Load DataRepackboxInline FabricationRotoMetals2
MidSouth Shooters SupplySnyders JerkyReloading EverythingTitan Reloading
Lee Precision Wideners
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drama.....so over rated...

Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jaystuw View Post
    Drama is like a train wreak, no one wants it to happen. But when it does, everybody stops by to have a look. All the action and commotion is interesting and , for lack of a better word - entertaining. Jay
    from the 'other' thread...
    Yeah, some of the postings have been less than inspired, but for the most part this has been an excellent "drama" thread.

We speak of how we are here for knowledge and comradery. But after seeing almost 200 post and over 7000 views, I think that a strong argument could be made that we also like a good, knock down, drag out, barroom brawl thread.

We have a number of members on cast bollits that are remarkably talented at on-line rough housing. Its to bad we can't put such talent to use .Maybe have one day a month set aside. A day were the mods give us a clear track to show off our skills in close combat on the key board! A chance to see who best welds the typed word as a sword or a club. A no holds barred thread in "our town" that promises huge drama in a small space for a limited time. No pit needed, Just lots of popcorn.

Of course my suggestion will be greeted with a storm of rage and ridicule. but watch, watch as the view count on this used up thread again climbs. It climbs because a plate of knowledge and comradery is sometimes best served with some spicy hot peppers while watching a demolition derby. Jay
    NOT GONNA HAPPEN HERE.

But, if you desire such, PM me your facebook name, I'll send you a friend request and you can join in (or watch) as my liberal brother and I, usually have a knockdown, dragout POST and COMMENT war about once a week on whatever the HOT topic is in the headlines.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Banned

^^^^ this is the best post i have seen in years.

Andy

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Threads like this in my opinion is the reason the old guys are leaving.

Andy
    Now you mention it, I do have less of tolerance, the older I get.
    I took almost two years off for a couple of reasons, one of which was the whiners and pot-stirrers. But I didn't fire any parting shots or try to get other members to beg me to stay (i'd bet that's what some of these drama queens are angling for).
    Warning: I know Judo. If you force me to prove it I'll shoot you.

Boolit Master
    Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    The Complaint Department already exists in that area, and I has tons of space available.

CM
    Yeah but it asks for a password to get in. So, what now? Is this my cue to throw a fit and blame the mods, claim my rights are being violated?

In Remembrance
    Quote Originally Posted by JSnover View Post
    Yeah but it asks for a password to get in. So, what now? Is this my cue to throw a fit and blame the mods, claim my rights are being violated?
    I see that it shows no threads or posts, but I never delved into it far enough to learn that.
    I tried my forum password, but that doesn't get me in.
    So, I guess a person needs to be 'special' to have access.
    Maybe one must be a certified whiner ...

CM
    Retired...TWICE. Now just raisin' cows and livin' on borrowed time.

Boolit Master

If I get a little bent out of shape with things, I go to the chapel area here and read the posts of people who are hurting, facing their last days, have family or money problems and my things just don't stack up against cancer or some other terminal disease or financial ruin. That gets me straightened out real quick. What a very nice forum we have here. I need to always remember that.
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master

Edge of The Crab Orchard National Wildlife Refuge
    Quote Originally Posted by montana_charlie View Post
    I see that it shows no threads or posts, but I never delved into it far enough to learn that.
    I tried my forum password, but that doesn't get me in.
    So, I guess a person needs to be 'special' to have access.
    Maybe one must be a certified whiner ...

CM
    My wife thinks I'm kind of "speshul",,,,,,besides, you guys need to take a number, I'm still addressing customer number 2's complaint, and it's been so long since I paid attention that I forgot who it was,,,,
    More "This is what happened when I,,,,," and less "What would happen if I,,,,"

Last of the original Group Buy Honcho's.

"Dueling should have never been made illegal in this country. It settled lots of issues between folks."- Char-Gar

Boolit Buddy
    I wish there could be one place where all these threads could be put together. Then I could binge read on them without hunting around. Not that they are hard to find thse days.
    "Failure to prepare is preparing to fail" - Benjamin Franklin

In Remembrance
    Jackson County, Choctaw Nation, Indian Territory
    Scroll down to the bottom of the main index page to the "Castboolits Statistics" section and note the number of members. Just below that is the "Newest Member" area. Cursor over that name and down in the lower left of the screen will be a number. Compare the two numbers and ponder the diffenence.
    Those who fail to study history are doomed to repeat it.

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity”. Sigmund
    Freud

Little Egypt, Part of the political fifedom of Chicago
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Threads like this in my opinion is the reason the old guys are leaving. We used to be a forum who cared for others and acted as such. With all the new people it seems everyone is on guard any more. I believe a forum has to evolve to survive but evolution does not mean change.

Andy
    As you grow to a ripe old age, you may find that your analysis is a bit skewed on this. This older group was going at this ten years before you joined with views and attitude quite different than what you've listed. Different generations have different views on things. It seems most here missed what the OP actually said in his only post. And..... evolution does mean change, you just don't realize it yet............... change is not for the good most all of the time.

Boolit Bub
    It seems like this type of thing is a universal trend on forums. Every forum I'm a member of is changing, running off the old timers, not what it used to be, etc. Every one that I've seen has something to do with a poster doing something against the rules and either getting a ban, *** chew, deleted post, etc. Either every forum I visit is changing and going down the tubes or a few people think that because they or their buddy got their wrist slapped on the internet. I haven't seen whatever propagated this thread, but I'd wager it follows the same lines.

Banned
    southern California and sometimes Honolulu, hawaii
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post

NOT GONNA HAPPEN HERE.

