Reloading EverythingRotoMetals2WidenersTitan Reloading
Inline FabricationSnyders JerkyLoad DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Repackbox
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I hate neighbors sometimes

Boolit Grand Master

I hate neighbors sometimes

Just gotta vent guys.

Got off work around 1230. Had the afternoon off. Wife took the kids to an amusement park and won't be home until late. I get home and reload some ammunition. I just received a new mold and was excited to try it out. I grab my guns and ammunition and went to the hunting club. It's only five minutes from my house. I get there and realized my chrony has a dead battery. I then went to drive home and when I entered into my neighborhood there was an oncoming car. One of my neighbors had set out is for sale sign in the road as he was mowing. I was able to slow down but I could not avoid it because of the car that was coming in the other lane. Now the roads in my neighborhood are fairly narrow and there's really just enough room my truck in the car. I got down to the end of my section & I see a dog to my left. I thought it was one of my dogs and it may have gotten out so I rode down there. Then here comes this guy pulling in front of me with his truck blocking me. I then ease up on the curb asking him what his problem was. He said I purposely ran up the curb to hit his sign. I told him it was in the road and he was Fing stupid if he didn't think it was gonna get run over. We exchange further pleasantries and he asked if I knew who he was. I told him I didn't nor did I care. He whipped around and tried to pass me on the left so I maintained right of way and proceeded forward. Dave, my neighbor on that end must have known him as this guy is yelling for him before he tried to pass me.

So I return home after this and he rides by my house like he's gonna intimidate me (did I mention this is the same A hole who followed my wife and was cursing at her saying she was speeding by his house a few moths ago? She filed a police complaint)

He says he's gonna call the cops. I tell him go ahead. I ease up his way and record a video of him on the phone calling the cops and the sign is clearly in the road still. He's yelling at the dispatcher so I drive up make a U turn and decide it's better to just wait at my house as the police will now have to come and file a report.

His stupid signs are still in the road and I wasn't gonna pass up another opportunity to run them over. (In hindsight I probably shouldn't have)

I wait about 15 minutes and decided I wasn't gonna let this ruin my day. I made sure the dogs were inside and headed back. Bought this time the police showed up at his house. He tells his side, I tell mine. Police offer says he (the neighbor) wants to file charge of me trying to run him off the road and swerving to hit him with my truck. I laughed at him and asked the police officer of there were any tire marks in his perfectly manacured grass. Of which there were not.

I told the nice police officer that if he would like to play that game, he should inform him that I would also do the same and it would hard to defend with him being the aggressor that chase me down and blocked my passage with truck and there was a witness.

The nice police officer then released me so I continued on my way to go shoot. He did tell me this guy was demanding a supervisor and for my arrest, he didn't seem overly concerned.

remember that dead chrony? Yep. Still no battery. So back I went and his supervisor is there. He flags me down. I asked him if Dave corroborated the story. He basically repeated back what I told the officer. He then asked if I purposely ran over his sign. I replied "Officer. I have loved in this neighborhood peacefully for over 8 years. You saw I had a clean record. There was an oncoming car and his sign was in the road, what would you have done?" He laughed and told me to just avoid this guy. I assured him I would and went home and got my 9V battery and had a nice evening shooting.

I asked my neighbor to look after my house. He asked if this was the same guy that chased my wife down a month or so ago. He remembered that. Yet another good witness to this guys character.....thankfully I have really good immediate neighbors and obviously this guy is moving.

I will tolerate a bunch of **** off people, but you don't threaten me and you sure as heck dont threaten my wife or family (which he tried to by intimidating my wife)

Just wanted to vent. Thanks guys.

Boolit Master

Sounds like this jackwagon needs to get his house sold and move somewhere else...

Just don't send him down my way!
    "When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan

Boolit Master
    If it takes more than two sentences to tell me why you hate your neighbor then I ain't interested in why you ran over his signs...sounds like you really just needed some batterys....be a luver not a fighter...have to live with neighbors...urgent need of batteries so you can chronograph loads represents no need for speed on narrow roads

They have medication for your neighbor's "issues" nowadays.

