MidSouth Shooters SupplyLee PrecisionWidenersRepackbox
RotoMetals2Inline FabricationTitan ReloadingLoad Data
Reloading Everything Snyders Jerky
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I disappeared

North Central Montana; across the wide Missouri
    Maybe retirees do move south; but there are a lot of us that retired to Montana, course I grew up here, just had to leave for a couple careers. Congratulations on retiring!!!!

Boolit Master

Congratulations of retiring. I've been retired almost two years. After a few months, I forgot to put my watch on and now I only put it on for Church or going someplace special. It took a little getting used to but I highly recommend retirement. Have fun and those grandkids can wear a guy out pretty fast!
    ARMY Viet-Nam 70-71

Boolit Master
    Congratulations on the retirement.I am sure you will be happy where ever you decide to live.I know I was highly impressed with the area around Hazard when I was there.I elk hunted on some of the mountain top removal coal land and I was impressed with the quantity and quality of the wildlife encountered.
    If you are unwilling to defend even your own lives, then you are like mice trying to 'negotiate' with owls. You regard their ways as 'wrong', they regard you as dinner. John Farnam

It isn't all it is cracked up to be. You never get a day off and the week-ends, well same old, same old, fishing, shooting, reloading, casting,visiting the kids,.......

Enjoy a long and healthy one

Bob
    Its been months since I bought the book, "How to scam people online". It still has not arrived yet!

"If the human population held hands around the equator, a significant portion of them would drown"

Retirement is a full time job, just without the paycheck. Thank God I saved and invested earlier in life. hope your retirement is everything you hoped and planned for.
    "A gentleman will seldom, if ever, need a pistol. However, if he does,he needs it very badly!" Sir Winston Churchill

Boolit Master

It is pretty country over around Harlan. Been there once or twice. Had a very good friend from there. Sadly he was buried there earlier this year.

Boolit Master
    Congrats on your retirement, I'm sure it's well-earned.

You're not only a better shot than me, but a lot braver. I've spent a good bit of time on horseback and never met the horse I trusted enough to take a shot from the saddle.

Boolit Buddy
    Retirement is still a job. It is just a job with 365 vacation days per year. The only problem is if you do not use one, you loose it. There is no carry over until next year. Enjoy it as it comes. Now as to Hardin County. Knob Creek gun Range is just up Dixie Highway as is the Jefferson County Sportsman Club. Biff's Gun Shop is also on Dixie Highway just south of Louisville. Biff's has a very large selection of used reloading equipment. National Gun Day is at Freedom Hall twice a year. The NRA Convention is in Nashville in 2015 and back to Louisville in 2016. Plan to attend both. Lexington, about 2 hours east, has an excellent Civil War show every fall.

Retired life is just as good as you make it. Plan on making it great!

Boolit Master
    I have a home base that I keep, but like to travel and move around. For so many years I tinkered around and that is boring to me. Only so many coat racks, sheds, and barns can be built before it gets boring. I built a log splitter and a trailer, but figured out that they could be bought for cheaper. Then I figured out a fireplace is too much work. Keeping animals straps you down.

There is a free and easy way to this game. I like to go up to Alaska and catch some kings and mail them home. I like to go caribou hunting up north. Aside from that keeping a good fishing boat and a small rv around are nice. If you have one nice event every month or two to look forward to, and then you don't go stir crazy and a guy will go stir crazy on a ranchette in the bitterroot valley. Save your money, buy a condo in a nice area with plenty to do besides looking at cattle grazing on the hill. Then travel up to Montana once a year and it will be something you can appreciate.

You can travel, hunt, fish on a fairly meager retirement. It saves money buying things like expensive shop equipment that you use to make 5 dollar garage sale coatracks. The world has enough coatracks, it really does. Doing that is not free, and it is not cheap either...I dun it. It is boring.

Have fun with this! You only go round once. Hunt some blacktails on Kodiak. Take the bride to Ireland and kiss the stone. Catch a 300 pound marlin down in cabo. Take a slow boat out of San Diego and load the boat with albacore. You know that this shooting thing ain't really all it's cracked up to be either. Who gives a hoot if your deer rifle shoots 1/2 inch tighter groups one boolit mold to the next? A lot of time and money can be wasted on things that don't matter that much. But all this is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

Everything is on timers. The pool guy comes once a week. The yard guy comes once a week. I don't have to be here and can do what I want. That is a different frame of reference than I had a few years ago. But you know all this stuff looks just as good as when I kept it up. There is a lot of life out there if you change your tune on having to do everything yourself.
    Last edited by Suo Gan; 06-23-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    Lotta people die in bed: Dangerous place to be!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12