars quite a bit.

My wife has a yearning for a big Swarski spotting scope ........ I differ and think a really good pair of binocs would be more useful ........ less eye fatigue for one thing.

But in the meantime, a friend with a pair of Swarski (1700 buck ones) came over on a sunny day.

We each got our respective instruments out and had a friendly comparison.

I was awestruck by his Swarski binocs ...... he was awestruck by my NC stars .......

I had hay windrowed and his Swarskis made my hay look 3D ........ but he was amazed that a $40 pair of Chinese binocs could do as well as they did .....

But the rubber meets the road when the light levels drop.

I had a cougar skulking around an employee one cloudy day and those NC's did not give me a good read on it at 1500 yds in a less than bright day .......

My $.02 worth

Three 44s

Banned

Cameraland has 8x28 diamondback on special right now for 90bucks. dirt cheap for a GOOD small set of binoculars to keep in your car or truck or for a second set.

Boolit Buddy
    Customer Service is why I like Vortex. I have only returned one item to them over the years, but the CS was super. They have a product of two that may not be excellent but the overall quality is good for the price and I do own several of the their products and the same item under other brands. I admit to being cheap when it comes to putting glass on my weapons but $ is easier for me than $$$$. The high end stuff is nice but waay out of my price range. I go for the Customer Service and Vortex is one of the best in my experience.
    West of Beaver Dick's Ferry.