But, if you desire such, PM me your facebook name, I'll send you a friend request and you can join in (or watch) as my liberal brother and I, usually have a knockdown, dragout POST and COMMENT war about once a week on whatever the HOT topic is in the headlines.
    JonB That's an interesting offer, but I believe it is based on the completely reasonable assumption that I am a conservative. such is not the case. I am every bit as left as your brother. And You know what they say," put two liberals together and in 5 min. they are best friends". And 5 min after that we go to work to make YOU a liberal best friend! Jay

Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe

NOT GONNA HAPPEN HERE.

JonB That's an interesting offer, but I believe it is based on the completely reasonable assumption that I am a conservative. such is not the case. I am every bit as left as your brother. And You know what they say," put two liberals together and in 5 min. they are best friends". And 5 min after that we go to work to make YOU a liberal best friend! Jay
    Jay,
    I was 99.99% sure you were Liberal, from the posts of yours that I've read, and that's OK with me.

A bit of backstory...
    My Brother (coincidentally, also named Jay) and myself seem to fall in line with the old Aesop fable of the city mouse and the country mouse. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tow..._Country_Mouse
    He refers to the City he works in and lives at the edge of, "his Beloved Detroit". To me, a small town boy, that statement so telling of our differences. I love my small town and the friendly community that it is, but I am no small town 'rube'.

My motivation for my invite to you is not an attempt to convert my brother to conservationism that could go afoul as you suggest. It is merely what it was, an invite to move Drama from a place that is looking to avoid it, to a place that welcomes it. But I will admit that there is the side benefit of having another pro-gun rights FB friend on my list...I am assuming you ARE pro "individual" gun rights? Because I am overwhelmingly outgunned (pardon the pun) in those (the most important) discussions.

My offer still stands
    Jon
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    “If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.”
    ― The Dalai Lama, Seattle Times, May 2001

Boolit Master
    Blaming the new guys isn't going to cut it. Without them the forum wouldn't last long.
    As problematic as it seems, The Pit serves a valid purpose. Anyone who has trouble with rules and standards can post there and if/when they get slapped, they either learn a lesson or leave. The rest of the site remains relatively drama-free.
    And if it works better in theory than in practice, add the offender to your Ignore lost and move on.
    Last edited by JSnover; 06-21-2014 at 08:26 AM.

Banned
    southern California and sometimes Honolulu, hawaii
    Quote Originally Posted by JonB_in_Glencoe View Post
    Jay,
    I was 99.99% sure you were Liberal, from the posts of yours that I've read, and that's OK with me.

A bit of backstory...
    My Brother (coincidentally, also named Jay) and myself seem to fall in line with the old Aesop fable of the city mouse and the country mouse. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tow..._Country_Mouse
    He refers to the City he works in and lives at the edge of, "his Beloved Detroit". To me, a small town boy, that statement so telling of our differences. I love my small town and the friendly community that it is, but I am no small town 'rube'.

My motivation for my invite to you is not an attempt to convert my brother to conservationism that could go afoul as you suggest. It is merely what it was, an invite to move Drama from a place that is looking to avoid it, to a place that welcomes it. But I will admit that there is the side benefit of having another pro-gun rights FB friend on my list...I am assuming you ARE pro "individual" gun rights? Because I am overwhelmingly outgunned (pardon the pun) in those (the most important) discussions.

My offer still stands
    Jon
    I'm a big city mouse Jon,but Los Angeles is enough of a rat race that I wonder if the country mice may of made a better choice by staying clear of L.A. and cities like it.

And yes. I am very much pro gun rights! Guns and shooting have a powerful pull on me. Enough that I simply ignore the liberal leadership and do as I please. Others do the same. Even within the democratic party, a politician that hates guns has to tread lightly. I would rather vote republican than support our anti-gun lefties.

Anyway Jon, I'd would like to take you up on your offer, But its already late here, I should get to bed. (I'm a electric utility lineman, so I have to be heads up in the morning) I will pm you tomorrow! Jay
    Last edited by jaystuw; 06-23-2014 at 01:33 AM.

Boolit Master
    Jay---There is nothing worse that being screwed-over by folks you admire and trust! I hope you never have to pay the price for keeping your head in the sand! Good luck!
    R.D.M.

Boolit Master

You know what they say," put two liberals together and in 5 min. they are best friends". And 5 min after that we go to work to make YOU a liberal best friend!
    Gonna take longer than 5 Min. I suggest bringing a very large lunch, perhaps a snack or two and maybe some dinner.
    Hate is like drinking poison and hoping the other man dies.

*Cohesiveness* *Leadership* *a common cause***

***In a gunfight your expected to be an active participant in your own rescue***

The effective range of an excuse is ZERO Meters

In Remembrance
    A Cali liberal and gun rights advocate, is an oxymoron. There is not even a remote possibility of being both.
    You would have to have a wild imagination to even think it.

Boolit Grand Master

Jay is like a lot of Democrats, he's a nice enough guy that shares our 2A views but he supports politicians that ultimately toe the party line. OTOH the Republicans haven't given me much to smile about lately. Bottom line, IMHO Jay's a good guy. Intelligent, well spoken...just doesn't see things the way most of us do. I can live with that. Folks that agree with me 100% of the time bore me. I don't come here to talk politics anyway.
    Endowment Life Member NRA, Life Member TSRA, Member WACA, NRA Whittington Center, BBHC
    Smokeless powder is a passing fad! -Steve Garbe
    I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it. -Woodrow F. Call, Lonesome Dove
    Some of my favorite recipes start out with a handful of depleted counterbalance devices.