Load DataTitan ReloadingWidenersReloading Everything
Inline FabricationMidSouth Shooters SupplyRotoMetals2Repackbox
Lee Precision

Thread: Hardline Industries 4 cavity iron mold arrived today

Boolit Master

Hardline Industries 4 cavity iron mold arrived today

My Hardline Industries 4 cavity mold arrived today just a few weeks after ordering it. It is a thing of beauty. I can't see any light between the sprue plate and the mold nor between the mould blocks themselves. When I clean it up I'll know more about the machining but it just looks wonderful so far.

It is a grooveless design of 147 grain with a flat point and a slight boattail. You can order a diameter ( I think within reason) so I ordered .358 with standard WW. I actually plan on trying this in 38 special and 357 mag rifles and pistols with both 45/45/10 and PC.

I don't know when I can cast but I'll try to post my results.

This is truly the age of the caster. There are so many good mould makers now that we are living in Hog Heaven.

Dale

Boolit Master
    Yep. they are good molds to use, only they get heavy after a few hours of use.
    First use clean is easy. wipe with paper towel and then spray with Hi-TEK super 500 mold release and away you go. first bullets out are keepers.
    I have the 230gn 45 4 cavity mold and a 135gn 9mm mold in the mail.
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor.
    Australia

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by castalott View Post
    My Hardline Industries 4 cavity mold arrived today just a few weeks after ordering it. It is a thing of beauty. I can't see any light between the sprue plate and the mold nor between the mould blocks themselves. When I clean it up I'll know more about the machining but it just looks wonderful so far.

It is a grooveless design of 147 grain with a flat point and a slight boattail. You can order a diameter ( I think within reason) so I ordered .358 with standard WW. I actually plan on trying this in 38 special and 357 mag rifles and pistols with both 45/45/10 and PC.

I don't know when I can cast but I'll try to post my results.

This is truly the age of the caster. There are so many good mould makers now that we are living in Hog Heaven.

Dale
    I have to ask...did you expect to see light between the spru plate and the mold block or between the blocks themselves? These guys are TOP NOTCH MACHINISTS !! They are NOT going to send out a warped spru plate or mold blocks that are any less than perfect. These guys know how to make a cherry/ cutter and certainly know how to cut a perfect mold block and they probably have the best spru plates on the market. I'll bet money that this mold you just received WILL cast absolutely perfect bullets or as near as ANYONE out there can make. I'd be sending them an email thanking them for their hard work and offering to buy them a beer if they ever come into town.

Boolit Master
    I didn't mean the way you took it. I think it's a quality mould. They checked by phone before making it to be sure I was happy and that is quality service.

I don't quite know why you have 'gone off' on me. I think I'll just post less and less here....

Pics, or you're making all this stuff up.

Boolit Master
    There's a lot of stuff just in my mind however this mould isn't one of them.... Where is that special cable to connect the new camera to this computer?...

I checked their website. They sure do look like quality kit.

Boolit Master

Thanks for the report castalot. You are right, we do have a plethora of good mould makers to choose from.
    "Is all this REALLY necessary?"

Post some pictures when you can...