Boolit Master

I've had issues with neighbors in the past. Sometimes you need to be the bigger man and just try to get along. I certainly understand your frustration but I wouldn't want to live in a neighborhood where I have to ask my neighbor to keep an eye on my house to protect it from another neighbor. This is something that won't end and will continue to escalate.
    "If you could kick the person in the pants responsible for most of your trouble, you wouldn't sit for a month."
    Theodore Roosevelt

Boolit Master
    Had a neighbor to the north at my last house who kept mowing more and more of my property for a year and a half, one humid wet June I stopped mowing my lawn for two weeks, he asked me one day if my mower was broke and I could use his, I replied that the mower was fine, I just hoped since he kept mowing into my lawn more and more I asked if he could just do the whole thing for me.
    Funny, he figured out where the property line was just fine after that.
    Got along before and after that just fine too, sometimes the passive aggressive way works better than my usual aggressive/aggressive.

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    If it takes more than two sentences to tell me why you hate your neighbor then I ain't interested in why you ran over his signs...sounds like you really just needed some batterys....be a luver not a fighter...have to live with neighbors...urgent need of batteries so you can chronograph loads represents no need for speed on narrow roads
    I wasn't speeding at all. I was going probably 10mph or so as I rolled over them. I didn't see them as I was more interested in the oncoming car. He's the second house in after a stop sign on a down hill slope. I didn't notice them until I was right on them.

I've lived here for 8 years and haven't had any issues with any neighbor that weren't easily resolved.

This guy has a habit of chasing down people and being the aggressor. I didn't even pay the signs any mind until he decided to pull his truck at an angle in front of me to block me off as I rounded a cul de sac in the rear of the neighborhood where I thought I saw my dog.

Did i chase the mailman down when he ran into my trash can knocking the wheel off (that the trashman left in the road)? No. I picked it up and put the wheel back on.

This guy obviously "ain't right" and I don't trust him. He knows where I live and my wife is home with the kids alone quite a bit when I'm working. Of course I'd ask my neighbor to keep an eye out. We've always looked out for each other. I've even take care of his dogs and our kids play together.
    Last edited by osteodoc08; 06-20-2014 at 10:26 PM.

Boolit Grand Master

Back in the woods a piece, just outside Auburn, AL.
    Nise.... is that trailer still available? I'd like to move up in my surroundings a little. (not a nice neighborhood here)
    KE4GWE - - - - - - Colt 1860, it just feels right.

Boolit Master

I quarrel with nothing you did or the way you handled yourself. The one and only thing I might have done differently, is when he asked "Do you know who I am?" I would have said "No, but do youy have a business card". Then I would have "Googled" the name ASAP.

There are people born into this life to be messed with. Others, not so much.

"Know your enemy as you know yourself."-Master Sun
    You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.
    Winston Churchill

Boolit Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by monadnock#5 View Post
    I quarrel with nothing you did or the way you handled yourself. The one and only thing I might have done differently, is when he asked "Do you know who I am?" I would have said "No, but do youy have a business card". Then I would have "Googled" the name ASAP.

There are people born into this life to be messed with. Others, not so much.

"Know your enemy as you know yourself."-Master Sun
    I'll have to keep that one in mind. I live in a middle income neighborhood. I'm pretty confident he is more of a legend in his own mind.

Boolit Master

A little Transactional Analysis (TA) would have come in handy here. The other person expected you to react in a certain way, and if you didn't, he would have gotten frustrated or angrier. Stay calm, maintain an even strain, reply Adult to Adult when he expects you to reply groveling, or angry. He gets frustrated as all Getout, and goes away even angrier, and all you did was stay calm and ask for and give info. And that's the true story you tell the cops...
    TA is a great way to discuss personal interactions, but it is a sorry way to do therapy. Still, a little knowledge and understanding of TA can really do one well. IM never-to-be HO.
    Echo
    USAF Ret
    DPS, 2600
    NRA Benefactor
    O&U
    One of the most endearing sights in the world is the vision of a naked good-looking woman leaving the bedroom to make breakfast. Bolivar Shagnasty (I believe that Lazarus Long also said it, but I can't find any record of it.)

