MidSouth Shooters SupplyLoad DataLee PrecisionSnyders Jerky
WidenersRepackboxTitan ReloadingRotoMetals2
Reloading Everything Inline Fabrication

Thread: Won This Awesome Custom Built 2240! (pics)

Vendor Sponsor

Won This Awesome Custom Built 2240! (pics)

Haven't gotten this in my hands yet but it ships today.. This was a raffle on another forum that I bought tickets in to benefit a member's granddaughter who has Tay-Sachs disease. The raffle did pretty good from what they tell me, and it for sure was money well spent for a good cause.

The gun itself is a custom build on a 2240 platform, not much of it is Crosman but it sure looks good! The little girl's name is Haiven, and this is a commemorative "Haiven Edition" pistol that was raffled off. Here are some pics:

And the "build sheet"

Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    That's an awesome looking pistol, congrats!

Boolit Master
    great looking gun and great cause. Thanks for sharing. We need a range report when you get it!!!

Boolit Master
    Awesome gun and congrats to you!
    Look twice, shoot once.

Boolit Buddy

Do you want to see what a std model looks like from right after WW2? When Crossman bought up a shipload of milsurp CO2 tanks that were intended to inflate life rafts? I have my grandfathers Crossman, barrel has been (poorly) silver-soldered back on, bluing is mostly gone, grips are fading to white, cant find anyone to recertify and fill the CO2 tank, havent shot it since I was 13. It was an accurate shooter in it's day. NO, it is NOT for sale!!!!! lol
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    Ben Franklin

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by Zymurgy50 View Post
    Do you want to see what a std model looks like from right after WW2? When Crossman bought up a shipload of milsurp CO2 tanks that were intended to inflate life rafts? I have my grandfathers Crossman, barrel has been (poorly) silver-soldered back on, bluing is mostly gone, grips are fading to white, cant find anyone to recertify and fill the CO2 tank, havent shot it since I was 13. It was an accurate shooter in it's day. NO, it is NOT for sale!!!!! lol
    No, not in this thread, but you -could- start a thread of your own and include some pics! I am sure the gun is worthy of it's own thread rather than steer someone else's. We'd love to see it!
    Last edited by DougGuy; 06-19-2014 at 12:56 PM.
    Got a .22 .30 .32 .357 .38 .40 .41 .44 .45 .480 or .500 S&W cylinder that needs throats honed? 9mm, 10mm/40S&W, 45 ACP pistol barrel that won't "plunk" your handloads? 480 Ruger or 475 Linebaugh cylinder that needs the "step" reamed to 6° 30min chamfer? Click here to send me a PM You can also find me on Facebook Click Here.

Boolit Master
    Awesome. Tried to order one from the Crosman custom shop, but they can't ship to my home (Michigan). Local dealers balking at helping me get it here.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.

Vendor Sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by wallenba View Post
    Awesome. Tried to order one from the Crosman custom shop, but they can't ship to my home (Michigan). Local dealers balking at helping me get it here.
    An airgun and they can't ship it to you? I am truly sorry that you are being made to suffer from some ill guided legislation designed to stop an urban assault on a schoolbus, with a single shot pellet pistol...

Boolit Mold
    Nice gun for a good cause!

Boolit Buddy

Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    An airgun and they can't ship it to you? I am truly sorry that you are being made to suffer from some ill guided legislation designed to stop an urban assault on a schoolbus, with a single shot pellet pistol...

The state of Michigan says if it is a handgun (less than 14" barrel with rifling) you must fill out 4473 and take possession from a FFL.
    Yes, this applies to pellet pistols with rifled barrels, but not BB pistols with a smooth bore. Now what individual obviously suffering from a cranial-rectal inversion that came up with this idea..............................................
    "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy".
    Ben Franklin

Vendor Sponsor

Order a bb pistol in .177 caliber with a smooth bore, so it gets shipped to you, then order a rifled barrel from ebay or wherever?

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by DougGuy View Post
    Yep... a truly goofy law. Especially since I was able to order, and have delivered, an antique qualified Swedish Mauser carbine in 6.5x55mm right to my doorstep.
    Dutch

"The future ain't what it used to be".
    -Yogi Berra.