Lee PrecisionRotoMetals2RepackboxTitan Reloading
Reloading EverythingMidSouth Shooters SupplyWidenersLoad Data
Inline Fabrication Snyders Jerky

Thread: Visit to BTSniper's shop

Boolit Master

Visit to BTSniper's shop

I took my wife and grandkids to the coast, on the way back got to SEE the hallowed halls of BT's shop! Brian had set up a swaging station with derim, core seat, and point form dies each in it's own press and ready to make bullets.
    My dies are somwhere down the production list, but I did get to take home a .2501X1" 11 cavity core mold, and the auto eject kit.
    Since I plan to make my own core seat die, and need to build a a 7/8X14-5/8X24 adapter for the auto eject kit, with these tools in my hands, I can better prepare for the day my dies get here.
    Brian does have lots of core molds, internal die parts machined, and much of preperation work complete, and on hand to speed the the shipment of backlogged orders.

After exchanging several PMs and phone calls it was good to actually meet Brian.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Banned

Suuure Mark:
    I'm off work this week and there ya go, off havin fun without me
    that multiple press idea is starting to take hold of me too.

Boolit Master

I did mention to Brian that you and I had talked of visiting there.
    This trip was almost 2 weeks long, drove to Cheyenne picked up the grand kids. made 800 miles the first day to Winnamucca, from there made about 150 miles a day to Lassen volcanic park, redwood forests N Cal and Oregan beaches. Then BT's shop.
    I'm not againt meeting you in Pocatello and making a trip to Hood River, maybe this fall?
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Banned

late/early fall in the September/ November time frame range.
    little girl is getting married in august, and deer/elk is October.
    man time goes by so fast with my work schedule, I have to think about day's off three months out or I miss them.

Boolit Master

First week end and 20-21st are bad for me in Sept.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by clodhopper View Post
    I did mention to Brian that you and I had talked of visiting there.
    This trip was almost 2 weeks long, drove to Cheyenne picked up the grand kids. made 800 miles the first day to Winnamucca, from there made about 150 miles a day to Lassen volcanic park, redwood forests N Cal and Oregan beaches. Then BT's shop.
    Man... those kids must have bladders of steel, or you must have a lead foot. Cheyenne to Winnemucca is quite a haul.

Among my friends and family, I am known for being quite an annoying person to roadtrip with. I hate wasting time while stopped, but I don't haul [butt] while on the highway - often doing less than the speed limit in the 70, 75, and 80 mph zones we love so much out west. Yet, I almost always manage to maintain higher average speeds for trips, and get to the destination sooner, than people that stomp the gas and do 90 between stops.
    ...I once drove straight through from Fort Walton Beach, Florida, to Salt Lake City, Utah with an average speed of 62 miles per hour (including stops, nighttime speed limits in Texas, and 60 miles of single-lane construction in Louisiana).

But, Cheyenne to Winnemucca, that's brutal. All that dry desert to wear your eyes out; wind forcing constant corrections; straight stretches of road with only idiot drivers to break the monotony; and inexperienced drivers getting a taste of the continental divide, and the hills that come with it, for the first time... That's taxing.

Side note:
    My uncle left Salt Lake City at 4 o'clock this morning, for White Plains, NY, with a wife that has a bladder the size of a walnut. He figured he'd be in Des Moines Iowa by 8 pm.
    Proud winner of February 2012's "Ugliest Gun" contest.

Boolit Master

It was 3am to 6pm, driving a motor home. Last 250 miles a tough wind coming in the port bow. Made several stops for lunch, gas, and dog walking.
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Banned

ohh man that stupid west wind will kill you on I-80.
    you gotta get your trip in early [like 1 a.m. to 9 a.m.] to miss it.
    it's nice going east though I once got over 20 mpg in a jeep cj heading to rock springs.
    I had to stop twice for gas on the way back though.

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by runfiverun View Post
    ohh man that stupid west wind will kill you on I-80.
    you gotta get your trip in early [like 1 a.m. to 9 a.m.] to miss it.
    it's nice going east though I once got over 20 mpg in a jeep cj heading to rock springs.
    I had to stop twice for gas on the way back though.
    Heh, yea. A few years ago, we got slammed by a head-on wind storm, coming back from Farson (north of Rock Springs). On I-80, we were maxing out at about 45 mph, and they were closing the gates as we hit Evanston. I got the best mileage in my Ranger, with 14 mpg (should have been around 23). But, my brothers and father were 8 mpg or less, in trucks that should have managed 16-25 mpg. We actually had to stop twice to transfer gas from my truck and the gas cans, for my brother's mid-'80s F250 that was getting less than 2 mpg because of the massive frontal area of the trailer it was pulling.

If at all possible, I make that drive at night. It is MUCH more enjoyable.
    Proud winner of February 2012's "Ugliest Gun" contest.

Boolit Master

What about all the scenery you mis on I-80? Specally that part west of Salt lake?
    To lazy to chase arrows.
    Clodhopper

Banned

where else are you gonna see a rabbit dragging a canteen?