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    One of my neighbors had set out is for sale sign in the road as he was mowing. I was able to slow down but I could not avoid it because of the car that was coming in the other lane.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarok View Post
    ...urgent need of batteries so you can chronograph loads represents no need for speed on narrow roads
    Quote Originally Posted by osteodoc08 View Post
    I wasn't speeding at all. I was going probably 10mph or so as I rolled over them. I didn't see them as I was more interested in the oncoming car.
    I guess it's a good thing they (they?) were just For Sale signs (that you couldn't slow down enough to avoid) instead of a little kid and his puppy.
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Love Life
    I would be angry if somebody ran over my yard signs as well. I also would have just slowed down tremendously until the oncoming car had passed me. I seek peace and really do my best to avoid confrontation.

However; accidents happen. You handled being blocked in by his vehicle much better than I would have.

Boolit Man
    I once had to rent a condo in a bad neighborhood for a year while I was on some National Guard orders. I was temporarily a military cop augmentee for the year.

The neighbors were not of the type that you would want to have over for dinner, and I was getting nasty notes left on my truck (parking was tight, the lot was small, and I was the only one with a truck, which was long enough to require a little maneuvering around). Several times, my neighbor knocked on my door, rudely telling me to move my truck somewhere down the street, rather than park in my designated space.

One day, I got back from a training exercise. I still had face paint on (camo), I was wearing my military issue guille suit, and a tactical drop holster on my thigh. I was very tired, as I hadn't slept in 2 days, and hadn't bothered to take the gear off before heading home.

So there I was, standing outside my door, having a smoke, wearing a guille suit, camo face paint, and openly carrying, and tired enough not to give a darn. Needless to say, I was left alone after that, with neighbors hiding from me as I approached from then on.

In Remembrance
    A real good attitude adjustment, makes some neighbors easier to deal with.

Boolit Grand Master

Sounds to me like the whole thing could have been avoided if you watched where you were driving and applied the brake. There was no reason to drive over his signs even if he put them in the road.
    ”We know they are lying, they know they are lying, they know we know they are lying, we know they know we know they are lying, yet they are still lying.” –Aleksandr Isayevich Solzhenitsyn

My Straight Shooters thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...raight-shooter

The Pewter Pictures and Hallmarks thread:
    http://castboolits.gunloads.com/show...-and-hallmarks

In Remembrance
    In the road is no place for a sign you think you want to keep, period. If it is a kid in the road, I might run over the sign on your lawn, if that is what it takes to avoid them, but a sign in the right of way gets no such consideration.

Boolit Buddy
    a guy at work the other day came up with a good saying, it might work in this sitution. "Eff your time" But on the other hand your neighbor probably has a sign in his yard too that read " i have no guns because the government will protect me" *****!!!!
    Looking for: 32acp mold-- 22 hornet jwords-- 7.62x54r- jwords, boolits, mold-- 7x57 brass, mold---7.62 Nagant-brass-- 8x56r-brass, jwords-- any old firearm laying around ( I'm starting to take gun smithing classes, and I'm looking for pieces I can work on, PM me with your details)

Poor execution of a problem on your part doesn't constitute a problem on mine.

13/14 Trapping season
    Coon-1
    Grinner-3
    Squirrel-3

Boolit Master
    Here is my best attempt to win friends here. Ost, what your neighbor really needs is an attitude adjustment. This is quite often achieved by slapping the living **** out of the creep, providing of course that you are big enough to do the job. I would have to hire a biker gang to do the job for me. One of my friends does that from time to time. He also calls on them to get rid of renters who don't pay the rent. If you disagree with me, I really don't care. I have lived in this world a very long time and I learned a long time ago that there is only one thing bullies understand and kindness ain't it. Our fearless leader tried that with a certain thug recently. I think it was in Russia or maybe it was Iraq. There are so many to choose from.
    A GUN THAT'S COCKED AND UNLOADED AIN'T GOOD FOR NUTHIN'........... ROOSTER COGBURN

Boolit Grand Master
    I had a similar neighbor but the jack bait was manufacturing meth
    he tried and tried to get my goat but I maintained my cool till the day he touched me
    the I got off my lawn tractor and knocked him on his bass in front of his kids one of which is friends with my son
    he later told my son his dad had it coming
    Hit em'hard
    hit em'often

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast