WidenersRepackboxInline FabricationSnyders Jerky
Titan ReloadingRotoMetals2Load DataMidSouth Shooters Supply
Lee Precision Reloading Everything
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MyPin PID Auto Tune?

Is the AT/M light flashing?
    The alarm settings are really unnecessary, in my opinion, I set mine to off.
    The Output LED should come on whenever the PID is switching on the SSR.
    Are there any more settings on the other side of your sheet?
    Last edited by dikman; 06-18-2014 at 02:57 AM.

Boolit Buddy
    Ok, I feel pretty dumb now.......upon reading every word on the sheet, front and back, it states to hold down both the "set" button AND the "<</m" button to enter in auto tune mode. Damn guys I'm sorry to have caused all these issues due to my lack of reading. Thank you all though for helping!

Boolit Master
    Well...........you figured it and to be straight with you when I read my directions the first 5 or so times I still didn't have it all figured out. After playing with the controller and rereading and then reading several forums I figured out how mine worked. So is your controller and pot auto tuned together now?

Quote Originally Posted by jayhkr View Post
    Ok, I feel pretty dumb now.......upon reading every word on the sheet, front and back, it states to hold down both the "set" button AND the "<</m" button to enter in auto tune mode. Damn guys I'm sorry to have caused all these issues due to my lack of reading. Thank you all though for helping!
    hey, don't sweat it, Engrish is a second language for most of us. congrats on figuring it out.

Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    Hold Set and <</M until the AT/M LED starts flashing, it's now in auto-tune.

Auto-tuning can take up to 20 minutes, with some fairly big swings in temperature as it sorts itself out.
    I'm used to people not paying any attention to what I say .

Glad you've got it sorted.

Boolit Buddy
    Quote Originally Posted by dikman View Post
    I'm used to people not paying any attention to what I say .

Glad you've got it sorted.
    Sorry bro, when you said "set" I wasn't thinking of the button, but rather the temperature needed to be "set".

That's ok, these PIDs have a fairly steep learning curve when you're first starting out. I downloaded the "manuals" for several of them when I started to try and figure out what it was all about .

Quote Originally Posted by jayhkr View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to auto tune it for a while now, mine came with no instructions.
    These men and their hypnotized followers call this a new order. It is not new. It is not order.

Boolit Mold

Turn Mypin PID autune back on

Quote Originally Posted by deces View Post
    Thank you for posting this. I have been trying to auto tune it for a while now, mine came with no instructions.
    Thought I'd throw this out there after I hosed my autotune on the PID I just built. Apon start up I was just pushing buttons and turning the power on/off and somehow turned autotune off. Took and email to the Mypin guys to figure out how to reenable it. To renable it, go into settings and set P to 3, hit Set to accept the value, then hold down Set for 3 seconds to exit the settings menu. Imediately after that hold down the autotune button for 3 seconds. It has to be done in that exact order or it wont work. Now if I just knew how I turned it off so I dont do that again.

I've never have seen the need for a PID for melting lead, but I'm not the perfectionist most of you guys are.

Boolit Master
    Why are you reading and commenting on a PID thread?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12