RotoMetals2Load DataTitan ReloadingInline Fabrication
MidSouth Shooters SupplyRepackboxReloading EverythingWideners
Lee Precision Snyders Jerky

Thread: Burris scopes

Burris scopes

How does Burris do with warantee? Will they really cover an old one? Anyone have first hand experience? Thanks
    NRA Life Member
    Amvets life member

Boolit Grand Master

I'm about to find out. I've got one with a loose hair. I bought it that way, but it wasn't obvious until i tried to adjust it.

I have sent 2 scopes if for warranty repair with no problems
    just sent a letter describing the problem and they were fixed and returned in about 6 weeks

Boolit Bub
    I've had good experiences.
    Very quick normally, one was mailed on Mon. and got it back on Fri.! That one the cross hairs were crooked; I bought it that way, didn't notice until it was on the rifle. Another I got on a used rifle and the adjustments weren't tracking properly. Both just mailed in with a note; I didn't call first and didn't have a computer then. Fixed, no charge.
    The last time was a little upsetting at first. I had a brand new 6x24 Signature I'd never used. I wanted target knobs put on so fired off a email, and mailed it, with a check, in the original box and outer cardboard sleeve, wrapped with bubble wrap and put inside a larger box (I've had terrible luck with UPS...which Burris uses for the return trip) and insured for replacement cost. Got there fine. The Burris tech emailed me on arrival and made sure what I wanted. No problem. But...when I got it back it came 'loose' in the original box, no foam or padding of any kind. And the rim of the ocular was bent from bouncing around inside the box, even tho the box itself was undamaged. So, I emailed again and sent photos. Then returned the scope as directed; once again in bomb-proof packaging. They sent me a UPS sticker to use, but it arrived too late. And...a week later I got a different brand new scope to replace the damaged one. I thought they'd just screw-on a new ocular unit. But when I removed the cellophane outer wrap and checked serial numbers...it was a new scope. So...no idea why the box-innards weren't used when returning my newly-target-knobbed scope...but they replaced it without hassle.
    I've only ever had to pay shipping (&ins.) To Burris' repair facility; they've paid return shipping. Once they re-used my generic box, the other time return shipped in a new un-labled Burris box.

Boolit Master

Never had any problems getting a new or used Burris scope repaired under warrenty .
    The problem i did have was getting one fixed correctly the first time .
    Sent back for a heavy duplex retical change.
    After 5 shots crosshairs broke , sent back for repairs
    After a few more shots scope became very blury , sent back for repairs
    When adj eye piece to focuse for my vision it was almost at the end of adj before it became clear , sent back for repair.
    They adj the parallax incorectly , readjusted parallax and its been fine for the past 10 years

Boolit Master at Heavens Range

Same here with no problems with bad or broken Burris scopes returned for repair. Only think I don't like is they are now made in the Philippines, and they don't have the disk-like covers. The Burris 2x20 is a great pistol scope.

Boolit Buddy
    I have a Burris Possi lock that I screwed up by adjusting the windage without unlocking. Called them up and told them what I did...trhey told me to send it in. Returned in a couple weeks all fixed up with no charge...

The communication was mediocore...but the servers was better then expected. They are on my short list

Boolit Master

I had one on a 22 and no problems.
    Are my kids/grandkids more important than "o"'s kids, to me they are,darn tooting they are!!! They deserve the same armed protection afforded "o"'s kids.
    I have been hoodwinked but not by"o"
    In God we trust,in "o" never trust
    Support those that support the Constitution and the 2nd Amendant

Boolit Grand Master
    I had an old Burris that was obsolete. I crushed the tube whislt tightening the rings. Purely my fault. I sent it to them. They confirmed it was obsolete and not replaceable. They fixed it. No charge. Didn't matter that the damage was my fault.

Boolit Master
    Just my personal opinion here.
    I did a good deal of research a couple of years ago on which scope was the best buy for the money. My final 3 contenders were Burris, Nikon, Redfield. This was considering MY budget at the time. I settled on A Burris 3~9X40 and never regretted it. Fantastically clear glass with no other big issues. I had one of the turrets lock up on me after moving it to another gun. Customer service had me send it in. About 4 days later got a brand new one in the mail. The only question was what the issue was.
    I have since purchased several more Burris products and I am still happy.
    Some of their upper end scopes are made in the USA and they are just as good as many of the optics costing MANY times more from other companies.
    Do, or do not.
    There is no try.
    Yoda

My experience with a Burris 6x rifle scope was very bad. The scope wouldn't hold zero. I sent it back. It was returned to me and still wouldn't hold zero, and now you could see a loose screw lying inside the tube. I sent it back again. It was returned to me, and now it had a broken cross hair. I sent it back again, this time with a note asking them to replace the scope. They would not replace the scope. It was returned to me. Now it works. The shipping I paid sending it back all those times nearly doubled the cost of the scope. It was the last Burris scope I will ever buy.

Boolit Master
    I would dearly love to have some of those timber rifle scopes ( the smallish ones)they have!
    Look twice, shoot once.